Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2022, 11:07 AM

13,984 posts, read 5,644,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Assault weapons of whatever type, kind, or modification are unwarranted and have no place in society. Large magazines, bump stocks, or automatic firing modifications have no place or purpose. Unregulated and unregistered firearms have no place in society. Indiscriminate distribution, sale, and transfer of firearms of any kind has no place in society. Open carry has no place in society.

We are living in a gun culture country and that will not change. No one will confiscate all of your guns. It isn't going to happen so give up on the lie that it is. Some opponents might advocate for a gun-free society but it will not happen. Rational and reasoned controls and regulations will happen and gun owners need to recognize that and work toward that goal in a conscious and unemotional manner. The mass shootings in schools, churches, and other public venues will eventually create a groundswell of anti-gun sentiment and harping on a false interpretation of the 2nd Amendment will not save you.
Blah blah anti-gun blah blah.

Until you repeal/replace the 2nd Amendment in order for anti-gun tyranny to pass Supreme Court muster, everything you say is blah blah. Good luck getting 2/3 of the House and Senate and then the legislatures of 38 states to all agree to commit political suicide.

All that anti-gun sentiment won't amount to a hill of beans if the political class knows actual harsh, enforceable anti-freedom legislation results in their political doom. And they know it most certainly because they pay political and campaign strategists to know it, and the data doesn't lie. Hardline anti-gun campaigns lose better than 90% of the time across any level of office, almost anywhere in America.

So even if your anti-gun sentiment reaches fever pitch, unless you are willing to go door to door yourself to rid the world of these offensive weapons that you don't like, those weapons aren't going anywhere because not only does the US Constitution limit the heck out of politicians who want to try it, so does electoral reality and their own political cowardice.

Bloviating speeches are not submitted legislation on the floor of the House or your name on a roll call vote that should be titled "On The Sense of Do I Wish To Commit Political Career Suicide"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 11:33 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,031,112 times
When the 2nd amendment was written an AK-47 didn't exist. The writers of the constitution new things would change over time and made amendment to keep up with the changing future, the future is now. Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness is being infringed upon all those innocent unarmed people shot down while pursuing THEIR rights.

An all out ban is not the answer, hunting guns and handguns can be kept in the home, anything bigger than that needs to be kept in a gun club.

If you are in a rehab you lost your gun rights

If you are a serial criminal you loose your gun rights.

Teachers should only focus on teaching not worrying about a possible gun fight.

I see cops parked in the shade doing nothing all the time, have them park at a school in shifts until we get this under control. I don't feel safe when I am in a city and see cops and military with big guns, how do you think our kids feel. It sends the wrong message, when I grew up I never once worried about guns in school.

Last edited by OpinionExperience; 06-02-2022 at 11:42 AM..

Old 06-02-2022, 11:43 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
21 minimum age. Waiting period and full background check required. Home ownership or living with family, not renting. An umbrella insurance policy that will cover any damage you inflict accidentally. Lifetime revocation of ownership rights if caught with a firearm under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:45 AM

8,946 posts, read 2,972,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
21 minimum age. Waiting period and full background check required. Home ownership or living with family, not renting. An umbrella insurance policy that will cover any damage you inflict accidentally. Lifetime revocation of ownership rights if caught with a firearm under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
So only people with money and good credit are allowed to have their constitutional rights?

Old 06-02-2022, 11:48 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,363,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
So only people with money and good credit are allowed to have their constitutional rights?
Great response!!!

Old 06-02-2022, 12:02 PM

29,561 posts, read 14,701,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
When the 2nd amendment was written an AK-47 didn't exist. The writers of the constitution new things would change over time and made amendment to keep up with the changing future, the future is now. Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness is being infringed upon all those innocent unarmed people shot down while pursuing THEIR rights.

An all out ban is not the answer, hunting guns and handguns can be kept in the home, anything bigger than that needs to be kept in a gun club.

I see cops parked in the shade doing nothing all the time, have them park at a school in shifts until we get this under control. I don't feel safe when I am in a city and see cops and military with big guns, how do you think our kids feel. It sends the wrong message, when I grew up I never once worried about guns in school.
This makes no sense. What exactly is the definition of "bigger than that" compared to "hunting guns and handguns" ?

Old 06-02-2022, 12:29 PM

13,984 posts, read 5,644,902 times
Quote:
When the 2nd amendment was written an AK-47 didn't exist. The writers of the constitution new things would change over time and made amendment to keep up with the changing future, the future is now.
So amend the Constitution. If the future is now, I see no problem with getting 2/3 of the US House, 2/3 of the US Senate and the majorities of 38 state legislatures to agree with you.
Quote:
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness is being infringed upon all those innocent unarmed people shot down while pursuing THEIR rights.
More of those innocent people were killed in automobile accidents than by firearms. Should your amendment to the US Constitution cover cars?
Quote:
Will "hunting gun" be defined for us?
Quote:
Rehab for anything, or just alcohol/drugs? Just trying to figure out how many innocent people lose their rights under your tyranny.
Quote:
Serial criminals, otherwise known as felons, already lose their rights.
Quote:
Sure. Taking away my rights at age 55 helps them do that?
Quote:
Again, taking away my rights makes you feel safer?

Old 06-02-2022, 12:32 PM

22,361 posts, read 29,481,224 times
I am a gun owner. I bought them for self protection (when I was dancing and before cellphones) and to protect my household.

These are my personal beliefs:

I believe gun ownership age should be raised to 21.

I believe assault rifles should be sold to only military and police officers. There is no reason for the everyday gun owner to own one.

I believe extensive background checks that cross state lines, etc should be put in place. When I purchased my guns I had to wait 3 days for my background check and I survived.

I believe the parents of these young mass shooters living in their households should be charged with accessory to murder. Including anyone that provided the money to purchase weapons used in the mass shooting. If you as a parent have no idea of what your child is doing in your own household, then there is severe issues there. I also believe that anyone who comments encouraging words on social media posts should be charged as well.

Old 06-02-2022, 12:43 PM

19,731 posts, read 10,150,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I am a gun owner. I bought them for self protection (when I was dancing and before cellphones) and to protect my household.

These are my personal beliefs:

I believe gun ownership age should be raised to 21.

I believe assault rifles should be sold to only military and police officers. There is no reason for the everyday gun owner to own one.

I believe extensive background checks that cross state lines, etc should be put in place. When I purchased my guns I had to wait 3 days for my background check and I survived.

I believe the parents of these young mass shooters living in their households should be charged with accessory to murder. Including anyone that provided the money to purchase weapons used in the mass shooting. If you as a parent have no idea of what your child is doing in your own household, then there is severe issues there. I also believe that anyone who comments encouraging words on social media posts should be charged as well.
Define an assault rifle. The AR 15 is the most popular hunting rifle on the market. They were sold as "a modern sporting rifle".

Old 06-02-2022, 12:43 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,031,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
So amend the Constitution. If the future is now, I see no problem with getting 2/3 of the US House, 2/3 of the US Senate and the majorities of 38 state legislatures to agree with you.

More of those innocent people were killed in automobile accidents than by firearms. Should your amendment to the US Constitution cover cars?

Will "hunting gun" be defined for us?

Rehab for anything, or just alcohol/drugs? Just trying to figure out how many innocent people lose their rights under your tyranny.

Serial criminals, otherwise known as felons, already lose their rights.

Sure. Taking away my rights at age 55 helps them do that?

Again, taking away my rights makes you feel safer?
☝️☝️☝️

This guy should loose his gun rights, Period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies