Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 11:39 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Did the Constitution mention self-contained ammo? I don't recall that clause.
Well, YES!

USSC decided that one a while back that guns without ammo are not arms and that is what the Constitution says.....right to bear arms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2022, 12:02 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That's what Obama did...couldn't control the guns so he cut off the ammo.

Told ya...Biden is Obama 2.0 on steroids.

Gee-wiz, what to do, what to do....

https://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision.../dp/B003DO5L3G

https://capitalcartridge.com/rifle-b...23-5-56-brass/

Old 06-18-2022, 12:49 PM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
You didn'0t answer my question. Self-contained ammo didn't come along for fifty years after the Constitution was written.
It was dumb question. I'm not playing your game.

Old 06-18-2022, 02:47 PM

958 posts, read 1,105,930 times
I have been around Fire arms Most all of my life. even been the the Range with Mom and Dad.
I am A retired contractor for NRC Security .
WOW I never heard of AR ammo. Have to get more.
Another stupid Post

Old 06-18-2022, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
I have been around Fire arms Most all of my life. even been the the Range with Mom and Dad.
I am A retired contractor for NRC Security .
WOW I never heard of AR ammo. Have to get more.
Another stupid Post

Well, that does make an interesting question of the situation in that was this plant making 5.56 or .223?

With those implications that those who understand know.

Old 06-18-2022, 04:21 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
He could order an air strike on the plant. Just throwing out some suggestions.

Old 06-19-2022, 05:26 AM

59,037 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Did the Constitution mention self-contained ammo? I don't recall that clause.
Did it mention ammo at ALL? I don't recall that clause.

Old 06-19-2022, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Did it mention ammo at ALL? I don't recall that clause.
It is there in the second amendment. The right to bear arms.....for guns without ammo are not arms. USSC said that already. It might be there down in the writing of Heller where they were saying that requiring guns to be unloaded did indeed constitute an infringement.

Various politicians have tried that argument before, "The Constitution never said anything about bullets!".....but if it were possible for them to pull that trick, don't you think they would have done it already?

Old 06-19-2022, 05:40 AM

Quote:
You didn'0t answer my question. Self-contained ammo didn't come along for fifty years after the Constitution was written.
I would NOT claim 50 YEARS.

"An early form of centerfire ammunition, without a percussion cap, was invented between 1808 and 1812 by Jean Samuel Pauly"

" The earliest known cartridges were made of paper in the late 1500s but were replaced by brass casings.

https://ammunitionstore.com/pages/ne...ern-cartridge/

Old 06-19-2022, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I answered your question. Article 5 and the 9th & 10th Amendments handle everything that were not and could not be accounted for when they wrote/ratified the Constitution.

Article 5 allows for amending and describes how.

9th Amendment says just because you don't see a right listed doesn't mean the people don't possess it or should be denied it.

10th Amendment says if it isn't an enumerated power specifically mentioned, then the federal government doesn't hold the power over it, the States and People do.

Thus, the 9th Amendment covers the property rights not specifically mentioned. Just because you don't see property rights mentioned doesn't mean the People don't have property rights.

Thus, the 10th Amendment covers the property rights not specifically enumerated as a power of the federal government. Since it isn't specifically enumerated, the States and the People retain power over it.

Thus, if you think the federal government should have enumerated power over self-contained ammo, you can amend the Constitution to give them that power, so says Article 5.

The Constitution completely and properly answers your question, as well as all questions on all "infinite number of present/future things Madison et al could not possibly list in a single document."
Only a total idiot would think that after approving the 2nd amendment, The RIGHT to keep and bear ARMS", does NOT include having the ammo to use those arms!

"That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, including the body of the people capable of bearing arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state."

How can you "defend" using a gun WITHOUT the ammo?

You would not last too long in a firefight without it!

People at that time owned canons and neither the gun NOR the AMMO were banned.

Private citizens owned WARSHIPS armed with MANY cannons and NONE banned.

Sometimes it feel like we are dealing with 3 year olds on here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies