Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 05:09 PM

17,546 posts, read 9,351,864 times

Advertisements

Well — Layoffs and Higher Unemployment are surely coming , and soon.
The only real question here is WHO/WHAT will TeamBiden Blame for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 05:10 PM

43,618 posts, read 18,687,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
His latest...the Republicans in Congress for not passing his spending bill which would have saved Americans.

Old 06-15-2022, 05:14 PM

4,552 posts, read 4,088,347 times
Good thing they engineered the stock crash ahead of time so all those 80 million Biden* voters will have to sell at the dip.

*Pedophile

Old 06-15-2022, 05:16 PM

57,404 posts, read 26,417,825 times
Quote:
You don't credit him for the low unemployment rate of 3.6% but you are ready to blame him for layoffs, makes sense.

I guess the president is somehow responsible for layoffs in the tech industry, maybe you can explain.

Besides this is a prediction, let's see how this turns out.

Old 06-15-2022, 05:19 PM

43,618 posts, read 18,687,146 times
Corporate profits are -2.3% for 1Q22. They were 0.7% for 4Q21

Next release is June 29.

https://www.bea.gov/data/income-savi...porate-profits

Old 06-15-2022, 05:46 PM

4,966 posts, read 2,264,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
SDET. Basically I wrote automated software that tests software. Ive taken a break as my 5 year cancer odds are not what I would prefer. And because the chemotherapy made it harder for me to process the large amounts of data I needed to be able to do to do my job. Seems to be improving slowly.

I'm probably going to play around in VR for a bit, especially if my survival odds were to improve, but who knows.
There is definitely demand in that field. I have a 78-year-old coworker that is mainframe. They won't let him retire.

I sincerely hope that you are around for decades to annoy the **** out of me with your politics.

Old 06-15-2022, 06:37 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,780,687 times
Quote:
I know who/what they will NOT blame.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:17 AM

18,537 posts, read 9,232,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Here is another show to drop. The initial burst of what will be an eventual tsunami.

From Great Resignation to Forced Resignation: Tech companies are shifting to layoffs

"Thousands of layoffs in the tech sector, compounded by hiring freezes and a slowdown in hiring, highlight the abrupt shift in fortunes over the past several months as a result of rampant inflation, fear of stagflation and recession, supply-chain interruptions, the war in Ukraine, an ailing stock market and other red-alert economic factors."

All of the tech companies hitting the brakes on hiring

"Over the last few months, a number of technology companies and venture capital–backed firms have announced plans to either freeze hiring, rescind accepted offers, or lay off employees."
The unemployment rate has been skyrocketing ever since Joe Biden took office. Right now there are 100 million people out on the street, desperate to find work. At the same time, inflation is 42% because of high labor costs and labor shortages. It’s all true.

It’s all Joe Biden’s fault.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:20 AM

15,953 posts, read 12,362,988 times
We need a forced recession. I don't really care if people find that opinion unpopular. Belling did bring up a good point yesterday though... the current Fed chairman was appointed by Trump. If democrats really wanted to play the blame game they could have blamed Trump for appointing an inept Fed Chairman, except that Biden gave Jerome another term under his watch.

The fact that they never criticize Fed policy or mention QE much at all within the media shows who's running the show. It's supposed to be the job of central bankers to keep government overspending in check, not enable it by doubling the balance sheet in a single year.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/monet...centtrends.htm

You can see what happens when they try to do any QT... they are unable to continue for long. I can't wait to see what happens here and I hope they actually try to unwind multiple trillions of dollars of these bonds. You can see in late 2019, before covid started, they were forced to stop QT. Covid came along at the perfect time for them.. .gave them an excuse to pump like never before.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:20 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,284,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The unemployment rate has been skyrocketing ever since Joe Biden took office. Right now there are 100 million people out on the street, desperate to find work. At the same time, inflation is 42% because of high labor costs and labor shortages. It’s all true.

It’s all Joe Biden’s fault.

You just can’t stand the bad news for your dud of a president so now you are sarcastically bitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies