Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 08:55 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
As far as getting commentary on the hearings is concerned, no one needs to do that. That is why several channels - we watch PBS - are presenting them in their entirety so everyone can see everything and make up their own mind. We do not need some other channel giving us their viewpoint on what we saw; we can watch them ourselves and see exactly what the witnesses are saying.

This is a completely transparent presentation and everyone should watch the hearings themselves, not wait for someone with their own viewpoint to tell us what we saw. That way lies disaster and an invitation to become an autocracy, not a democracy.
Thank you. The problem is never the media, but the way the message is presented. If the hearings seem to swing either way, it's because of the raw facts being shown. All of the media outlets are carrying exactly the same show. The only difference is in how they want you to interpret the facts.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:58 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Which other side do you want to hear from? Who specifically?

Do you think Bannon, Guiliani or Trump himself would speak on live TV under oath?
They would all be welcome to speak, as would Jordan, Stone, Flynn, Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, Pillow Fool, or any of the Congressfolks who asked for pardons. Some of them have been specifically invited and even subpoenaed, and refused to talk UNDER OATH. That is a major factor in choosing who to believe.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:00 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
They would all be welcome to speak, as would Jordan, Stone, Flynn, Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, Pillow Fool, or any of the Congressfolks who asked for pardons. Some of them have been specifically invited and even subpoenaed, and refused to talk UNDER OATH. That is a major factor in choosing who to believe.
OH I'd love for some of those to testify under oath - the ones who constantly gave us hopium and "2 more weeks!!!" and all that baloney. only to disappoint us.. Like Lin Wood and Sidney Powell and that pillow guy, UGHHHHH!!! they turned out to have NOTHING and kept pushing forward the date when they'd have 'success" .. ugh. some people still kept hanging on. I decided eff that. and watched the others hang on by a thread. UGHHHHH.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I think you missed the point. The point is to watch/read outlets that give both perspectives so you can make up your own mind. If a person constantly watches only one side, that person only gets half the story.
Oh i get it now, thanks! Plus a person has to listen without looking for a confirmation bias. that'll get them every time !! but i cannot abide some of these folks on the other side as they are soooo over the top - Joy Reid from MSNBC,, ughhhh so racist, ALWAYS 100% horrid attitude and racist as heck.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Absolutely false. Those outlets favor the facts and excellence in journalism, and several of them have the Pulitzers to prove it. That is why I go to them instead of Huffpo, Daily Kos, Wonkette, The New Republic, the Daily Beast, Vox, or any of those I mentioned in the second paragraph. All of those are simply opposite sides of the radical media.

Maybe the problem is the facts "hate Trump."
- on that claim, some people do hate Trump and attacked him at every chance,, even the good that he did accomplish.

Thats the thing, if one is biased towards a person, they will speak in that frame of mind. however, we as listeners can hear what they say. If a person is 80% standing up for the Dems, then I can only conclude that they will favor the Dems. If I hear 0% of good words which would be truthful words come out of their mouth, that furthers my opinion that they are one-sided.

Pulitzers mean nothing, if the group favors one side vs the other. Im skeptical. you see all the folks who have won the Presidental Medal of Freedom, and the people who get the Nobel Peace Prize, ugh some of them have won it because of leftist point of view on why they deserved it. Obama got one or two of those and ugh, i disagree that he should have.

so my point is, if we have a discerning sense of being able to hear these people and being able to cut thru the b.s. we might have success. but i dont want to listen to a biased for the left speaker. they wont present the whole picture in truthfulness. I guess to be honest i have a bias against the left and Dems as they have proven by words and actions to be harmful and worse.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:09 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,676,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post

There were attempts to reach across the isle at cooperation, regarding formation of this committee. The other side refused to cooperate.
This needs to be repeated, for those arguing that there was no cross-examination......

Old 06-24-2022, 09:10 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,731,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
OH I'd love for some of those to testify under oath - the ones who constantly gave us hopium and "2 more weeks!!!" and all that baloney. only to disappoint us.. Like Lin Wood and Sidney Powell and that pillow guy, UGHHHHH!!! they turned out to have NOTHING and kept pushing forward the date when they'd have 'success" .. ugh. some people still kept hanging on. I decided eff that. and watched the others hang on by a thread. UGHHHHH.
I'm still waiting on that "kraken"...LOL

Old 06-24-2022, 09:29 AM

18,114 posts, read 15,696,543 times
I don't watch the news hosts, anchors, commentators or anything. I go right to the source: the witnesses testifying under oath.

Simple, no middle-men/women. I don't need someone else to spin anything for me on any side. I can understand it by seeing and hearing it for myself.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I'm still waiting on that "kraken"...LOL
I suggest watch Jason and the Argonauts movie - you'll see them release the kraken LOLOL

Old 06-24-2022, 09:58 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Yup and then Biden Beat poor Trump and produced the sorest losers in the country’s history!
Nah, Republicans didn’t start impeachment talks almost immediately and haven’t been on a 5+ year goosechase to get him, and through a pandemic….but the consequences of voting for a demented old man that has no idea what he’s doing because of voting with hurt feelings sure have shown through.

Last edited by erieguy; 06-24-2022 at 10:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies