Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 04:14 PM

13,574 posts, read 4,337,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Yes, if there is verifiable evidence of crimes sufficient to convince a jury he is guilty. Merrick Garland is not Bill Barr. He isn't out to play favorites for anybody.
if, if, if, LMAO! Believe all women! Believe all Democrats! Why do you speak for the DOJ? by the way, Garland is a politically appointee and he works for Biden, so yes, he has favorites, his boss.

You would think after Mueller and the big nothing burger they would take things with a grain of salt but they are going head first on this again.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:06 PM

15,076 posts, read 10,136,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
a platform? yeah, it's call a campaign to get donations to the party. It's call throwing red meat to the base in politics and the Democrat party got lots of money out of it.

You mean protests that turned violent after the S.C. ruling and during the inauguration and the oath blocks away that police prevented and arrested a lot of people during the W Bush and Trump's oath?

You had more protests and violence spread against the election and S.C. in 2000 than 2020. 2020 was 1 event that lasted for 4 hours that everybody that trespassed where arrested.

I don't remember Biden while taking the oath having rioters burning cars, destroying windows and property blocks away from him like W Bush and Trump did.

Without the cops, you think W Bush and Trump could have taken the oath in peace ? Yes or NO?
You are deflecting.

None of what you posted pertains the questions presented.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:24 PM

37,157 posts, read 19,273,931 times
Quote:
if, if, if, LMAO! Believe all women! Believe all Democrats! Why do you speak for the DOJ? by the way, Garland is a politically appointee and he works for Biden, so yes, he has favorites, his boss.

You would think after Mueller and the big nothing burger they would take things with a grain of salt but they are going head first on this again.
Don't judge everybody by the yardstick of a MAGA republican. The GOP may wish Garland was on SCOTUS before this is over.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:28 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,487,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
You are deflecting.

pretty sure it's intentional.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
You are deflecting.

None of what you posted pertains the questions presented.
Why is it that anything different of your own bias believes is "deflecting"? You asked questions and expect a specific answers and when you get a different view you screamed "deflection" Why ask?

Everything I said about 2000, 2004 and 2016 are facts. I didn't make anything up. The difference is opinion in how We view it from each side and the ends justify the means. The other side are evil so it's acceptable.

Reminds of wars. Killing is bad but if my side does it it's different and not as bad. If you ask questions is to know my views backed with events . Don't ask questions pretending I will repeat your answers or support your views.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Don't judge everybody by the yardstick of a MAGA republican. The GOP may wish Garland was on SCOTUS before this is over.

I remember you Democrats putting Mueller in Mt. Rushmore. Now it's Garland.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:58 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,642,402 times
Quote:
If Trump releases verifiable evidence of election fraud sufficient to change the results in 2020, I will come on this board immediately and issue a public apology for everything I ever said about Trump

Plainly put, Bring it, MF. Nothing would please me more than seeing Trump in a court of law.
Mark your words. Trump's no idiot. He desperately needs a court trial to present mountains of evidence on the election fraud. Democrats are playing right into his hands.
And it helps, with Liz working inside as a double agent.
Food for thought.

Last edited by jwest09; 07-08-2022 at 06:06 PM..

Old 07-08-2022, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Mark your words. Trump's no idiot. He desperately needs a court trial to present mountains of evidence on the election fraud. Democrats are playing right into his hands.
Interesting...... Makes you wonder who is the Coyote and the Road Runner. I don't think Garland and the top Democrats are this dumb. Their goal is not to put Trump in prison or trial creating precedent. Their goal is to weaken Trump in case he goes against Biden or Kamala in 2024.

It's like pro boxing. You only want to defend your title when the contender is weaker and fight him under your terms.

Old 07-08-2022, 06:18 PM

57,408 posts, read 26,339,824 times
Quote:
That event happened in 1 day for 4 hours and We had a peaceful transition. Biden took the oath without the violence and protests blocks away that W Bush and Trump got when they took their oaths.

Again, many Democrats believed the 2000 was stolen and blamed the S.C. and protested in the streets and many in the media agreed. For you to say it didn't happened you are being disingenuous.
Jan 6 was just one part and claiming that it was just one day is just one more ridiculous understatement of the severity. Evidently Eastman, Giuliani, Kraken and the republicans in the swing states had false electors and investigations ready to go, before and after. Almost 2 years in and they are still at it.

Old 07-08-2022, 06:21 PM

57,408 posts, read 26,339,824 times
Quote:
More conspiracies but when Democrats do it, it's different. 2004 Elections: Sen. Barbara Boxer and dozens of House members objected to Ohio’s electoral votes going for Bush, even though he won the state by more than 100,000 votes. Anybody remembers Ohio in 2004?

Rep. Maxine Waters, a California Democrat,(still in office today) promoted a conspiracy theory whereby enough votes were switched from Kerry to Bush by voting machines and enough voters were wrongly purged from voter rolls that it “could have been” determinative of the result in Ohio and, thus, the whole presidential election. She was throwing lies and doubts all over the place and many Democrats believe it or didn't have a problem spreading lies for a good cause. Stacy Abrams used the same lies in 2018 GA elections with purging votes intentionally.

Terry McAuliffe in 2004, claiming Republicans stole the 2000 election. McAuliffe, who has never recanted that false claim was supported by many in the media. We all know the purpose of this.

I can go on and on from 2000, 2004 and 2016 and congressional and governorship races that Democrats threw outrages charges without proof and used the courts to either stop the count or to add votes to change the outcome.
No democratic senator ever backed the few house objections, Cruz, Hawley went so far as to stop the vote certification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies