Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 09:24 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,743,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I answered why I don’t watch. I want facts, not theatrical speeches by members of the congress.
Do you know how to fast forward through a YouTube video? There's very little grandstanding in these hearings, but you can FF through any parts you don't want to watch.

Nobody owes you a synopsis of the hearings. If you want to know what's been proved, watch them.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:26 PM

13,591 posts, read 10,007,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
So they were supposedly extremely unruly and doing everything they possibly could to try to take over the Capitol while watching for a video at the same time. That’s some major multi-tasking with the way folks have described how terrifying they supposedly were.

Fact is he told them to protest peacefully and patriotically and told them to go home.No matter how one tries to deflect from it or say he didn’t, there’s facts that prove he did.
Yeah ok. Telling them to go home 3 hours into it is what’s commonly referred to as shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted.

2,942 posts, read 1,642,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What he was or wasn't going to do is irrelevant, Bingo. Had you watched tonight, you would have seen what he actually did and did not do.

What a shame you chose not to know. Your posts might carry some weight, then.
Did you watch?
Or
Did you not watch, and say you did?
Or
You didn't watch at all, but received updates VIA , CNN(Clinton News Network)
Or
Didn't have to watch, herd it from a friend.
Or
None of the above.

12,979 posts, read 9,692,345 times
Quote:
I answered why I don’t watch. I want facts, not theatrical speeches by members of the congress.
So, you don't want to watch it, or just do your research online, but you want people to fill you in on what's going on. Then when they tell you, you probably not going to believe them anyway, or question what they tell you. Why bother?

Old 07-21-2022, 09:27 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,554,810 times
Quote:
I don’t watch theatrics. I wait until the next day to read over skipping the grandstanding speeches of members of Congress of both parties. As long as the cameras are on they will perform. I have better use of my time than to watch their theatrics. I just watched the local news highlights which was brief and what I saw so far is still allegations of support for the protest but nothing yet showing members of the previous administration actively orchestrating the events of January 6.
It was obvious with your first post that you did not watch tonight. Not sure why you commented as if you had.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:30 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,271,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yeah ok. Telling them to go home 3 hours into it is what’s commonly referred to as shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted.
You conveniently ignored the first paragraph in your response, but I thank you for admitting that he told them to go home……and they did peacefully, almost 2 hours afterwards, so thinking they would’ve left immediately is quite the assumption.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:30 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,171,352 times
Quote:
And is that a crime?
Did I say it was a crime?

It does add evidence that Trump is a fat ass liar and all of this was planned to keep him in power event though he knew he had lost.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Wow so they have Bannom on tape saying trump would say the election was stolen if he was losing.
That's actually old news by now, but he said that n his little podcast.

Quote:
And is that a crime?
It means he knew he had lost and was planning on pushing the election lie early on. It was dangerous and unprecedented in American history. He knowingly riles up his violent base with a lie. A crime? Maybe not. But certainly dangerous and indicative of a man unfit for office.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:33 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,383,840 times
Quote:
I don’t watch theatrics. I wait until the next day to read over skipping the grandstanding speeches of members of Congress of both parties. As long as the cameras are on they will perform. I have better use of my time than to watch their theatrics. I just watched the local news highlights which was brief and what I saw so far is still allegations of support for the protest but nothing yet showing members of the previous administration actively orchestrating the events of January 6.
You apparently missed the hearing(s) where some of those connections were made. It was also a multi-pronged attempt to subvert the will of the American people. January 6 was the culmination and last ditch effort of that attempt.

Do you understand that not all of the criminality occurred on January 6th? Eastman, Mike Flynn, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell all promoted an unconstitutional means of Pence denying the election results. Trump met with Pence numerous times to encourage him to follow the plan. He pressured him on January 6th to violate the Constitution. He tweeted that Pence lacked courage as the crowds were calling for Pence's death.

Trump is on tape asking the the Georgia election official to find 11,780 votes even after being told multiple times that there was no evidence of fraud sufficient to change the results. Even after multiple counts in Georgia. That is a crime. Frankly that call alone should be all any patriotic American needs to hear.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Did I say it was a crime?
It is a way of arguing a lost cause. They try to refute a position you never made in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies