Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 06:43 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
At best, it potentially exacerbates the issue. Guns in and of themselves are the cause of nothing.
You dont have a lot of mass shootings without using a gun. Youre being intellectually dishonest here.

Whats peoples problem? If you are pro-second amendment person you still need to face reality. It has a cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
When will the conservatives finally open up their eyes and see that we are in a gun ownership crisis.

LOTS of countries have people with mental illness issues, only the US has these kind of shootings on a daily basis. don't get me wrong, im a pro-second amendment sort of guy, but im honest enough to face that it causes these issues.

We incarcerate more people per capita than any other country. When we have such a high proportion of the population who are criminals, of course your going to end up with a higher proportion of crime. Taking the guns out of the criminals hands doesn't take away the criminal mindset they harbor. Americans are also under a great deal of stress right now, and there are a lot of them who are instinctively violent and quick to rage. I never used to think America was more violent on average than the rest of the world, but my opinions change with the times.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...0-inhabitants/

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
When will the conservatives finally open up their eyes and see that we are in a gun ownership crisis.

LOTS of countries have people with mental illness issues, only the US has these kind of shootings on a daily basis. don't get me wrong, im a pro-second amendment sort of guy, but im honest enough to face that it causes these issues.
but we have had lots of guns for 100's of years... but these mass shootings.. only in the last 30ish

its not the guns or the access to guns... it is a mental issue..... we need to go back to having institutions and sanitariums with having people committed to them... but the liberals just talk about how they (the institutions) are in-humane... well I think its in-humane that 19 kids got shot up and killed by an insane, woke, self mutilating 18yr old freak

Old 06-01-2022, 06:45 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Haha. No irony between the above post and the below post made within minutes of each other!
Hey, I didn't name him. Just gave some of the demographics that are floating around out there.

Old 06-01-2022, 06:46 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Well, some mental health experts say another thing.

Mass shooters aren’t mentally ill people who suddenly snap. They decide to kill

But even if what you say is true, when are Republicans going to treat mental illness like an actual issue? There is another thread on this very subject and so far not many are saying let's fund the issue. Am I missing something?

a decade ago, republicans AND THE NRA tried to push that background checks included mental health issues....its the liberals that balked, stating it compromised HIPAA

Old 06-01-2022, 06:46 PM

3,336 posts, read 2,138,222 times
Quote:
Well, some mental health experts say another thing.

Mass shooters aren’t mentally ill people who suddenly snap. They decide to kill

But even if what you say is true, when are Republicans going to treat mental illness like an actual issue? There is another thread on this very subject and so far not many are saying let's fund the issue. Am I missing something?

I was much more sanguine about publicly funding mental health prior to the medical community's increasingly abject capture by Woke derangement over this past decade. Give me the classical liberals back, with haste, and I'm more than happy to wheel and deal in a way that would be both productive and make contact with reality.

Old 06-01-2022, 06:47 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
but we have had lots of guns for 100's of years... but these mass shootings.. only in the last 30ish

its not the guns or the access to guns... it is a mental issue..... we need to go back to having institutions and sanitariums with having people committed to them... but the liberals just talk about how they (the institutions) are in-humane... well I think its in-humane that 19 kids got shot up and killed by an insane, woke, self mutilating 18yr old freak
AR-15s with large mags werent around 100 years ago. Dont get me wrong, still some good weapons, but nothing like today.

When I was in high school I did not know anyone with a gun with a magazine holding more then 10 rounds I think. LOTS of folks with guns though. A lot of hunters in my family. If I as a kid decided to snap?

I could not manage to kill 20+ people with any of the weapons in my house, or my extended family and friends.

And self mutilating freak? Did you fall for the lie that the kid was trans that yall keep spouting? Just stop. Its a lie.

Old 06-01-2022, 06:47 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
MSNBC says the death toll is now four innocent victims. Suspect also dead.

Old 06-01-2022, 06:49 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Do you really think that a person who is not mentally ill would kill random people?

Old 06-01-2022, 06:49 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
a decade ago, republicans AND THE NRA tried to push that background checks included mental health issues....its the liberals that balked, stating it compromised HIPAA
If that iis true as you state it -- and I am not saying it is not true -- then the Democrats who opposed it shoud be run out of power. All of them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies