Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 09:07 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,239,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
No…just doing my job to point out your garbage. Reinforce what everyone already knows. I won’t be ignoring you…not a chance.
It’s not your job, but if you want to help, I’d like to see proof to the claims of guilt.

I look forward to the conversation.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:44 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,640,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Every presidential election sees a few paid posters show up to show undying support for their employer. In 2016 we had one who was obviously Russian from the corrupt syntax when translating to post. Orion something or other. I have a screen shot somewhere of one of the posts. I’ll see if I can find it.

After Election Day, the new posters who have spammed the board for a few months disappear and are never heard from again.
Getting of the handbook material, on how to talk smack about connecting Trump to the Jan. 6 protest. Boss won't be too happy.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:36 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,679,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Not a fact finding hearing, no dissent, no cross examination, no contrary witnesses, no defense witnesses, guilty parties identified in advance, conviction is the forgone conclusion, a show trial from China, Iran, North Korea, Russia. A pure political theater and propaganda show, the one true threat to Justice and to Democracy.
There were multiple courts for those. Those cases were dismissed; some courts appointed by the president, himself.

There were attempts to reach across the isle at cooperation, regarding formation of this committee. The other side refused to cooperate.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:42 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,892,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
LOL break out the tinfoil. I am embarrassed for you!

Old 06-22-2022, 02:43 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,679,050 times
Quote:
No trials. Trump has every right to say look for more votes, recount. Not illegal. No indictments coming.

Dem voters got hoodwinked again. Hows those gas prices though?
Does anyone have a right to create a climate that prompts folk to go to election officials' houses and harass and threaten them?

Old 06-22-2022, 02:44 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,892,555 times
Quote:
No trials. Trump has every right to say look for more votes, recount.
LOL He DID NOT say that. He said find him more votes. Nothing about a recount. Nothing about "look" for more votes. He asked them to "find" an additional 10K+ votes for him, more than 20 times the difference in the 2000 election in Florida. And it wouldn't have even won the election for him!!! He would have needed 5 states to "find" 10K+ additional votes for him to overturn margins bigger than when he himself was elected in certain states, much less the popular vote which he had NEVER won.

I feel sad for Americans who are so stupid to believe him. I also feel sad that America HAS so many stupid people. But it is what it is I guess. Idiocracy, the movie by Mike Judge, is ever the more prophetic.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:36 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,247,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Getting of the handbook material, on how to talk smack about connecting Trump to the Jan. 6 protest. Boss won't be too happy.
You’re right, of course. Trump spent the day in meditation and prayer for Democracy. He only took a break to help distribute bottled water and sandwiches to the peaceful protestors at the Capitol. He is truly a saint. I hate having to tell all these stretchers about him for a paycheck, but hey - we all gotta put beans on the table somehow.

Last edited by cuebald; 06-22-2022 at 04:38 AM..

Old 06-22-2022, 03:45 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Ariz. House speaker says Trump pressure to overturn Biden win would violate his oath

Rudy and Trump called the Arizona Speaker of the house and ask him to replace the Biden Electors with Trump electors claiming that thousands of illegal immigrants, and dead people voted in Arizona. Bowers asks them for proof and names none were ever produced. Trump later in another phone call said "Were all republican's why can't you just swap out the electors". Rudy had no proof of anything in Arizona all they wanted to do was overturn the election results.

Later in the hotel meeting Speaker Bowers heard Rudy Giuliani state they had no proof only theory's. In another phone call with John Eastman Trumps attorney called Speaker Bowers again told him to just swap out the electors and let the courts sort it out. When Bowers asked Mr Eastman what proof they had Eastman said proof of election fraud didn't matter just do it let the courts sort it out.

Let the courts sort it out?

Can you just imagine?

Demanding that folks commit felonies, and "let the courts sort it out."

Sweet Jesus.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:46 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The so called USB drive was actually a ginger mint her mother handed her. Just shows how stupid Trump and Rudy Giuliani were. That video doesn't show any USB drive.

OAN settled their defamation lawsuit with the woman. OAN had to admit there was not election fraud from either woman.
Just shows how stupid Trump followers are.

Tump and Giuliani likely knew it wasn't a USB drive.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:53 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,247,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
LOL He DID NOT say that. He said find him more votes. Nothing about a recount. Nothing about "look" for more votes. He asked them to "find" an additional 10K+ votes for him, more than 20 times the difference in the 2000 election in Florida. And it wouldn't have even won the election for him!!! He would have needed 5 states to "find" 10K+ additional votes for him to overturn margins bigger than when he himself was elected in certain states, much less the popular vote which he had NEVER won.

I feel sad for Americans who are so stupid to believe him. I also feel sad that America HAS so many stupid people. But it is what it is I guess. Idiocracy, the movie by Mike Judge, is ever the more prophetic.
I just wonder what the reaction is going to be when he gets indicted the first time. I don’t think Georgia is going to be much longer bringing charges, especially after what we saw on Tuesday. Fani Willis has a fairly simple job to prove both direct involvement in election tampering and intent with the audio tape which had several witnesses there for the original call.

Lindsey Graham was noticeably absent from the testimony, but he’s in it as well on a different call to Raffensperger asking him directly to throw out ballots.

Last edited by cuebald; 06-22-2022 at 04:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies