Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 02:12 PM

50,347 posts, read 47,099,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Do they allow brass catchers or let you pick up your own brass?

Just curious, my dad was frugal and he would always pick up his range brass from pretty much anything bigger than .22 I would help re-load those and also loaded shotgun shells for him as a kid.
There are signs not to pick up your own brass but I do as I am a wildcatter. It would be hard for them to sell it anyway.

Ammo was so scarce after covid I don't see how any flipper could make money off it. Plus, I hate military ammo anyway as it's got crimped primers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 06:07 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,129,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I actually had intended on getting a 50 BMG "assault weapon" (you know, they look the part) for squirrel hunting and such (), but decided a 20mm would be a better round for that sort of thing.
Holy crap. Is ammo available for this?

.223 (AR-15 ammo), .338 Lapua, .50 BMG and 20mm

Attached Thumbnails
Biden aims to cut off 30% of AR ammo market-bulletsizes.jpg  

Old 06-17-2022, 06:16 AM

8,636 posts, read 9,146,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That was the exact same argument that the tobacco industry used. But our farmers will be out of work if we don't market the hell out of tobacco.
The horror, the horror. A quote from Apocalypse Now by Marlon Brando. Joe Biden, the president of the United States, who by the way uses his son as a bagman, is going to ban the sale of menthol cigarettes. Not that the citizens of the United States don't have other more pressing issues to contend with. Menthol cigarettes?.......Who the hell gives a damn! And many farmers did go out of business just like many manufacturers have over the years do to outsourcing to communist, bribe paying, countries like China, Joe's friends.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Ok.

Sounds like reasonable precautions for the public safety to me. Not terribly different than making it illegal to sell a crib that isn't up to today's safety standards.
What's your hobby? I want the government to make it substantially more expensive for you to enjoy, for no good reason other than I don't like it and don't think you should, either. So tell us - what do you do besides complain online and maybe work occasionally?

Old 06-17-2022, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Then there are people like me that reload and me nor my friends will ever have to buy again.
The 80% crowd used to have that same attitude.

Make no mistake - they'll come for reloaders, too. There are regulatory paths to ending that activity. You can only reuse brass so many times, and you can't make your own primers. The eventual goal is total disarmament, so of course they will.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:29 AM

8,636 posts, read 9,146,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The 80% crowd used to have that same attitude.

Make no mistake - they'll come for reloaders, too. There are regulatory paths to ending that activity. You can only reuse brass so many times, and you can't make your own primers. The eventual goal is total disarmament, so of course they will.
No doubt. These fascist are also eyeballing ghost guns. You know, even guns that are ghosts.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:30 AM

39,082 posts, read 51,266,875 times
The US is shipping M4s to Ukraine with the long range goal of getting them away from Soviet weaponry that they can't get parts and replacements for. That should provide the ammo plant with plenty of fresh contracts.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:48 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,686,783 times
Quote:
Holy crap. Is ammo available for this?

.223 (AR-15 ammo), .338 Lapua, .50 BMG and 20mm
20mm is a cannon and is a class 3 destructive device. We live in Mo and I know a guy who has one.

You can probably buy a few 20mm rounds at a gun show, but can't buy the cannon.

Bummer about the Federal- I have about 50-60,000 rounds of Federal .223. It was my favorite. There are, of course, many other brands.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:51 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,582,510 times
Quote:
He can't ban the guns and everyone knows it, so whoever's pulling his strings is taking a different tack. He's shutting down sales to the civilian market of overproduction at the Lake City, MO ammo plant. That's about 30% of the AR ammo sold in the U.S.

Biden Administration Moves to Cut Off Lake City .223/5.56 Ammo From the Commercial Market

Pardon me while I go order another 5k rounds before the prices skyrocket...

B-b-b-but Biden doesn't control the market.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:54 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,582,510 times
Quote:
Well, good. That's an easy way to control gun violence. Make it harder to get a truckload of ammo.

Or a pocket full for that matter.

It doesn't bother you when government works around the laws to accomplish something outside its power? You know that can work against you as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies