Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 04:59 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This is NOT correct, not even close.
Exactly. What he posted is a big stinking pile of BS!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2022, 05:02 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
She couldn't have died of COVID because COVID is a Democratic hoax, remember?

She is a he.

Old 06-04-2022, 07:39 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Well over a million Americans have died of Covid in the last eighteen months.
people diecevery day from all kinds of illnesses. did over a million people die from Covid, NO, but I do believe people died of Complications caused by Covid in an already compromised patient.

Old 06-05-2022, 12:59 AM

203 posts, read 72,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Ive quoted your post out of respect for our difference of opinion. Many points you make are worthy. I want to share the following;

1) This virus behaved in ways which reinfected people. I was impo designed to kill.
2) simply stated in all people who were infected those vaccinated survived at much higher rates.
3) simply stated, if you were unvaccinated and you were infected by Delta easily 60% died.
4) The vaccine prevented death.
5) In some patients hydroxychloroquine worked and it worked better than anything else.
6) In a pandemic vaccines are known not to be perfect. Some people will die from thier use.

These facts are harsh. It was, and still is a WAR. There is no way around that.

I take solace in the bravery of people and weep with you into the lake of tears.
Lol, if this virus was designed to kill, all the scientists did a terrible job and should be fired.

1. Most viruses have the ability to reinfect people. Few viruses are one-and-done operations.
2. This is what they say.
3. This is laughably false. The death rate for Delta was the same as Alpha and same as the wild-type virus, at a whopping 0.3%. You are off by a factor of 200x.
4. Maybe in some cases, and in other cases the cause. No studies have shown it reduced all-cause mortality. In fact, there is a signal it increases your odds of dying from CVD.
6. They're basically useless now.

This virus is not a war, stop being so melodramatic. It is for most people, an easier virus to handle than the common cold virus. Only <5% seem to have severe reactions to it, which mirrors allergic type responses.

Old 06-05-2022, 05:12 AM

2,871 posts, read 1,150,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
people die every day but of Covid, not so much
Exactly.
Calm down, people.

Old 06-05-2022, 05:41 AM

17,641 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
My coworker has this. He's about 45 years old and got hit in November, presumably during the end of the Delta wave. Went right to his lungs and he had about a 12 day hospital stay. He's been on supplemental oxygen ever since and because he lives so far from the office, he can't commute in because he's not supposed to be over 5 miles from his home with the oxygen or driving that long. Fortunately he has a job amendable to telework; however, I do wonder when/if his lungs will recover. They aren't calling it Long Covid for him, just that he has lung and heart damage from the initial event.
How would you even know? I’m sure you’re still working remotely and milking the pandemic for everything you can, right?

Old 06-05-2022, 06:08 AM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Ive quoted your post out of respect for our difference of opinion. Many points you make are worthy. I want to share the following;

1) This virus behaved in ways which reinfected people. I was impo designed to kill.
2) simply stated in all people who were infected those vaccinated survived at much higher rates.
3) simply stated, if you were unvaccinated and you were infected by Delta easily 60% died.
4) The vaccine prevented death.
5) In some patients hydroxychloroquine worked and it worked better than anything else.
6) In a pandemic vaccines are known not to be perfect. Some people will die from thier use.

These facts are harsh. It was, and still is a WAR. There is no way around that.

I take solace in the bravery of people and weep with you into the lake of tears.

Could you please provide a source for these claims? Particularly the bolded.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:15 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoffee57 View Post
This is not technically "long COVID". This is damage to his lungs, pulmonary fibrosis, that unfortunately is permanent. It's something that happens to people with severe reactions to the virus and/or being put on a ventilator prematurely or for too long.

"Long COVID", while not really defined, usually means sequelae following COVID, with no apparent underlining physical cause. I.e CFS, headaches, tinnitus, etc while biomarkers return normal or no underlying cause can be pinpointed.

For a journalist to say this principal died of "long COVID", I will need UCOD on their death certificate, and explanation of what their "long COVID" entailed, for me to believe this. Me thinks this is just someone who said he had headaches after COVID and died of a stroke, which some irresponsible journalist attributed to "long COVID" to spread fear. Wouldn't be the first time. They're running out of ammunition since just about everyone has had COVID, and just about everyone who has had it was fine, so they continue to pump out this "long COVID" mysticism.
Yeah exactly. What I have is technically long Covid. I have had continuous issues with diarrhea ever since Covid and problems with no taste still. I don’t think this was a case of it since if I was they’d have actually been more specific

Old 06-05-2022, 06:36 AM

203 posts, read 72,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Yeah exactly. What I have is technically long Covid. I have had continuous issues with diarrhea ever since Covid and problems with no taste still. I don’t think this was a case of it since if I was they’d have actually been more specific
Did you take antibiotics during your COVID infection? The GI problems at least could be due to that (antibiotics disrupt the gut biome). The taste issues could legitimately be lingering issues of "long COVID". Curious, how long this has been going on? In the studies, ageusia (loss of taste) seems to restore within a few months after COVID for the vast majority of people.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:39 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
This infuriates me....all the lies set forth by not only the news media, to undermine Desantis, and make him look like a killer, when in fact, those who continue to push these lies, ruin the lives of others for telling the truth and doing what is write.

There have been countless articles taken down written by doctors who speak out against the media, Fauci, Gates, WHO, and other government controled agencies who have been pushing vaccines.

...SMH
Yes Indeed... ~

When the inventor of the mRNA Vaccine comes right out and Says; 'These Vaccines are not designed to be used on a Regular Basis----they are dangerous; no-one knows the long-term affects!'
__Ignore that advice to your own peril~

The Principal SHORTENED his life by taking to many 'Vaccine Shots/Boosters'...destroyed his health system(s)

...PERIOD~

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies