Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 06:38 AM

45,254 posts, read 26,506,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
CBP already has over 1,700,000 enforcement actions YTD, clearly the borders are not open.

If the borders are open you could walk right past the CBP control points unmolested, or fly into an intl airport in USA without a visa or ESTA and just waltz past the immigration checkpoints.
Well like most things in left wing fantasy land definitions are subjective and at all times subject to change as their arguments are slowly lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 06:41 AM

4,565 posts, read 2,288,203 times
Quote:
The borders are not open.
Quality of life is subjective, not everyone thinks theirs is going down.
Criminals still get sentenced for crimes.
Divisiveness does seem to be worse in modern times.
I don't know what you mean about citizens being punished.

To be honest this seems like a bizarre rant of questionable assertions, and I don't know what you mean by taking matters into their own hands.

The borders are indeed open. Millions have and are crossing uninhibited. Just because you say it ain’t so doesn’t make it not so.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:42 AM

30,094 posts, read 18,707,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone777 View Post
Or will the majority continue to sit around and do nothing while:
The borders are left open causing a demographic and culture change and other problems.
The quality of life goes down
Criminals get away with terrorizing citizens and ruining the country
Divisiveness is pushed on everyone
Citizens are punished for being responsible and hard workers etc.

How much longer will people put up with this nonsense ? This has got to stop. It seems that everyone is putting all of their faith into politicians who couldn't care less about them instead of taking matters into their own hands.
It will take a convention of the states to amend the Constitution and get rid of the criminals with term limits, elimination of lobbyists, and severe penalties for corruption.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:46 AM

1,897 posts, read 858,361 times
there nothing you can do, the people that are in charge of fighting the corrupt, the police, A,G, judges, adminstration, are corrup too.

it like asking congress to pass a law on term limits. the ones in charge are the corrupt

Old 06-16-2022, 06:49 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,597,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well like most things in left wing fantasy land definitions are subjective and at all times subject to change as their arguments are slowly lost.
An enforcement action means someone is enforcing a rule, in this care regarding the border. I'd say the ones playing fast and loose with definitions are the ones saying a border is open when they are thousands of CPB officers working 24/7 trying to prevent illegal immigrants from entering and in the process shattering the records for enforcement actions.

How about you go try to run past a CPB checkpoint with no documents then report back to the forum whether the borders are open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
The borders are indeed open. Millions have and are crossing uninhibited. Just because you say it ain’t so doesn’t make it not so.
Millions have been inhibited, so they aren't open. By your logic since the majority of people who speed don't get caught therefore there are no speed limits.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:50 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,262,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
All the way from France
There are a lot of Americans who vote living in France. Your point...?

Old 06-16-2022, 06:57 AM

27,645 posts, read 28,745,041 times
We need to get rid of illegal alien sanctuary cities and jurisdictions in the United States.

No more non-English speaking immigrants in Home Depot parking lots.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:59 AM

25,884 posts, read 18,912,808 times
Quote:
The borders are not open.
Quality of life is subjective, not everyone thinks theirs is going down.
Criminals still get sentenced for crimes.
Divisiveness does seem to be worse in modern times.
I don't know what you mean about citizens being punished.

To be honest this seems like a bizarre rant of questionable assertions, and I don't know what you mean by taking matters into their own hands.
Welcome to our planet. Your parallel Utopian universe must be a real peach.

You'll find things quite different here. We have a nimrod for president, a full-on kakistocracy, and nearly half our populace is clinically insane.

Old 06-16-2022, 07:01 AM

363 posts, read 144,419 times
Quote:
CBP already has over 1,700,000 enforcement actions YTD, clearly the borders are not open.

If the borders are open you could walk right past the CBP control points unmolested, or fly into an intl airport in USA without a visa or ESTA and just waltz past the immigration checkpoints.
If the borders aren't open, where are all the illegals coming from ?

Last edited by Lovelyone777; 06-16-2022 at 07:11 AM..

Old 06-16-2022, 07:04 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,597,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Welcome to our planet. Your parallel Utopian universe must be a real peach.
I was pretty clear which points I disagreed with from the original post.

No claim was made by me that conditions in the USA are perfect or idealistic, and I believe that. What you're doing is building a straw-man to attack, but if you're interested in discussing what I actually did say instead of the intellectually shallow path of arguing against what you invented for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone777 View Post
If the borders aren't open, where all the illegals coming from ?
They sneak past borders that aren't open, as they have been for decades through various administrations.

If there are speed limits, how are these cars passing me if I drive 65 in a 65 zone?
Why are CBP officers arresting people trying to sneak across a border if it's open?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies