Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 05:03 PM

16,097 posts, read 10,762,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If your fantasy were true, there never would have been a civil war. And all the evil whities would still have slaves to this day.
I assume that is your fantasy and dream world.
The rest of your post shows that you either have no idea what you are talking about or have no ability to comprehend or follow a thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 05:29 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Saddam made it believed that he had WMDs. In fact he wanted the whole world to believe he had 'em because as to not, meant weakness. George W. Bush is guilty of --- falling for a bluff. Saddam expressed this in his interviews with the FBI.

The 2nd amendment isn't about WMDs, but about keeping people honest instead, be they local or foreign.

When airplanes can be taken and used as weaponry, you're right, this isn't 1945 anymore, as people are for more creative now, than they ever were ... if they get past the military and land on your doorstep, what are going to do? Throw a sock at 'em and tell 'em to go away? Nope, you're going to go find that pea shooter you got locked away in the closet, or you're going to wish you had one.

The world is a dangerous place and filled with dangerous people --- funny people believe their government should keep them safe by taking away their protection from ---- their government. However, this isn't about safety, but about honesty instead. That's what the 2nd amendment is there for ... to keep 'em honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So you think using a nuke would be acceptable? How are you going to contain the retaliation without escalating the situation into one that would literally threaten all life on the planet?
If 'we the people' need to contain a retaliation, then the situation has already been escalated.
Quote:
So you think using a nuke would be acceptable?
Did I say that?

Educating a person leads to a person being able to be productive within a society. A productive person is a happy person. A happy person is least likely wanting to kill someone else.

But the same can't be said for a government foreign or domestic. The best one can hope for is to keep 'em honest. Keeping 'em honest means keeping the playing field level in protecting the Constitution of the u.s. That job isn't just for the military, but every citizen in the u.s.

Rescinding the 2nd Amendment won't keep people safe, because as it was with foreigners and airplanes, anyone with an Internet connection knows they don't need a gun to take people out. But rescinding the 2nd Amendment will make the playing field between government and its people uneven, making it even easier to shred the u.s. Constitution, down to not even a made mention in a history book.

Without the Constitution we will no longer have a peaceful transition to power and that is what the 2nd Amendment, protects. Keeps 'em honest.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:34 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
So I am declared a criminal for possessing that which is currently legal to own. Gotcha.
Remember Prohibition?

Same deal, except if mass shootings drop drastically it is going to be all but impossible to find a lot of interest in repealing it.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:53 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Do you think Ukraine wishes they had a couple hundred thousand men familiar with guns from shooting all their lives today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I think they rather have an army like the United States. Given the choice.
And since when do you know what liberal want or like? why don’t you ask them instead of assuming you know how others feel?
Honestly, you have me all wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I think they rather have an army like the United States. Given the choice.
And if they get past the military, then what?

Before 9-11, it could not have been imagined --- just because you can't think of it, doesn't mean they can't and are not, thinking of ways ...

I've always known the military is the first line --- we're the last line. Take the last line away and all that's left is the military. Better hope then, it's enough for that generation not to be the one telling their kids, their grand kids and their great kids, what is was like to be, an American.

Old 05-28-2022, 06:21 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,941,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Uhhh do you not remember Virginia Tech? That was the biggest mass shooting in a school in US History. The perp there used 9mm and 22 LR handguns.

Wake up. why in the world should we be restricted to "inferior" or "less effective" (in your mind) weapons to defend ourselves?
Because when it comes to school shootings, you hardly ever have someone run up to the perp with either an inferior or superior weapon and quickly shoot them dead before they can do any harm. What's the point of all these deadly and very sophisticated weapons that only mass shooters seem to get around to supplying themselves with? Were Republicans (or Democrats) sprinting toward that school building in Texas with the latest and most lethal weapons that it's possible to buy? Nope, they weren't sprinting toward that school at all. Everyone apparently just hung around and stared at their feet for an hour. I am not impressed.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:11 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I assume that is your fantasy and dream world.
The rest of your post shows that you either have no idea what you are talking about or have no ability to comprehend or follow a thread.
I have shelves of primary source history books and the words of the founders themselves that tell me exactly opposite of the alternate-history drivel you are spewing here. Now... which do you think I am going to believe, the actually source documentation or you and your woke brigade?

Old 05-28-2022, 08:06 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
Quote:
Do you have a link to any commentary from God about that...?

You don't believe you have a God given right to protect yourself and your family? Do you really need to wait for a person to grant or not grant that?

Old 05-28-2022, 08:09 PM

1,874 posts, read 847,550 times
with the way the last election went, I be more afraid to not have the second, no matter which side you are on. Its not the sides that are the issue but those employed inside the beltway

Old 05-28-2022, 08:53 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
You don't believe you have a God given right to protect yourself and your family? Do you really need to wait for a person to grant or not grant that?
I think if any god existed, it would be a totally disinterested party to the affairs of mortals. Unless he personally drafted the Constitution, he had nothing to do with any of it.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:55 PM

1,213 posts, read 568,615 times
Liberals don’t like the 2nd amendment because they are told not to like the 2nd amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies