Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 01:49 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I don’t watch theatrics. I wait until the next day to read over skipping the grandstanding speeches of members of Congress of both parties. As long as the cameras are on they will perform. I have better use of my time than to watch their theatrics. I just watched the local news highlights which was brief and what I saw so far is still allegations of support for the protest but nothing yet showing members of the previous administration actively orchestrating the events of January 6.
Interesting. Where did you watch the highlights?

Old 07-22-2022, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
And is that a crime?
It is when he says it several days prior to the action. That means everything was premeditated and planned, not simply a spontaneous happening. Here's an audio clip from 10/31/2020.

Regardless of what you think of Mother Jones, it was the shortest clip that had all of the pertinent audio stripped of commentary. Trump planned in advance to steal the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxNoUnxN_cs

Old 07-22-2022, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I know exactly what he said, and so do you. You’re simply trying to deny and deflect from it, but again, please post proof that he didn’t tell folks to protest peacefully and patriotically and didn’t tell folks to go home?

I know perfectly, and the facts I provided hold great weight. You just don’t like them.
I know what everyone who was watching saw and heard from people who were there with Trump behind the scenes, and I know when sound bites are taken out of context. You should learn that trick.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:04 AM

Quote:
I know exactly what he said, and so do you. You’re simply trying to deny and deflect from it, but again, please post proof that he didn’t tell folks to protest peacefully and patriotically and didn’t tell folks to go home?

I know perfectly, and the facts I provided hold great weight. You just don’t like them.
I know what everyone who was watching saw and heard from people who were there with Trump behind the scenes, and I know when sound bites are taken out of context. You should learn that trick.

Hint: It's the three hours in the middle that are damning for him.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:08 AM

Quote:
You conveniently ignored the first paragraph in your response, but I thank you for admitting that he told them to go home……and they did peacefully, almost 2 hours afterwards, so thinking they would’ve left immediately is quite the assumption.
People had their phones out taking videos, a lot of which have been entered as evidence. They would have seen his tweets come in. There is video of several of them reading the last tweet immediately after he sent it. The tweet is time stamped, so there is no doubting when it was sent. That is what a court will be interested in, not the attempt at sugar coating what he caused to happen.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
You apparently missed the hearing(s) where some of those connections were made. It was also a multi-pronged attempt to subvert the will of the American people. January 6 was the culmination and last ditch effort of that attempt.

Do you understand that not all of the criminality occurred on January 6th? Eastman, Mike Flynn, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell all promoted an unconstitutional means of Pence denying the election results. Trump met with Pence numerous times to encourage him to follow the plan. He pressured him on January 6th to violate the Constitution. He tweeted that Pence lacked courage as the crowds were calling for Pence's death.

Trump is on tape asking the the Georgia election official to find 11,780 votes even after being told multiple times that there was no evidence of fraud sufficient to change the results. Even after multiple counts in Georgia. That is a crime. Frankly that call alone should be all any patriotic American needs to hear.
Don't forget Peter Navarro and the 36-page Green Bay Sweep. That is what is keeping Fani Willis and her Fulton County Special Grand Jury busy right now subpoenaing fake electors.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Again, an assumption, just like thinking they would’ve left immediately.
That is precisely what Mitch McConnell had to say about him tweeting a statement to them. They played the video clip of him saying Trump was the only one who could stop the insurrection.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
and? the DOJ investigates all day 24/7 the whole country. DOJ investigations doesn't mean an indictment or conviction. Sometimes it helps the other side because of due process and impartiality.

How am I deflecting? The main purpose of Pelosi and the Democrats is for Trump not to run again and when the Las Vegas money odds doesn't change the numbers and only hurts Biden and Pelosi's numbers that's a sign the hearing is not working. It's part of the conversation. You just don't like the odds and it's like throwing holy water to the possessed.

Let me take out the crayons for you, if the money odds for Trump drops him 1 or 2 or 3 spots then you can make an argument the hearings are working well but they are not. You either agree or disagree but for you to say it's deflecting that is wishful thinking.
Exactly. The DOJ currently has at least three Grand Juries hearing evidence about facets of 1/6. They may or may not return an indictment depending on what they find.

"9-11.101 - POWERS AND LIMITATIONS OF GRAND JURIES—THE FUNCTIONS OF A GRAND JURY
While grand juries are sometimes described as performing accusatory and investigatory functions, the grand jury's principal function is to determine whether or not there is probable cause to believe that one or more persons committed a certain Federal offense within the venue of the district court. Thus, it has been said that a grand jury has but two functions—to indict or, in the alternative, to return a "no-bill." See Wright, Federal Practice and Procedure, Criminal Section 110."

https://www.justice.gov/jm/jm-9-11000-grand-jury

As far as Vegas, you are way over two years out from the election, and no one has announced yet on either side. The current odds will most certainly change on e way or the other when someone does. Since you have essentially Trump and Biden as the current presumptive front runners, neither of whom is attractive to the vast majority of American voters in 2024 for various reasons, the current handicapping in Vegas isn't worth a bucket of warm spit, as Harry Truman would have said.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:33 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,946 times
Is this show really still going? It must have been renewed for a 2nd season and I missed it somehow.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Is this show really still going? It must have been renewed for a 2nd season and I missed it somehow.
Not to worry - It's coming back in September with brand new episodes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies