Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 08:43 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I see where the invisible GOP Twitter account is now calling Sarah Matthews a liar and a pawn.

Lifelong republican, dedicated employee in the Trump admin but now she's a liar.

I recall her resigning immediately after Trump's Tweet blaming Pence for not standing up. Surprised how many good people that were employed in the White House.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...72c1d44ad88e39
The just totally ironic and hypocritical and WRONG aspect of the Tweet is that she is still working for the GOP in Congress—
She went to her job today—knowing that whoever is controlling that Twitter feed has totally trashed her actions
How STUPID is that—she is still in a position to know what could be damaging information about GOP actions and planning
This is like peeing in your water supply—-

But no one has ever claimed brains have been assigned to the GOP policy makers—

And Fox News (as MSNBC commentators pointed out today) will pass along all that incorrect propaganda and Fox watchers will believe that she works for Nancy Pelosi—which she doesn’t—

I just don’t understand how anyone can claim allegiance to a party that so totally and blatantly lies to them minute to minute—
GULLIBLE OBLIVIOUS PEOPLE is the new definition of GOP

Old 07-22-2022, 08:53 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Josh Hawley might want to stay off the internet for a few days.

Old 07-22-2022, 08:53 AM

37,227 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Then let it be known that the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers were on Parlor- Plotting the events for Jan6. They met with Good Ole Roger Stone( trumps' go to guy to spread misinformation--- also the guy Trumpy pardoned for all his illegal shanigans) at the Willard Hotel in DC days before to go over the capitol invasion . Its a matter of linking the actors to the crime. Which is clearly being brought forth at this hearing. Or have you not listened to the testimony of the oath keeper and Proud boy chaps?

I think there is a huge misconception of "Beyond a reasonable doubt" - the fifth amendment carries some determination on this. The prosecutor has the task of presenting the " evidence /testimony to the juror or the judge. To prove someone guilty, the prosecutor does not need to eliminate all doubt. This would be impossible, as only a witness to a crime can declare with absolute certainty that something occurred.

A judge has already made clear that an insurrection occurred on January 6- the "More likely than NOT" fits here to bring forth changes . Trump plotted and orchestrated that days event - knowingly . He willfully defied his duty to intervene on the threat and harm done at the capitol. You have to be some kind of dumb if you think his picking THAT DATE and THAT TIME to have a ( editor sarcasm interjecting)- Peaceful rally to commiserate with his crowd of armed supporters about the COMPLETELY FALSE "STOLEN election" . Though Trumpy himself WAS actually TRYING to the STEAL the election and stay in power. How bizarre is that?? HE was going to stop at NOTHING to see that HE wore the crown and ruled this country under HIS terms. You dont have to like or dislike the criminal to set a fair verdict of guilty. Weird that you make the assumption that someone has to HATE a person to find them guilty or innocent. A person can be very much dislike the CRIME itself and HOLD the person accountable for engaging in that act.

I think this committee is being thorough . Where I think they fall short is - certain important pieces of information are being kept from the public. Maybe so the case isn't tainted PRIOR to charges. Gosh knows if Trumpy gets wind of any truths of evidence, he will completely spin it til its morphed into yet another tale of lies. He isnt the victim here, he is the perpe- TRAITOR.

The rally was originally planned in November for January 22. It was moved to 1/6 in December, showing that everything was preplanned.

https://wamu.org/story/20/12/22/dc-m...america-first/

Old 07-22-2022, 08:54 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Is this show really still going? It must have been renewed for a 2nd season and I missed it somehow.
They're hope is to keep it going until the election. That's a big part of what this show trial is about. Keeping their narrative in the headlines through the election.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:01 AM

37,227 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I remember on 9/11 when President Bush sat in front of a classroom with young children and let them finish reading to him for 7 minutes after he was told about the attack. It was one of the most controversial decisions of his presidency and there were calls for him to be impeached.

Trump chose to allow the violent attack to continue for 187 minutes before acting. He just sat there and watched it on TV. Not until he realized that his coup had failed, and everyone around him was pleading and begging with him to stop it, did he finally make his infamous "go home, I love you" speech to his insurgents.

Phone call logs are missing. Daily diary is blank. No photographs. Secret Service texts are missing. Sounds legit.
GHW Bush sat on the board of Carlyle, a major munitions manufacturer, along with Bin Laden's brother. They were having a conference in Washington on 9/11, and the only plane allowed to fly that day carried the Bin Laden family. Every bomb that dropped in Iraq and Afghanistan lined the Bush pockets a little more.

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/12/...carlyle-group/

That is the damning part Trump cannot ever explain away. His dereliction of duty as supposed president is abysmal. It's almost like he wanted the insurrection to succeed.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Nice—

And former MO Senator Claire McCaskell had a good laught when she saw his run through the Senate bldg to get to safe room—
She said that the rule is that a Senator NEVER runs in the Senate—destroys the image and historical prestige of the Body—
And just goes to show that he was scared of those he had agitated outside the Capital when he was behind safety barriers on his way to not vote

He was and is a tool—a very dangerous man because of his following with the base GOP—
Another one who should have his law license lifted…and have Yale rescend his law degree

Old 07-22-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
They're hope is to keep it going until the election. That's a big part of what this show trial is about. Keeping their narrative in the headlines through the election.
Don’t I remember the GOP doing that with Bill Clinton’s impeachment/White Water investigation and then the same GOP doing that with Benghazi for years???
I guess the Dems learned from watching their colleagues in office

Old 07-22-2022, 09:08 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,695,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
An informed voter can make better decisions about candidates.

The Republicans can put on a "show" about Joe Biden. Then the voters can decide which man looks like a traitor and which man has honored his oath of office.

Doubt that either of them will be in the race in 2024, though.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:10 AM

4,386 posts, read 4,239,114 times
I don't usually play "What if?" but in this case I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Trump had in fact gone up to the Capitol. What if the protestors had been successful in apprehending Pence, Pelosi, and others they had targeted? How long would it have taken before law and order prevailed? Would it have been a coup d'état or just an attempted coup?

This was brought up very briefly on this thread, but the questions were not really explored. I have trouble sorting out how the end game was to go down.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:13 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies