Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 06:59 AM

19,118 posts, read 12,852,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Sick sick stuff. These kids will pay a terrible price for all the freakishness that's being pushed. And again, if kids can make these "decisions" at age six then they should get DLs at age six, vote, buy booze, buy pot, enter into contracts, get a job, do anything while they're barely out of the infant stage.

This is a battle of good vs. evil. Right now, it looks like evil is winning.
Evil has been winning, it's a dark storm coming over the entire western world as the neo-Marxist project begins to peak after 50 years of building up to this. Canada is finished, Scotland is Finished, ditto for Finland and Australia. The only hope is the United States, and like always we are going to save the world. Once the democrats lose power this year and 2024, they are never getting it back until the identity marxists are completely purged from positions of power in society
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 07:42 AM

18,566 posts, read 9,261,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
When I was growing up, "conversion therapy" came in the form of my dad's belt.
The best strategy to fix any complex problem: just hit it harder!

Old 06-17-2022, 08:31 AM

6,510 posts, read 2,811,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Conversion therapy is what is referred to in some circles as "pray away the gay". It has been banned in many states by bipartisan laws. If the right wing was not so triggered by the phony transgender crisis promoted by their click bait "news" organizations there would be broad support for ending this barbaric activity.
And what "circles" called the Florida bill that restricted discussion of sexual gender and orientation with K-3rd graders "Don't say gay"?

But if speaking out against the all-out assault on our children by the Government is considered getting "triggered", then I have no problem with being called that. It's a lot better than the left trying to convince people "Nothing to see here folks...move along".

Old 06-17-2022, 08:34 AM

26,415 posts, read 19,281,321 times
So he's banning psychiatric care.

Figures, since the old coot is, himself, bat**** crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
... Once the democrats lose power this year and 2024...
Have you spoken to dominion about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
... they are never getting it back until the identity marxists are completely purged from positions of power in society
You know, I've heard similar statements every election cycle for at least twenty years. And with the exception of the Trump years, it has gotten worse each time. I fear it is going to take a whole lot more than an election to purge the profound evil hanging over us. The question is, is there enough remaining testosterone in the world to affect this purge?

(note: archaic use of the word "affect." So, I'm a dinosaur, sue me)

Old 06-17-2022, 08:37 AM

6,842 posts, read 2,872,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
When I was growing up, "conversion therapy" came in the form of my dad's belt.

My Dad used a 2x4. Didn't work.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:40 AM

4,943 posts, read 4,283,573 times
We needed an executive order for this?

While the mental health of a child is important, I question the authority of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to dictate anything related to how a parent raises a child.

I also think that there are much bigger problems the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT needs to address besides this.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:42 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 25 days ago)

36,130 posts, read 18,424,220 times
OP, conversion therapy is actually the term used for the extremely harmful "therapy" to try to convince young people - mostly men - that they aren't actually gay and that homosexuality is a sin.

It's not been practiced by most therapists in years, because it's extremely harmful.

Last edited by ClaraC; 06-17-2022 at 09:13 AM..

Old 06-17-2022, 08:44 AM

26,659 posts, read 13,869,539 times
It’s weird that helping people accept the body they were born with is considered wrong but giving them experimental drugs and surgeries is considered right.

I don’t see anything at all wrong a man having long hair, wearing makeup, dresses, etc. or women shaving their heads and wearing traditional men’s clothes etc. but chemically and surgically altering bodies is a bad idea all around.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:45 AM

45,671 posts, read 24,174,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I had a coworker a couple years ago who was homeschooling his kids. His wife stayed at home, didn’t work, and taught them. He did this mainly because he stated schools were indoctrinating kids, but also due to safety.

At the time, I thought here we go, another nut job. I’m a right leaning guy, but sometimes people on the fringe seem strange to me.

But now, I must admit, he was/is 100% correct. I couldn’t see what he did, and I don’t understand how I could’ve missed something so obvious?

Basically, it’s up to individual parents to protect children, because the old model of enrolling them in public school just doesn’t work anymore.
As someone who was very active in schools at all levels -- your friend was concerned for nothing.

There is no indoctrination.

Your kid is as likely to get a conservative teacher who espouses conservative view to their First Grade class as they are a liberal teacher who espouses their liberal views.

And your kids, if you raise them right, have minimal common sense, will be able to learn and grow and become who they want to be taking that all in.

We lean left as a family, mainly on social issues but still left. Religion has been in our lives but we aren't big on it. It's a nice thing to have but not necessary for someone's moral character or upbringing. Our friends have been social conservatives who are fun, loving, and push their agenda a little on my kids but somehow my kids just didn't drink their Kool-Aid. They respected their Kool-Aid and think they should be able to have all their Kool-Aid -- as long as they don't make us have it.

THe only people worried about being indoctrinated are people trying to indoctrinate others.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:47 AM

26,659 posts, read 13,869,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
As someone who was very active in schools at all levels -- your friend was concerned for nothing.

There is no indoctrination.

Your kid is as likely to get a conservative teacher who espouses conservative view to their First Grade class as they are a liberal teacher who espouses their liberal views.

And your kids, if you raise them right, have minimal common sense, will be able to learn and grow and become who they want to be taking that all in.

We lean left as a family, mainly on social issues but still left. Religion has been in our lives but we aren't big on it. It's a nice thing to have but not necessary for someone's moral character or upbringing. Our friends have been social conservatives who are fun, loving, and push their agenda a little on my kids but somehow my kids just didn't drink their Kool-Aid. They respected their Kool-Aid and think they should be able to have all their Kool-Aid -- as long as they don't make us have it.

THe only people worried about being indoctrinated are people trying to indoctrinate others.
I have kids in school and there have been numerous instances of woke agenda being pushed on them. It really depends on the school and the teachers but to claim it’s not happening anywhere is just not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies