Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 08:15 AM

2,877 posts, read 1,158,184 times

Advertisements

Nothing would surprise me anymore. 10,000 dead suddenly because of the heat? How did cows survive heat waves 100, 1,000 years ago?
So much for a good ribeye dinner in the future.
Poor cows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 08:17 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,089,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Nothing would surprise me anymore. 10,000 dead suddenly because of the heat? How did cows survive heat waves 100, 1,000 years ago?
Poor cows.
As many of us have posted, as the animal experts have stated, as the video I posted explained.....cattle can withstand extreme conditions most of the time. Usually, heat is built over time and cattle are able to adapt.

But the weather in that area was unusual. Went from 80 degrees to 103 at night and with humidity the change in weather (the rancher guy called it a heat burst) -- it was too much.

I know the thread is long but lots of links and comments explaining.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:19 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 27 days ago)

35,752 posts, read 18,101,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Poor cows.
Cows weren't kept in feedlots where they had no access to water or shade 1000 years ago, but yes, I bet some of them died of heat when there were heat bursts.

I think the number may be closer to 2000, out of a LOT of cows.

It's a little ironic, though, thinking "poor cows" when they weren't there for a stock show, or to be milked. They were there were slaughter. So there's that.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:21 AM

30,271 posts, read 11,901,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Think about that 103 at 10:30 at night.

I live in South Carolina. We get 100 degree heat in the summer. And of course humidity is a year round thing....not just a summer thing. I don't ever remember it being more than 80 during all of our heat waves at night.

103 at 10:30 - with no sun......after being in the 80's would feel like a wall of heat.
This is the story I read about a while back. Almost sounds like science fiction.

The KOPPERL HEAT BURST

It was a typical June night in Kopperl. Skies were mostly clear. Some heat lightning was visible on the horizon. One clump of clouds rolled toward the town after midnight. The temperature was about 70F. Suddenly, a tremendous wind arose. It gusted to over 75 mph over a wide area. A store was unroofed. Trees were knocked over. The temperature shot up with an incredible momentum. In just a few minutes, it rose to over 100F. There are reports that thermometers designed to register temperatures up to 140F actually broke as the alcohol expanded so rapidly with the dramatic heat.

People awakened when their air conditioners went out as power failed. Suddenly, their houses were sweltering saunas. They rushed outside, thinking their houses must be on fire. They found that the air outside was scorching. It was hard to breathe. Lightning flashed. They thought the world was coming to an end. Parents wrapped their terrified children in wet sheets to keep them cool.

The next morning, farmers found that their corn that had been green the day before was cooked on the stalk. Ranchers found their young cotton fields burned to a crisp. Leaves on trees, shrubs, and plants were burned as if there had been a freeze.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:21 AM

15,145 posts, read 8,677,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Oh, come now.

This is the first ever heat wave in Kansas.

Or is it that 10,000 cows all drop dead at once all the time?

Hold on, got to go get my MSM talking points - check back soon...
You’re wasting your time trying to get through to these zombies.

Food processing plants mysteriously burning down by the dozens … bird flu claims requiring millions of chickens to be destroyed, and 10,000 head of cattle dropping dead ….. all just a bunch of random coincidences to follow up with the laboratory engineered China Flu, and the safe and effective “vaccines” killing tens of thousands, and maiming hundreds of thousands …

Just a little spate of bad luck …

These idiots will wind up in the streets eating each other before long.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:23 AM

26,003 posts, read 18,984,305 times
This was obviously the result of a sub-ionic solar burst wave hitting the plasmic exoskeleton of the tropospheric rift, which was then amplified by the earth's mantle beneath the cattle.

Any further questions?

(and yes, it's as good an explanation as most of the science fiction BS I've read on this thread. Talking about Rube Goldberg land)

Old 06-17-2022, 08:29 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,089,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This was obviously the result of a sub-ionic solar burst wave hitting the plasmic exoskeleton of the tropospheric rift, which was then amplified by the earth's mantle beneath the cattle.

Any further questions?

(and yes, it's as good an explanation as most of the science fiction BS I've read on this thread. Talking about Rube Goldberg land)
That's how I feel about the internet troll generated idea that there was some kind of 'attack' on the cattle.

Any quote from a rancher who lost cattle yet?

I suspect they aren't Democrats and I suspect they would be very open if they suspected foul play.

So far the only people spouting wild conspiracy theories about 'them' going after food supply is coming from the intenrnet.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:36 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 27 days ago)

35,752 posts, read 18,101,092 times
Quote:
That's how I feel about the internet troll generated idea that there was some kind of 'attack' on the cattle.

I suspect they aren't Democrats and I suspect they would be very open if they suspected foul play.

So far the only people spouting wild conspiracy theories about 'them' going after food supply is coming from the intenrnet.
This probably is about how people felt in the 1930's. There were knowledgeable people who were saying the stock market crash doesn't have anything to do with following along the boll weevil infestation that wiped out the cotton crop, which didn't have anything to do with the devastating drought and dust storms in the midwest, so dusty that NYC was covered in dust from the midwest plains, and when rain finally came the crops were completely wiped out by locusts of biblical proportions. And respectable men lined up in their suits in bread lines.

It's not some grand conspiracy of some evil power trying to take us out. It's life.

Some people don't have the ability to look at things and realize they're not related, they're just a horrible spate of misfortunes clumping together, and there's no need to be paranoid. Chicken littles, it's gonna be ok.

But please God don't make this last a decade like in the 1930's, though. I think we've learned a lot about the economy, and farming, and pestilence, that we can weather this better.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:39 AM

3,656 posts, read 3,797,036 times
Quote:

Ranchers are talking about this. They're talking about the media's irresponsible reporting about it, too.

The msm gives a tiny, emotion- and fear-provoking statement, coupled with sad video. Ther msm doesn't give more info because those who run the msm don't think people have the capacity to attend to details.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:40 AM

30,271 posts, read 11,901,825 times
Quote:

This story seems to be pushed by a Tennessee political candidate. Not sure why he is getting involved in cattle ranching in Kansas. From the OP comments:

This was further corroborated by Tennesse congressional candidate Robby Starbuck, who claimed he spoke with multiple ranchers that insisted on the need for an investigation as they believe “there’s no way heat caused 10,000+ cattle to drop dead.”

I googled Robby Starbuck. Turns out he was booted off the ballot by the GOP. So he is not even a candidate. This is the guy they use to corroborate stories about something that happened in a state he does not even live in.

Tennessee Supreme Court: Robby Starbuck off the ballot again in GOP's 5th Congressional primary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies