Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 12:48 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,334,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Not according to Hannity. But then again, he does lie a lot...

https://apnews.com/article/7c9f36d3c...452e1f64fb64a7

LMAO! Citing AP now are we? The ones who said the migration surge was a "GOP talking point," denied Hunter's laptop was real, and even backed Yellen when she said our inflation was transitory?

Hannity has NEVER said he's a journalist. I listen to his radio show, and his TV show, and he's always made that clear. You don't have to be a journalist to be a member of the press.

From the man himself:

"I go out of my way to explain what my job is, because a lot of people in the media mob do not understand what we do. Yes, I’m a member of the press, I have 675 radio affiliates. I’m on the Fox News Channel, which is a news channel, but I don’t claim to be a journalist, I claim to be a talk show host."

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/sean-han...nest-about-it/

He says it all the time. Here, this link has audio footage of him saying it. Scroll down a bit and you'll see it, it's a minute long:

https://hillreporter.com/listen-sean...ow-host-121787

Old 06-30-2022, 12:53 PM

7,289 posts, read 4,121,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
LMAO! Citing AP now are we? The ones who said the migration surge was a "GOP talking point," denied Hunter's laptop was real, and even backed Yellen when she said our inflation was transitory?

Hannity has NEVER said he's a journalist. I listen to his radio show, and his TV show, and he's always made that clear. You don't have to be a journalist to be a member of the press.

From the man himself:

"I go out of my way to explain what my job is, because a lot of people in the media mob do not understand what we do. Yes, I’m a member of the press, I have 675 radio affiliates. I’m on the Fox News Channel, which is a news channel, but I don’t claim to be a journalist, I claim to be a talk show host."

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/sean-han...nest-about-it/

He says it all the time. Here, this link has audio footage of him saying it. Scroll down a bit and you'll see it, it's a minute long:

https://hillreporter.com/listen-sean...ow-host-121787
Nobody is disputing this.

As you said, "It's a commentary show mixed with news and opinions. That still doesn't change the fact that real people come on to provide information."

Exactly, real people providing information.

Not necessarily fact, but information.

Not fact-based reporting, but opinion-sharing.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:58 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,782,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
That non-stop laughter is not a good sign. Beyond comical? Maybe someone with that problem should seek professional help. Maybe counselling or a rest home or retreat.
That is especially true if they think the topic at hand is somehow funny. It is very serious.
It's a complete joke. The entire thing is a publicly funded Democrat campaign ad, with the Democrat controlled media playing their proper role for Democrats and a bunch of idiotic stooges playing the pawns.

Everyone already knows what happened and it's why the Democrat Attorney General sees fit not to charge Trump.

Trump is a moron. Trump is a loud mouth. Trump lost the election and wants to **** on about it. Trump believes some nonsense. Trump told people to "peacefully" protest. Many thousands of people did peacefully protest. A small percentage of those people entered the building through the doors the Capitol Police opened for them. They were unarmed. They broke some windows and got shot dead for doing so. They tussled with some police and sat in Pelosi's chair. They are in prison for it. Case closed.

That's it. Trump is not some fat orange Clark Kent who turned into Superman in the car and took on and defeated two secret service agents to them be able to choke out the driver with one hand and steer the car with the other.

I just can't believe how stupid people on the left are to go along with any of this crap.

Trump lost the election, doesn't like it and won't let it go. EXACTLY like Hillary has done since 2016. She is doing the same thing. Lying about the election being stolen. No laws against lying.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:58 PM

8,430 posts, read 4,426,472 times
Well ... its been determined that Trump said he wanted to go the Capitol, he told his SS to go to the Capitol, they refused for reasons of security, Trump got mad and even demanded with words like "I'm the F...ing President " non of which has been disputed.

There remains a small discrepancy in the telling and retelling as to weather Trump reached for the steering wheel or not. I could certainly see him in his anger at least leaning forward and putting his hand(s)/arm on the back of the front seat while blasting his angry demands and expletives.

Regardless, in light of all the actions and words leading up to and including Jan 6, weather he actually reached for the steering wheel or not is meaningless and in no way degrades any testimony presented to the committee to date.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Nobody is disputing this.

As you said, "It's a commentary show mixed with news and opinions. That still doesn't change the fact that real people come on to provide information."

Exactly, real people providing information.

Not necessarily fact, but information.

Not fact-based reporting, but opinion-sharing.

If you're going to jump into my conversation, please get your facts correct. Cuebald said Hannity is not a member of the press, and said the reason why is because his show is opinion-based.

I provided context stating that Hannity's show is a mixture of commentary, opinion, and investigative reporting. That's how all of those types of shows work, including your buddies at CNN and MSNBC.

I then proceeded to provide direct quotes from Hannity, as well as audio footage to back said claims up. And just like I told Cuebald: your feelings on Hannity and his show are irrelevant.

Hannity's team and the people he works with have brought plenty of facts to the table. When you and all your pathetic Liberal cronies said there wasn't a massive migration surge, Hannity had video footage claiming otherwise. When everyone rushed to judgement on Nick Sandman and Kyle Rittenhouse, Hannity continued to bring on other voices to weigh in who had reasons why neither of those two were guilty, and guess what? They were both innocent. While people like you touted "Joyless" Reid's claims that he crossed state lines, had no family there, etc, Hannity was bringing on people who provided proof of residency, amongst other critical information.

And guess what? That same info all came out in the trial. I'm not saying Hannity is perfect, but he's actually provided a lot of factual information over the years, with the help of having solid reporters, and guests on his show.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:03 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,523,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
A person hired by the Democrat run political action committee...

that's false. hutchinson is a republican and was not hired by a PAC to give testimony.

Quote:
....to state she heard a rumor form a person from a person from a person.

that's false. she testified to hearing the story from ornato while engel, who was in the car, was in the room.

Quote:
And then the secret service agents who were actually in the vehicle have their spokesperson state she is full of crap.

that's false. the spokesperson said the agency will cooperate and give testimony about hutchinson's claim. it has made no suggestions on it's merits.

Quote:
Just stop already. You and the others are looking silly.

o' sweet irony.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Not completely accurate.

Two separate statements are being reported (both via Peter Alexander):

1. A source close to the Secret Service says both men dispute Trump grabbed the steering wheel or assaulted an agent. They do not deny that Trump was irate and demanded they drive to the Capitol.

2. Here is the quote from actual person with a name, Anthony Gugliemi, spokesman for Secret Service: “the Secret Service has communicated to DHS that any and all personnel that the January 6th Committee requests are available to testify under oath, responding to [Hutchinson’s] new allegations.”

I gotta say, I'm really curious to see how you'll react if this becomes a giant nothing burger, which it is.

In the meantime, I need to find out how Trump became so strong that he was able to over power multiple SS agents with one hand, while he steered the car with the other. Pretty impressive for a guy who's almost 80. Maybe the government injected him with the same super soldier serum they gave Captain America.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:07 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,523,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
No laws against lying.

yes there are, those would be fraud.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:08 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,782,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
that's false. hutchinson is a republican and was not hired by a PAC to give testimony.

That's what you prefer to believe based on your own political biases and I say that an an anti-Trumper who would be happy to have Trump removed from the picture.

that's false. she testified to hearing the story from ornato while engel, who was in the car, was in the room.

That's what you prefer to believe based on your own political biases and I say that an an anti-Trumper who would be happy to have Trump removed from the picture.

that's false. the spokesperson said the agency will cooperate and give testimony about hutchinson's claim. it has made no suggestions on it's merits.

o' sweet irony.
Uh huh.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:09 PM

7,289 posts, read 4,121,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
If you're going to jump into my conversation, please get your facts correct. Cuebald said Hannity is not a member of the press, and said the reason why is because his show is opinion-based.

I provided context stating that Hannity's show is a mixture of commentary, opinion, and investigative reporting. That's how all of those types of shows work, including your buddies at CNN and MSNBC.

I then proceeded to provide direct quotes from Hannity, as well as audio footage to back said claims up. And just like I told Cuebald: your feelings on Hannity and his show are irrelevant.

Hannity's team and the people he works with have brought plenty of facts to the table. When you and all your pathetic Liberal cronies said there wasn't a massive migration surge, Hannity had video footage claiming otherwise. When everyone rushed to judgement on Nick Sandman and Kyle Rittenhouse, Hannity continued to bring on other voices to weigh in who had reasons why neither of those two were guilty, and guess what? They were both innocent. While people like you touted "Joyless" Reid's claims that he crossed state lines, had no family there, etc, Hannity was bringing on people who provided proof of residency, amongst other critical information.

And guess what? That same info all came out in the trial. I'm not saying Hannity is perfect, but he's actually provided a lot of factual information over the years, with the help of having solid reporters, and guests on his show.
I'm not disputing how you characterized Hannity. He's doing the same job as all of the other pundits on CNN and Fox. I don't trust any of them. That's why I'm so adamant about sources--solid sources, direct quotes--like I said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies