Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 03:37 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I think he'll go down fighting.

Then he'll receive a pardon from Biden. If Biden makes it that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
That is the funniest thing I heard all day. LOL.
Gotta love it when they eat their own.

Old 06-30-2022, 03:40 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,413,164 times
Prediction: many more Republicans and members of the Trump administration will be coming forward to throw him to his well-deserved place, under the bus. Like the state office-holders from Georgia and Arizona, the Trump campaign lawyers, the White House lawyers, Trump adminstration figures, and Trump cabinet-level officials who have already spoken, THEY WILL ALL BE UNDER OATH.

I urge you to watch past and future installments of the Committee Hearings.

Old 06-30-2022, 03:42 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,099,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Gotta love it when they eat their own.
I never wanted Biden to be president. But I went along with it to get Trump out.

Take note. People who vote for Democrats aren't all the same.

Old 06-30-2022, 03:42 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Does it really matter. Just the fact that he wanted to go to the Capital, and lead his armed buddies against the US Congress. Cant get much more treasonous than that.
That is another astounding part of the testimony, he knew some of protestors and Proud Boys were armed but wanted the metal detectors taken down so they could join his crowd. He stated they weren't going to hurt him, and here I thought it was Antifa according to Trump and no one had guns.

Old 06-30-2022, 03:50 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,413,164 times
OK, here's some tape of Trump in the SUV -
https://twitter.com/MikeSington/stat...WnzstWkUEaxG5Q

Old 06-30-2022, 03:52 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Prediction: many more Republicans and members of the Trump administration will be coming forward to throw him to his well-deserved place, under the bus. Like the state office-holders from Georgia and Arizona, the Trump campaign lawyers, the White House lawyers, Trump adminstration figures, and Trump cabinet-level officials who have already spoken, THEY WILL ALL BE UNDER OATH.

I urge you to watch past and future installments of the Committee Hearings.
More radical left wing Deep State assumptions.

Old 06-30-2022, 03:55 PM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times
Quote:
Fascinating how the MAGA talking points are not disputing the especially damning testimony about Trump wanting his supporters to be armed and him insisting on joining them in the march on the Capitol.

(Yuge, if true.)
Hardly

Firstly, his supporters weren't armed and nothing was ever communicated by the president for his supporters to be armed (exactly how many people were found to have weapons on them in the riot? I'll wait, but it is insignificant). Contrary to the notion that the committee is trying to ridiculously raise, President Trump called for his supporters to "peacefully and patriotically" make their voices heard. That is on the record.

As for Trump wanting to join his supporters at the capitol march, so what? He already spoke to the group and the march was overwhelmingly peaceful. Absent you telling me that Trump wanted to participate in illegally storming the capitol, again, so what? I don't believe that for one second, and I find it funny that leftists who were making fun of Trump being rushed to the basement bunker for his safety actually believe that he wanted to descend into the chaos with the mob

The "bombshell" assault and other information provided by Hutchinson is being called out by others in the know.

Enough of this partisan charade that is showing that it isn't acting in good faith and that is led by people who have clear hostility toward Trump, especially Bennie Thompson of Mississippi.

Old 06-30-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I never wanted Biden to be president. But I went along with it to get Trump out.

Take note. People who vote for Democrats aren't all the same.
And what?

You take note: Neither are repubs.

Old 06-30-2022, 03:58 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Hearsay does not equal nor imply demonstrable, documented evidence.

Cassidy Hutchinson is a liar. The carefully coached performance was only marginally better than poor Christine Blasey Ford's cringe-inducing saga.

The desperation of liberal politicians is obvious. When Maine Representative Chellie Pingree, the most corrupt politician in Maine, claims that Cassidy's story is "damning" evidence, it's a guarantee that Cassidy's tale is a lie. Because Chellie Pingree is pushing it HARD.

Pingree is not an honest person. She is INCAPABLE of telling the truth.
Just constantly repeating that Cassidy is a liar isn't much of a professional debate. She is under oath and has nothing to gain and much to lose, pretty obvious that she didn't want to appear but felt she needed to set the record straight. She is very sincere, thorough and very credible, if she lied under oath it should be easy to prove with all the other people present in the room.

So two hours of testimony and the best you can do is "she lied". She put herself at risk and is likely hearing threats from the MAGA crowd that can't stand anyone that speaks against Trump. Glad we have people like her and Trump's White House attorney's speaking out, too bad that Meadows, Flynn, Cipollone and Navarro couldn't show the same courage.

I always wonder what it would take for some of his supporters to come around to the truth.

Last edited by Goodnight; 06-30-2022 at 04:09 PM..

Old 06-30-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
OK, here's some tape of Trump in the SUV -
https://twitter.com/MikeSington/stat...WnzstWkUEaxG5Q
Tell us which one was trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies