Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 05:58 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
No need. No Glocks or Ar-15’s at the Capitol protest.
You are wrong. They were spotted in the crowd at the ellipse and then marched to the Capitol. I wonder what else you missed by not watching the hearings today.

Old 06-28-2022, 06:00 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You are wrong. They were spotted in the crowd at the ellipse and then marched to the Capitol. I wonder what else you missed by not watching the hearings today.
Yet none turned up at the Capitol, and it’s awful hard to conceal an AR-15.

Old 06-28-2022, 06:01 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Well, either of those things is different from what that poster was saying that they heard.

What had me going ??? was the claim that the Secret Service WOULD testify under oath - that it never happened.

Though actually now that I think of it, that wouldn't necessarily mean that C.H. was committing perjury today, if Engel came under oath and said it didn't go down like that. That's the reason that hearsay isn't often admissible. Could just mean that Ornato didn't have his story straight and Engel didn't feel like correcting him at the time.
Perhaps the Secret Service were caught off guard, and really didn't know how to respond at the moment. Maybe lawyers in that agency had them say otherwise, I don't know but I would love to see them collaborate her story, she was very credible to me. Hopefully others in the car can come forward and back her up.

Old 06-28-2022, 06:01 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I agree with everything you said and have the same questions. I agree the hearsay story about the Secret Service agents might be the only item in question. I need to watch that part of her testimony again.

I was also a few months too young to vote in the 1972 election. My draft lottery number was 212.

I spent the summer of 1974 living in Washington D.C. I had not followed Watergate that closely until that summer when I started reading all of Woodward and Bernstein's articles in the Washington Post. I supported Nixon until probably late July of 74. The night he resigned, I was in Georgetown and rode my bike over to the White House in time for a demonstration on Pennsylvania Ave.

Not to turn this into a message board, but the primary reason I followed the Watergate hearings was because I was working, in the summers of 73 and 74, at an ice house here in Fort Worth. I was the youngest. The next youngest was 75. The other three were all older. They controlled the radio, and kept it turned to the Watergate hearings, so I listened.

I was on a date that night in August 1974. We were driving back from Denton to Fort Worth when the news station carried Nixon's resignation speech. I was enthralled. My date? Not so much. She wanted me to insert an eight-track* tape. I refused, saying "this is history!" We broke up soon thereafter.

*Look it up, youngsters.

Old 06-28-2022, 06:02 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
No need. No Glocks or Ar-15’s at the Capitol protest.
You asked for proof. I showed you where to find it, and provided a link in case your googler was down.

If you don't want to know, you don't have to.

Old 06-28-2022, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You asked for proof. I showed you where to find it, and provided a link incase your googler was down.

If you don't want to know, you don't have to.
Where’s the proof to AR-15’s at the Capitol? Pics?

Old 06-28-2022, 06:04 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,411,323 times
One of the coolest things about today's hearing is how Fox News, its online presence and twitter feed is giving full coverage to Cassidy Hutchison's testimony, with objectively critical comments by their anchors. Fox News and allied organizations are so done with Trump - and the big money donors will drop him like a rock. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Old 06-28-2022, 06:04 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Where’s the proof to AR-15’s at the Capitol?
In the police communications. If you don't watch, you don't know things.

Old 06-28-2022, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
In the police communications. If you don't watch, you don't know things.
So no pics of them. Near impossible to conceal AR-15’s. I’ll believe it when I see them.

Old 06-28-2022, 06:07 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,743,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Perhaps the Secret Service were caught off guard, and really didn't know how to respond at the moment. Maybe lawyers in that agency had them say otherwise, I don't know but I would love to see them collaborate her story, she was very credible to me. Hopefully others in the car can come forward and back her up.
You would love them too, you wish, you hope...Peter Alexander of NBC is cutting the Trump attack story down. This is what happens when you let third-person hearsay pass off as reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies