Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 09:10 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Quite the assumption, as you have no idea what he was or wasn’t going to do.
Clearly, what he was trying to do was overturn the results of an election he lost. He failed because of the efforts of some of his sycophants who suddenly grew spines at the 11th hour.

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I read a lot of speculation and allegations but I don’t see anything that is a crime on the part of the previous administration. Is there any evidence of someone in the previous administration actively orchestrating the events on January 6? Any answers to the allegations of capital authorities opening the doors to the capital and waving in protestors? Any answers why the Speaker of the House denied National Guard and or additional law enforcement at the capital?
Did you watch tonight?

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
I read a lot of speculation and allegations but I don’t see anything that is a crime on the part of the previous administration. Is there any evidence of someone in the previous administration actively orchestrating the events on January 6? Any answers to the allegations of capital authorities opening the doors to the capital and waving in protestors? Any answers why the Speaker of the House denied National Guard and or additional law enforcement at the capital?
Clearly you've been paying absolutely no attention to the hearings whatsoever.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:11 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
America joined a lot of countries where attempts to prevent the peaceful transfer of power has occurred. Who would have thought...
"America joined"
Who joined what???

Tell us all what America is, please.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:12 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
I didn’t not admit any such thing. Saying he told them to go home is true, and there’s no denying it. Since you like to use “might” and assume, it’s fair to say they might have paid no attention at all.
You better re-read what I wrote because you're mixed up. You've continued to say he told his supporters to go home but never disclosed or admitted, when called out on it, that it took three hours for him to do it. And I use "might" because there's no way of knowing for sure if all of this would have occurred. I've been around here long enough to know that if you say emphatically that something will or won't happen, you are crucified for saying it.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:12 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
Quote:
Is this sarcasm?

Old 07-21-2022, 09:13 PM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Quite the assumption, as you have no idea what he was or wasn’t going to do.
What he was or wasn't going to do is irrelevant, Bingo. Had you watched tonight, you would have seen what he actually did and did not do.

What a shame you chose not to know. Your posts might carry some weight, then.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:14 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
You steal elections and it pisses people off.
The election wasn't stolen. Not a single person in Trump's inner circle believed the election was stolen.

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
"America joined"
Who joined what???

Tell us all what America is, please.
Donald Trump attempted to make the USA join a long list of banana republics where elections are dishonored, the peaceful transfer of power is disregarded and a coup to retain power is attempted. Fortunately the attempt failed, but the fact the attempt was made at all indicates we have our foot in the door of banana republic status.

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Did you watch tonight?

I don’t watch theatrics. I wait until the next day to read over skipping the grandstanding speeches of members of Congress of both parties. As long as the cameras are on they will perform. I have better use of my time than to watch their theatrics. I just watched the local news highlights which was brief and what I saw so far is still allegations of support for the protest but nothing yet showing members of the previous administration actively orchestrating the events of January 6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies