Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 09:56 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Meh.
The end.
There's never a end, but a new beginning in 2022 and 2024.

Old 07-21-2022, 10:19 PM

18,109 posts, read 15,683,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
So, you don't want to watch it, or just do your research online, but you want people to fill you in on what's going on. Then when they tell you, you probably not going to believe them anyway, or question what they tell you. Why bother?
This is the other problem going on. Triggered, yet lazy, yet unwilling to see reality, yet wanting to be spoon fed like a small child, and only believing the story they want to be true. And there are millions of these types. They are full-on into the cult. Too far gone.

Old 07-21-2022, 10:24 PM

17,626 posts, read 17,690,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
starts at roughly :38 seconds on, right after the president says "Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. And if he doesn't, it will be a sad day for our country. Because you will never take back our country through weakness."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ONC-qQEcfg&t=46s

This cannot be explained as anything other than riling up his base, some of whom he knew had guns. It cannot be explained away and it cannot be defended.

And, yes, I know you were inferring the BLM riots. Start a new thread. This is about the 1/6 hearings.
Such statements and other allegations could be grounds for a censure of the former president but in a criminal trial it is very shaky ground to begin a trial for a conviction. Questioning the legitimacy of an election is not illegal and making it illegal would impact members of both political parties since democrats in the recent past have also questioned the legitimacy of election results. Telling a governor to find votes can be argued as legal since he did not implicitly state to make fake votes. Semantics can be a legal issue in this case. Wanting the VP to do something is a questionable situation if what he wanted the VP to do was illegal and unconstitutional especially if the VP obeyed the president. The VP did not obey the president knowing that what he was told was wrong. As for inciting the protestors to violence, that would be up to interpretation and speculation. There is enough for a censure, but whether or not there’s enough to go to trial is questionable and would also effect Democratic Party members of congress who made much more damning and violent statements towards protestors who later engaged in violent actions.

Old 07-21-2022, 10:46 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
The words knowingly and willingly will come into play with the DOJ....especially on the fake electors plot...by the way are you familiar with the testimony on that???...give it a listen...Eastman and Clark are probably going behind bars for that,,I can promise you that. Regarding other laws being broken you have to factor in things like state of mind..like Trump saying that all the armed protestors were not there for him and should be let into the Elipse...and then knowing that much of the crowd was armed asking that crowd to march on the capital...that is a call to action. That's called abuse of power over law enforcement and Govt..which is breaking the law if proved in a court of law. All your telling me is that you haven't paid that much attention to these hearings.
Opinion, assumptions and mis-truths.

Old 07-22-2022, 12:08 AM

I’m not a die hard Trump fan. I recognize bad decisions were made leading up to and after the January 6 invasion of the capital. Those players who were giving the president had or potentially illegal advice should not hold a government position advising an elected official. Trump is what he always was, a bombastic blowhard. As a person, I don’t like him at all. But I did like what he was doing for the country and was making it better for the citizens and that made members of congress angry. An honest politician seeking the office of president should look at what policies and decisions Trump made that improved the nation and promise to enact such measures once elected. ALL honest presidential candidates should look back on what the previous administrations did right and what they did wrong and strive to put forth those policies that worked and repeal those that made the country worse. I would be wary of voting for Trump with what we know about January 6 but I would vote for him if it was a choice between him and a candidate that wanted to continue what the current administration is doing now.

Old 07-22-2022, 12:14 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,675,690 times
If folk fail to understand, or flat out reject, the fact that people stormed the Capitol of the United States, and deliberately disrupted the business of Congress, let alone attempted to stop the Constitution-mandated election process...If folk really believe that there is nothing wrong with that......!

Old 07-22-2022, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
If folk fail to understand, or flat out reject, the fact that people stormed the Capitol of the United States, and deliberately disrupted the business of Congress, let alone attempted to stop the Constitution-mandated election process...If folk really believe that there is nothing wrong with that......!
Has anyone said what they did that day was not wrong and illegal? What the investigation is about is finding out if the previous administration orchestrated what happened January 6.

Old 07-22-2022, 12:26 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Has anyone said what they did that day was not wrong and illegal? What the investigation is about is finding out if the previous administration orchestrated what happened January 6.
And if you had watched tonight, you might have a better understanding of the part Trump had in that. Bannon told y'all the plan was to concoct a fiction that the election was stolen even before the election. Trump told the crowd that day that a great injustice had been done and egged the crowd on telling them Pence had failed them. He knew some in the crowd were armed and he wanted to join them in marching to the Capitol. His hands are dirty.

Old 07-22-2022, 12:31 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,857 times
I remember on 9/11 when President Bush sat in front of a classroom with young children and let them finish reading to him for 7 minutes after he was told about the attack. It was one of the most controversial decisions of his presidency and there were calls for him to be impeached.

Trump chose to allow the violent attack to continue for 187 minutes before acting. He just sat there and watched it on TV. Not until he realized that his coup had failed, and everyone around him was pleading and begging with him to stop it, did he finally make his infamous "go home, I love you" speech to his insurgents.

Phone call logs are missing. Daily diary is blank. No photographs. Secret Service texts are missing. Sounds legit.

Last edited by Butterflyfish; 07-22-2022 at 12:39 AM..

Old 07-22-2022, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I remember on 9/11 when President Bush sat in front of a classroom with young children and let them finish reading to him for 7 minutes after he was told about the attack. It was one of the most controversial decisions of his presidency and there were calls for him to be impeached.

Trump chose to allow the violent attack to continue for 187 minutes before acting. He just sat there and watched it on TV. Not until he realized that his coup had failed, and everyone around him was pleading and begging with him to stop it, did he finally make his infamous "go home, I love you" speech to his insurgents.

Phone call logs are missing. Daily diary is blank. No photographs. Secret Service texts are missing. Sounds legit.
I don’t like nor agree with the things Trump and his advisors said or did that day. What I question is whether the evidence amounts to criminal charges that can be brought before a court of law. The standard for guilty is “beyond a shadow of doubt”. Unless the prosecutor can produce evidence of direct collusion between the Trump administration and the people who invaded the capital then all the current evidence is not likely to result in a guilty verdict unless the judge and jury are all people who absolutely hate Trump. Without evidence of members of the Trump administration orchestrating the protestors to action it may not be enough for an indictment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies