Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 07:50 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,637,187 times

Advertisements

Seems to me, its the border patrol that is the problem here!

Do they not take an oath to defend the nations borders, from all possible 'invasion'?

They DO NOT take an oath to obey/comply with the govt, that is something else entirely!

So, if the border patrol are just obeying with their superiors orders...they are failing to live up to their oath.

The oath is pointless today though...they will obey/comply with WHATEVER their superiors tell them to do, (so why even bother taking an oath to defend the nations borders?) LOL, why not just take an oath to OBEY/COMPLY?

The two are not mutually exclusive either...if their superiors are part of the problem...then sorry to say, their oaths to defend the nations borders is the priority, even if that means refusing to comply with their bosses.

This is sort of what patriotism is after all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 07:54 AM

13,650 posts, read 4,958,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone777 View Post
Or will the majority continue to sit around and do nothing while:
The borders are left open causing a demographic and culture change and other problems.
The quality of life goes down
Criminals get away with terrorizing citizens and ruining the country
Divisiveness is pushed on everyone
Citizens are punished for being responsible and hard workers etc.

How much longer will people put up with this nonsense ? This has got to stop. It seems that everyone is putting all of their faith into politicians who couldn't care less about them instead of taking matters into their own hands.
What scares me is your comment "taking matters into their own hands". What are you planning to do; grab a gun and go enforce the border yourself? Become a vigilante and fight crime personally?

Old 06-17-2022, 08:01 AM

13,650 posts, read 4,958,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Seems to me, its the border patrol that is the problem here!

Do they not take an oath to defend the nations borders, from all possible 'invasion'?

They DO NOT take an oath to obey/comply with the govt, that is something else entirely!

So, if the border patrol are just obeying with their superiors orders...they are failing to live up to their oath.

The oath is pointless today though...they will obey/comply with WHATEVER their superiors tell them to do, (so why even bother taking an oath to defend the nations borders?) LOL, why not just take an oath to OBEY/COMPLY?

The two are not mutually exclusive either...if their superiors are part of the problem...then sorry to say, their oaths to defend the nations borders is the priority, even if that means refusing to comply with their bosses.

This is sort of what patriotism is after all!
I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.

It doesn't say they will defend the borders, it says they will defend the Constitution. Inasmuch as the Border Patrol is similar to the military, following orders is essential. A corporal doesn't decide whether his unit will defend a particular territory or retreat - that decision is for his superiors to make.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:02 AM

59,252 posts, read 27,425,430 times
Quote:
The borders are left open causing a demographic and culture change and other problems.

How much longer will people put up with this nonsense ? This has got to stop. It seems that everyone is putting all of their faith into politicians who couldn't care less about them instead of taking matters into their own hands.
"It seems that everyone is"

Sorry, greatly disagree!

"Or will the majority continue to sit around and do nothing while"

If by "the majority, do you mean dems?

Because the repubs certainly do NOT do what you said.

Much of the wall material the REPUBS boibght is still in a pile rusting away!

Old 06-17-2022, 09:01 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,315,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
The borders are not open.
Quality of life is subjective, not everyone thinks theirs is going down.
Criminals still get sentenced for crimes.
Divisiveness does seem to be worse in modern times.
I don't know what you mean about citizens being punished.

To be honest this seems like a bizarre rant of questionable assertions, and I don't know what you mean by taking matters into their own hands.
When more than 1.2MM are allowed in - more than provided green cards in a year - that aren't allowed in by law, what words would you use to describe the border?

Porous?
Welcoming?
Unsecure?

Old 06-17-2022, 09:27 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,595,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
When more than 1.2MM are allowed in - more than provided green cards in a year - that aren't allowed in by law, what words would you use to describe the border?

Porous?
Welcoming?
Unsecure?
Porous, yes.
Welcoming, no.
Unsecure, yes.

Open definitely not because that implies there are no rules prohibiting ingress. An open border would mean there are either no laws prohibiting or no enforcement of laws related to crossing US borders, which is false. USBP works tirelessly enforcing US border laws, arresting and deporting countless illegals attempting to enter the country. The border Thailand and Laos is very porous due to illegal trade, that doesn't mean Thailand has an open border. Sometimes small aircraft are warned for violating the restricted airspace around the White House and Capitol, that doesn't mean it's open airspace. My friends and I used to sneak into movies as kids, that doesn't mean the movie theater had a open admission.

An example of an open border would be the border between France and Switzerland, or Georgia and South Carolina.

Counter question = do you think an illegal immigrant who got arrested in the Arizona desert and deported back to their country would say USA has an open border?

Old 06-17-2022, 09:39 AM

24,027 posts, read 15,129,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Of course the borders are open.
Anybody knocking on the door telling they fear for the lives gets in, especially if half the family is already here.

The congress of the USA of America has to change that.

Since the Gang of 8 plan got shot down some years ago, IMO, the congress just gave us the middle finger.

Now any POTUS can do pretty much what they please unless stopped by a judge.

People who have strong opinions will have to compromise.

Many do not see giving a little to get a little as worthy of consideration. It's my way or the highway for them And that's how we ended up importing half the world.

Last edited by crone; 06-17-2022 at 10:29 AM..

Old 06-17-2022, 09:43 AM

8,946 posts, read 2,973,733 times
Quote:

November 2022 and 2024 will go a long way to determining how many people are still "sitting around."

Old 06-17-2022, 10:35 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,156,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
The borders are not open.
Quality of life is subjective, not everyone thinks theirs is going down.
Criminals still get sentenced for crimes.
Divisiveness does seem to be worse in modern times.
I don't know what you mean about citizens being punished.

To be honest this seems like a bizarre rant of questionable assertions, and I don't know what you mean by taking matters into their own hands.
^This, especially your point about quality of life.

Old 06-18-2022, 11:19 AM

363 posts, read 144,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
What scares me is your comment "taking matters into their own hands". What are you planning to do; grab a gun and go enforce the border yourself? Become a vigilante and fight crime personally?
This is not just about the borders. Please learn to read. Thank you !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies