Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2022, 02:31 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times

Advertisements

No thanks. Protests are silly and have yet to impact significantly the production, distribution or the quantity.
Yelling in groups is annoying. Which reminds me why I don't go to concerts. Noise pollution.

Patooey to capitalism when it inflates to the point of basic needs being whittled. Exxon is living up to it's reputation of never letting a opportunity go to waste . Line those pockets! ( That's my ten sec protest) now to wait and see how it impacted the market price.

Drats it hasn't!

Old 06-11-2022, 02:35 AM

1,213 posts, read 568,081 times
This guy sucks. Officially worst president ever. There’s no question there.
Anyone who supports him at this point is just a complete idiot. You are brain dead.
I understand not liking Trump and voting for Joe and giving him a shot, but by now if you don’t realize he is totally terrible and an epic failure then you really should not be allowed to function in society.

Old 06-11-2022, 04:24 AM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
This guy sucks. Officially worst president ever. There’s no question there.
Anyone who supports him at this point is just a complete idiot. You are brain dead.
I understand not liking Trump and voting for Joe and giving him a shot, but by now if you don’t realize he is totally terrible and an epic failure then you really should not be allowed to function in society.
He is about as bad as Obama. He is blaming pooten again when gas prices went sky high well before the war started. I hate the man stan.

Old 06-11-2022, 04:41 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I find it hilarious that there are a few Biden’s nuthuggers right here posting on citydata making excuses for high gas price caused by their Lord Biden while Biden’s job approval rating is taking a nose dive at the polls.

See ya in November at the voting booth
Specifically, how did he cause it? If you have information share it.

Old 06-11-2022, 04:43 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
so tax the most successful to a failing industry? Really? That would be very very foolish.

We need to find ways to moderate the level of wealth inequality. Its got to the point it harms our country in multiple ways. And its irrational.
That's how I see it too. We are going to tip over if we don't level it out enough where people have the basics. Even if a person doesn't think in terms of compassion it's not good for society.

Old 06-11-2022, 05:17 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,062 times
The Republican answer to everything is give the wealthy more unconditional tax breaks and then try to micromanage everybody's personal life through open season on law suits and bounties for snitches. If it all goes south, can just take a convenient vacation to Mexican resort.

In other words yea you can show your displeasure with Biden by voting Republican, but its kinda equivalent of busting out all windows in your house in middle of winter to protest higher heating costs. Kleptocrats and Vlad wannabes are not your friends. Modern Republicans are fans of autocracy. They would sided with Hitler and Mussolini in other times. More effective to vote in the primaries.

Old 06-11-2022, 05:26 AM

6,362 posts, read 4,187,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
We live really close to everything, our car is very energy efficient.
We fill up the tank about once a month...it use to cost us about $15 now it costs about
$23...the eight dollars extra a month will not kill us.
I have been around awhile, what goes up always comes down anyway...
Very short sighted and missing the larger problem since you are only focus on the gas you need to put in your little fuel tank for local driving❗️

Old 06-11-2022, 05:35 AM

6,362 posts, read 4,187,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Specifically, how did he cause it? If you have information share it.
Obviously he stoped US oil production and exporting and began importing from our adversaries and did this as soon as he got into the White House. He campaigned on this in order to gain support from the radical left and their alleged hope for a Green New Deal.

It’s amazing how many people are totally clueless and it explains how these corrupt and incompetent politicians have got into office and have managed to stay there.

Old 06-11-2022, 05:44 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
I bet those wealthy liberals in Ca. driving their Teslas who vote Democrat don't care about you guys complaining about $10 a gallon gas! Oh wait, I thought the Democrats were for the middle class says the low information voter, I got stimulus checks (but you didn't get to keep the money too long with higher prices on everything, did you?)

Old 06-11-2022, 05:47 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,740,038 times
I live in a large downtown high-rise with a lot of Tesla owners. While they may not drive much, many tend to travel extensively on trips via airplane, so in the end their carbon footprint is probably higher than average. Not to mention many own a gas guzzler as a secondary vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies