Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 11:20 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,463,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The question you and many others want to ignore, as you continue to dismiss the significance of cancelling the pipeline as no big deal, is why? It’s a simple question. If cancelling the project is such a nothing burger, why was it one of the very first things this traitor did on day one?

This is why thinking people point to this action as significant, because it was apparently significant enough to make it to the top of the democrat priorities list for immediate action. That’s just common sense, and it’s plainly obvious.

Thinking shouldn’t be a hard as y’all seem to make it.
Environmental concerns, as well as eminent domain claims on behalf of/for the benefit of a foreign company, for starters.

I don't need to prove the cancellation of XL didn't increase prices. The folks making the claim need to show it did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 11:27 AM

15,132 posts, read 8,709,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Gas is not going away"

NOT anytime soon.

We do NOT have the infrastructure to go "all electric" yet.
Let’s stop this ‘go back to sleep’ call, OK?

All of this stuff is tied together, and there is no excuse for the prolific stupidity on public display, by the general public.

It’s not like these criminals only began talking about the “great reset” and “build back better” recently … they were talking about this long before they began deliberately destroying the country in broad daylight. Obviously, this is all part of a damned plan.

Back two years ago, when all of the major auto manufactures literally stopped new vehicle production almost completely, claiming a micro chip shortage as the reason, I said it was a total BS story then. Now, two years have passed and production is still largely halted, as only a tiny fraction of typical production levels are sparsely manufactured. And the zombie public don’t bat an eyelash. Absolutely brain dead, and notice no problem at all. We are at the stage of stupidity now where a lot of the mouth breathers would drown in a rainstorm as they haven’t the damned sense to close their mouths while staring up at the sky, forget walking and chewing gum at the same time .. that is now out of the question.

The plan isn’t to switch you morons over to green energy … the plan is to remove your access to all energy, ENTIRELY, in the step by step process of removing YOU ENTIRELY. How you people manage to dress yourselves in the morning must be explainable as repetitive reflex action requiring no conscious thought whatsoever.

It’s not like it used to be, when they kept these plans secret, and their efforts camouflaged. They are doing it openly, and telling you exactly what they are doing, AND STILL, THE IDIOTS DON’T GET IT?

I’m so freaking done with planet dumb dumb, and it’s zombie inhabitants who the planners of this genocide consider useless eaters, because they are right … we actually have become a population of useless eaters, too stupid to be allowed to continue consuming resources.

Old 06-16-2022, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Environmental concerns, as well as eminent domain claims on behalf of/for the benefit of a foreign company, for starters.

I don't need to prove the cancellation of XL didn't increase prices. The folks making the claim need to show it did.
We can’t show you anything, OK? You’re sitting in the front row of the show, and don’t even know there is a show.

There is an old saying … duct tape can’t be used to fix stupid … at best it can only muffle the sound of it.

Old 06-16-2022, 11:36 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ieifHPDGwOOxBk

...Oil companies have been slow to respond to the rebound after laying off workers and decommissioning rigs during the pandemic slump.
There have been two oil price crashes in the past eight years, and many executives believe that another one is inevitable. That has made them hesitant to drill new wells and seriously ramp up production, said Christopher Knittel, an energy economist at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The lack of investment has led to a decline in output in recent years.
Companies have instead been directing profits to shareholders in the form of dividends or as share buybacks

...“Even though they see high prices today, they're afraid that prices are gonna tank over the life of that well,” Mr. Knittel said of industry executives. “They also have this expectation that electric vehicles are going to continue to grow, which means that 10 years from now, that oil well may not be earning profits. And so all of that is creating a disincentive to drill.”...

Old 06-16-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
We can’t show you anything, OK? You’re sitting in the front row of the show, and don’t even know there is a show.

There is an old saying … duct tape can’t be used to fix stupid … at best it can only muffle the sound of it.

So, you admit you can't demonstrate that XL is a significant contributor to the high prices AND THEN resort to personal attacks calling me stupid.

Bye.

Last edited by hooligan; 06-16-2022 at 11:48 AM..

Old 06-16-2022, 11:48 AM

2,038 posts, read 897,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Is Biden going to offer a buyback program or pay off the millions of car loans when there is no more fuel to be had? I imagine many people will let the banks reposes soon as no one can afford to drive.
Take a deep breath. I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet. I'm old enough to remember Jimmy Carter days with gas rationing. We all made it through that.

Old 06-16-2022, 11:55 AM

45,351 posts, read 26,613,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
Take a deep breath. I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet. I'm old enough to remember Jimmy Carter days with gas rationing. We all made it through that.
I dont remember Jimmy Carter actively trying to abolish the gasoline powered vehicle or fossil fuels.

Quote:
Joe Biden: “We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 06-16-2022 at 12:07 PM..

Old 06-16-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I saw the cititations, professor. Doesn't make the paper any less terrible or more accurate.

Are you saying you believe the XL extension would have doubled the US' transport capacity?

"...The Keystone XL pipeline, a privately funded project, would double the current capacity of oil transported in the U.S. per day, provide the U.S. with a more stable source of crude oil, and significantly increase employment and capital within America...."
Since you possess the ability to operate a keyboard, and formulate coherent sentences, you do possess all that is necessary to understand other simple concepts, if you just expend the energy to try, such as the concept of “indirect effects”, which can have immediate consequences. This especially applies to commodity pricing which are greatly effected by futures markets.

To make this as simple as I can, let’s say hypothetically, that the Federal Reserve announced their plan to raise the prime rate to 10% on August 1. If they made this declaration tomorrow morning at 9 am, the stock market would completely collapse before lunch time. That’s an example of a plan that has future consequences manifesting in immediate consequences. That’s a dramatic example, just to illustrate the concept.

The same is true in the oil market, which is global, and fluctuates wildly sometimes based on nothing but speculation and political climate, without any direct or indirect action actually taken. Reverberations can be felt around the world from just an irresponsible comment from a political leader, or the rumor of an impending military conflict. This is a matter of known and understood financial realities, which do not require a PhD in economics to understand. 2 brain cells that can still shake hands is the only requirement.

So, with that understanding, any concrete action taken such as a cancellation of a program like Keystone should be expected to have immediate consequences, automatically. Show you proof? I shouldn’t have to prove there is a Sun in the sky, those rosy red cheeks you get from bathing on the beach should be evidence enough.

Now, nobody I’m aware of is blaming the doubling of gas prices solely on the keystone cancellation. People are rightfully pointing out that it is a factor, among others.

Old 06-16-2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
There are a few differences I think you may be overlooking here, old timer, because I am one too, and was there also. I remember the gas shortages also, and the long lines that could take an hour or more on that alternating day in which it was your turn to buy gas, based on your license plate number. But a lot of things have changed since then.

Back then, Ford, GM, Dodge and all the others were still churning out cars and trucks, unlike today, which has been virtually halted for 2 years now.

Back then we didn’t have lunatics in high places saying we were going to outlaw the combustion engine, and ban hydrocarbon fuels in favor of electricity, or talk about coal as if it were plutonium, even though we are already facing electric shortages which require periodic planned outages.

Back then we did not have officials warning of food shortages, while also witnessing dozens of food processing plants mysteriously burning down, or fertilizer shortages to grow food, or grain shortages due to military conflict in a country that should have no effect on us.

Back then we didn’t have a government that ordered the entire country to shut down completely over the flu, or require people to walk around like bandits with faces covered in cloth.

Back then, we didn’t have the entire population being mass injected with substances that have killed thousands, and injured hundreds of thousands.

And back then, you would have never even imagined a day in which freakazoid transgender pedophiles dressed up in satanic costumes would be invited to read stories to young children, or find parents stupid enough to willingly bring their young children to such organized and outrageously insane events.

So, a couple things have changed since then, right?

Old 06-16-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ieifHPDGwOOxBk

...Oil companies have been slow to respond to the rebound after laying off workers and decommissioning rigs during the pandemic slump.
There have been two oil price crashes in the past eight years, and many executives believe that another one is inevitable. That has made them hesitant to drill new wells and seriously ramp up production, said Christopher Knittel, an energy economist at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The lack of investment has led to a decline in output in recent years.
Companies have instead been directing profits to shareholders in the form of dividends or as share buybacks

...“Even though they see high prices today, they're afraid that prices are gonna tank over the life of that well,” Mr. Knittel said of industry executives. “They also have this expectation that electric vehicles are going to continue to grow, which means that 10 years from now, that oil well may not be earning profits. And so all of that is creating a disincentive to drill.”...
New York Times indeed …

Maybe the real story is …. the oil companies already know about a significant decline in demand that is coming, just like the auto industry has. Maybe the oil companies figure it’s a better deal to slash their overhead by 2/3, and double and triple the price and come out making more money with less costs?

Maybe people ought to educate themselves about how the real world actually works, then a lot of what’s going on here will make more sense? You won’t find that education by reading the NYT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies