Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 07:05 AM

364 posts, read 147,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
We need to get rid of illegal alien sanctuary cities and jurisdictions in the United States.

No more non-English speaking immigrants in Home Depot parking lots.
We need to get rid of them, period ! Doesn't matter where they come from or what race they are. They should not be here exhausting resources and being taken care of by the American taxpayers.

Weird how they're supposed to be an asset to country and such hard workers but can't build up their own homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 07:06 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,739,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
there nothing you can do, the people that are in charge of fighting the corrupt, the police, A,G, judges, adminstration, are corrup too.

it like asking congress to pass a law on term limits. the ones in charge are the corrupt
But this is why we have the 2A though.

Citizens could exercise the 2A anytime they liked, it wouldnt take much to frighten our leaders into ending the corruption, but the threat of physical harm/violence is the only thing that will effect this kind of change, simply voting for the other party will not accomplish squat.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Ah you were interested in posting to a forum where only like minded people wallowing in oppression and bitterness can share their anguish. My fault, carry one.

As usual folks like you greatly overestimate how prevalent your opinion is among your fellow citizens.
No, I don't overestimate. I am very aware that the country has a ridiculous amount of imbeciles who let everyone else think for them, especially the liberal media.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
But this is why we have the 2A though.

Citizens could exercise the 2A anytime they liked, it wouldnt take much to frighten our leaders into ending the corruption, but the threat of physical harm/violence is the only thing that will effect this kind of change, simply voting for the other party will not accomplish squat.
Totally agree ! Some people forget that these so called leaders work for them and are paid with THEIR hard earned tax dollars.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I was pretty clear which points I disagreed with from the original post.

No claim was made by me that conditions in the USA are perfect or idealistic, and I believe that. What you're doing is building a straw-man to attack, but if you're interested in discussing what I actually did say instead of the intellectually shallow path of arguing against what you invented for me.

They sneak past borders that aren't open, as they have been for decades through various administrations.

If there are speed limits, how are these cars passing me if I drive 65 in a 65 zone?
Why are CBP officers arresting people trying to sneak across a border if it's open?

So are they being turned away at the borders or being bussed and/or flown deeper into the country ? You gain absolutely nothing kissing up to people who wouldn't spit on you if you were in fire.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:25 AM

12,723 posts, read 7,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone777 View Post
No, I don't overestimate. I am very aware that the country has a ridiculous amount of imbeciles who let everyone else think for them, especially the liberal media.
Ahh so the people who agree with you must be smart, and those that don't must be dumb. You sound like a profoundly deep thinker.

Quote:
So are they being turned away at the borders or being bussed and/or flown deeper into the country ? You gain absolutely nothing kissing up to people who wouldn't spit on you if you were in fire.
Good question. The CBP will do as they always have: processes them to determine whether they have a credible asylum case or have other reasons to be allowed to be in the country, otherwise they are deported back to their home countries. They have actually continued to take advantage of Title 42, according to CBP data over the course of 2021, Border Patrol agents carried out 1,111,609 expulsions under Title 42.

Yes, this would be the same border that people in this thread are claiming is open. It would be amusing to see a conversion between some in this thread saying the borders are open and someone from Honduras who was caught in the desert, arrested, processed, and deported.

Old 06-16-2022, 08:32 AM

14,267 posts, read 7,023,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
We need to get rid of illegal alien sanctuary cities and jurisdictions in the United States.

No more non-English speaking immigrants in Home Depot parking lots
Then maybe you should lobby Home Depot to take down their Spanish language signs so they don't attract so many Spanish speakers.

Old 06-16-2022, 08:46 AM

12,309 posts, read 9,793,064 times
Quote:
Or will the majority continue to sit around and do nothing while:
The borders are left open causing a demographic and culture change and other problems.
The quality of life goes down
Criminals get away with terrorizing citizens and ruining the country
Divisiveness is pushed on everyone
Citizens are punished for being responsible and hard workers etc.

How much longer will people put up with this nonsense ? This has got to stop. It seems that everyone is putting all of their faith into politicians who couldn't care less about them instead of taking matters into their own hands.
This is excellent....and my gut reaction is to scratch my head, puzzled that I've never seen a post from you before.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
This is excellent....and my gut reaction is to scratch my head, puzzled that I've never seen a post from you before.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not...

Old 06-16-2022, 09:35 AM

102,432 posts, read 108,796,691 times
Quote:
Or will the majority continue to sit around and do nothing while:
The borders are left open causing a demographic and culture change and other problems.
The quality of life goes down
Criminals get away with terrorizing citizens and ruining the country
Divisiveness is pushed on everyone
Citizens are punished for being responsible and hard workers etc.

How much longer will people put up with this nonsense ? This has got to stop. It seems that everyone is putting all of their faith into politicians who couldn't care less about them instead of taking matters into their own hands.
Nobody's pushing divisiveness on me or on anyone I know.

Lately it's been teenagers who have been terrorizing citizens. The people ruining the country are the ones robbing the federal budget to repeatedly give tax breaks to people who don't need them.
\
For some, QOL goes down, for others, it goes up. Restoring opportunities for upward mobility via affordable higher education would do a lot to raise the QOL averages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies