Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 08:01 AM

15,235 posts, read 8,752,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I am very familiar with all phases of the oil business. I've been working in oil related companies and oil companies for over 40 years. My family has been working in oil since about 1917. There is nothing you can tell me about the business I don't already know.

What makes you think that the oil sands crude that would have been shipped in Keystone XL won't find another market? Or will just be extracted later?
If there is nothing I can tell you that you already don’t know, why ask me any questions?

Maybe the Natural Resources Defense Council, the “non-profit” environmental consortium who have been fighting to kill Keystone for years has the answer:

“So what if there’s no pipeline? Big Oil will find a way.”
One of the central arguments made by pipeline pushers was that tar sands expansion will move forward with or without Keystone XL. This has proved to be untrue. Dealing in tar sands oil is an expensive endeavor. It’s costly both to produce and to ship, particularly by rail, which would be an alternative to Keystone XL. Indeed, moving crude by rail to the Gulf costs substantially more than moving it by pipe. For companies considering whether to invest in a long-lived tar sands project (which could last for 50 years), access to cheap pipeline capacity plays a major role in the decision to move forward or not. Without Keystone XL, the tar sands industry has been forced to cancel projects rather than shift to rail, subsequently leaving more of the earth’s dirtiest fuel in the ground where it belongs.

https://www.nrdc.org/stories/what-ke...peline#exports

While this group has a mile long list of potential harms, their primary motive is very clear:

Finally, massive fossil fuel infrastructure investments like KXL undermine efforts to minimize global warming and prioritize clean energy like wind and solar. Leading climate scientist and former NASA researcher James Hansen has warned that fully exploiting Canada’s tar sands reserves by moving forward with these projects would mean “game over” for our climate. In short, tar sands oil represents no small threat to our environment, and our best stance against it, as the rallying cry goes, is to “keep it in the ground.”

This is about the Global Warming fraud, with the ultimate goal of fulfilling the objectives of the Agenda 21 and 2030, which is running full steam ahead to reduce populations dramatically, along with the resettlement of the lower population groups into more manageable compact smart cities, by using Global Warming as the driving force to affect these changes.

Their vision of the future is a dystopian nightmare, often depicted in science fiction films. The words of this bizarre character, Klaus Schwab of the World Economic Forum, who even looks like some deranged villain from a James Bond film defines that future … “you will own nothing, and you will be happy”.

What people don’t seem to realize is that energy is the foundation of civilization. It all began when man discovered fire. And in an abstract sort of way, that is what these psychopaths are attempting to take away from modern society. The lack of energy resources is the primary reason why underdeveloped countries remain in primitive states of existence, and this is the objective these criminals have for the United States and much of Western Society.

This isn’t a conspiracy theory … it’s well documented in papers dating back to before you and I were born. We are now in the implementation phase of those plans that people have been warning about for the last several decades.

You literally have to have your eyes clinched shut not to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies