Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 10:09 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,967,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
'They' were people who were not 'biased, open minded by their own admission and actions.

McCarthy had a host load of Republicans to offer up and he only chose that were intent on perpetuating the myth the election was stolen.

There is nothing Ivanka Trump now from speaking out. Please note she didn't.

They asked a question and she answered. Are you suggesting they edited her answer? She doesn't claim that.

And here's to what speaks to Trump's character. His daughter's testimony wasn't great but it was out there. It is his beloved daughter --- and what does Trump do. He doesn't just let it go. I didn't think her testimony was that damning. Wasn't anything we hadn't already heard or assumed.

But he had to 'dismiss' her as being ignorant of the 'numbers, etc. She had checked out. He insulted her.

His daughter knew exactly what was going on -- and so did her husband and they were careful to distance themselves from the nutters.
Blah blah blah. So why not have them be able to speak, live, unscripted?

Old 06-17-2022, 10:11 AM

23,635 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If you had noted the link was in #1608 I would have checked it out. When I refer to one in past links I always try to include the post# so there is no mistake what I'm talking about.

Your article and my article have the same information, BTW. It's your taking "refusing" out of context and making it mean something it doesn't that is causing the problem.

A half truth is a whole lie. Context matters.
Why? Are you suffering from a mental decline or something, where you constantly have to be reminded about things?

The two of us were having an ongoing discussion about what was written in a particular article that I'd linked. I know you saw that link since you quoted and commented on the particular post that the link was in, and, our current ongoing discussion had been about what was in that particular link. Because of that, having to constantly repost the link for you or having to constantly give you the post # is unnecessary...unless you are having memory problems.

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Of course not. Have you heard even one pro-Trump person testify or have the ability to present facts?
Many pro Trump people have been asked to testify or been subpoenaed. They refused. Some have been referred to DOJ for their refusal of a subpoena.

Wonder why they are afraid to testify? Maybe they have done something wrong? Duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Do you not know what a subpoena is? Are you unable to access Google to obtain a rudimentary understanding of how the committee works?
Are you seriously still maintaining the the non-legal "subpoena" was a ticket to speak at this TV SHOW?

Really? Seriously?

Old 06-17-2022, 10:13 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Are you seriously trying to be obtuse? He was not subpoenaed to testify ON THE TV SHOW THAT THIS TRIAL IS.

Surely you understand that? He was subpoenaed for non-legal deposition in which THE PRODUCERS OF THIS TV SHOW would have the ability to play (or not) whatever clips THEY felt appropriate on the TV SHOW.

Who in their right mind would sign up for that? He DOES NOT have the ability to go on the TV SHOW and speak his mind, unscripted.

Do you understand this?
Are you really this mixed up?

Old 06-17-2022, 10:13 AM

23,635 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
As Trump said in 2016: "You see the mob takes the Fifth," he said during one rally in Iowa. "If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"
Is this still about your outrage?

Old 06-17-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Many pro Trump people have been asked to testify or been subpoenaed. They refused. Some have been referred to DOJ for their refusal of a subpoena.

Wonder why they are afraid to testify? Maybe they have done something wrong? Duh!
Good grief you people are unbelievable.

You don't even understand that the TV SHOW we are watching is scripted. NO ONE had the opportunity to freely speak at it. The "subpoenas" were for private testimony that MAY OR MAY NOT be shown in this TV show.

Who would sign up for that, especially when it's not even a legal matter?

Are you kidding?

There is NO UNSCRIPTED DEFENSE HERE. Everything you see is carefully scripted by ONE SIDE.

What kind of person would even put any credence into such an awful display of injustice and political theater?

Most of you people don't even understand this! HAHA.

Old 06-17-2022, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Are you really this mixed up?
Okay I'll call your bluff.

Articulate clearly where I'm wrong. We'll wait.

Old 06-17-2022, 10:16 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
Are you seriously still maintaining the the non-legal "subpoena" was a ticket to speak at this TV SHOW?

Really? Seriously?
You clearly have zero understanding of what has transpired with this committee, who has testified and who has refused to testify, and what the televised hearings represent.

I encourage you to watch the hearings and educate yourself about the process. Until then, maybe you can find someone else to engage with you, but I'm out.

Old 06-17-2022, 10:17 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:
Good grief you people are unbelievable.

You don't even understand that the TV SHOW we are watching is scripted. NO ONE had the opportunity to freely speak at it. The "subpoenas" were for private testimony that MAY OR MAY NOT be shown in this TV show.

Who would sign up for that, especially when it's not even a legal matter?

Are you kidding?

There is NO UNSCRIPTED DEFENSE HERE. Everything you see is carefully scripted by ONE SIDE.

What kind of person would even put any credence into such an awful display of injustice and political theater?

Most of you people don't even understand this! HAHA.
These views begin in the Trump base and they end with the Trump base. Everybody else is a different matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies