Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 09:16 AM

18,490 posts, read 8,314,397 times

Advertisements

Preventing so-called “conversion therapy” with a historic initiative to protect children from the harmful practice;

the same government that says these children are not old/mature enough to make decisions about....drinking, voting, smoking, driving a car, etc etc on and on

....and are not responsible enough that if they do something wrong....their parents can get sued

because that same government says their parents are responsible for them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 09:19 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Kids are being bombarded from both sides. They are too impressionable and these experts know that.
Many haven't even reached puberty when hormones kick in and then you really know which sex you are attracted to.
I've got some gay nephews and grand nephews and all their moms say they (the moms) knew their sons were that way from about 5 years on. Sexual orientation seems to be genetically determined well before birth and manifests itself early on if one is clued to the signs.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:36 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,833,669 times
Conversion therapy has been going on for years. There are even camps that do it. I've read many stories of gay people who were sent to them, and suffered the trauma of being exposed to such nonsense. Shame on these parents who are trying to deprogram their gay child instead of accepting who they are.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
When I was growing up, "conversion therapy" came in the form of my dad's belt.
Why is that? You think a dad can beat the gay out of their kid? Maybe this is is part of the reason why the country is in the shape it's in nowadays. Sad.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Except 2020 happened

And now we have every democrat politician and corporate media outlet telling us we are short on baby formula because of white supremacy and parents are bigots if they don't enthusiastically endorse their children to have mutilating medical interventions on their sexual development

So umm, they've completely blown their cover and weren't able to disarm the public in time and failed at their big ticket laws to control society

It's over, the gig is up. There may be a short civil war but they haven't gained enough to win and don't have enough support for the revolution to succeed
Where in the world have you read that we are short of baby formula because of white supremacy? Good Lord, where do you get your news?

Old 06-17-2022, 09:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Conversion therapy is what is referred to in some circles as "pray away the gay". It has been banned in many states by bipartisan laws. If the right wing was not so triggered by the phony transgender crisis promoted by their click bait "news" organizations there would be broad support for ending this barbaric activity.
Seems every generation seeks to shock preceding generations.

Trans is trending right now. And some parents seem willing to invest in helping their minor child to live as the gender they perceive. That one’s kid wants to be addressed by a name usually associated with the opposite bio gender and/ or dress as the opposite bio gender is superficial and cosmetic. And for many, this too shall pass.

In some social circles, parents, especially mothers, seem to relish being mom of trans. Guess it makes them feel special.

Bruce , now Caitlyn, Jenner, is the most known transgender and made the decision to fully transition at age 65.
Jenner is a life long Republican and bio father of 6 with 3 different wives. Jenner is at odds with the Trans movement when it comes to bio males participating in competitive bio female sports.

The relatively rare trans person who has reached middle age or beyond tend to be very clear- hormone treatment, surgery and attire does not change biology.

BTW, in 2012, Trump overturned the decision of the Miss Universe contest, to not allow an openly trans contestant from Canada who legally changed his name and gender for identification purposes. It is unknown if Trump supported the contestant’s choice or thought the publicity would be good for Miss Universe. Nonetheless, he alone made the decision to allow a trans woman to participate in Miss Universe.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
We already knew demented Biden is dangerous and there is no line he won't cross.

The radical fruitcakes on the left push this transgender crap on little kids that probably don't know any better. If they decide the dark side isn't for them, the dolt in the White House does his best to keep them from going back.

The U.S. has created a monster and a generation of misfits, and it's no wonder it is the laughingstock of the world.
Conversion therapy has been going on a long time. It's unconscionable that parents want to deprogram their gay kids. I see it as a form of child abuse.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:43 AM

6,149 posts, read 3,369,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
As someone who was very active in schools at all levels -- your friend was concerned for nothing.

There is no indoctrination.

Your kid is as likely to get a conservative teacher who espouses conservative view to their First Grade class as they are a liberal teacher who espouses their liberal views.

And your kids, if you raise them right, have minimal common sense, will be able to learn and grow and become who they want to be taking that all in.

We lean left as a family, mainly on social issues but still left. Religion has been in our lives but we aren't big on it. It's a nice thing to have but not necessary for someone's moral character or upbringing. Our friends have been social conservatives who are fun, loving, and push their agenda a little on my kids but somehow my kids just didn't drink their Kool-Aid. They respected their Kool-Aid and think they should be able to have all their Kool-Aid -- as long as they don't make us have it.

THe only people worried about being indoctrinated are people trying to indoctrinate others.
We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I’ve seen dozens upon dozens of examples of indoctrination reported in the news. By you stating that this isn’t the case, you are either out of touch or gaslighting everyone.

I do not have school age children, but if I did, this would be a huge concern to me, and I would be watching those teachers like hawks. I’m a normal guy, and I can distinguish between a left leaning teacher (nothing wrong with that) and a teacher who is a hard core progressive that is trying to “uproot the patriarchy” or whatever nonsense of the day that the hard left is trying to push.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:45 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,769,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I've got some gay nephews and grand nephews and all their moms say they (the moms) knew their sons were that way from about 5 years on. Sexual orientation seems to be genetically determined well before birth and manifests itself early on if one is clued to the signs.
Sexual orientation is not the same thing as gender identity which is what this about.

Being gay is who you are, being the opposite gender of who you are is a whole different thing. Many in the LGB community do not agree what is happening with the T community and resent being lumped together with them because it’s not the same thing.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:51 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Except 2020 happened

And now we have every democrat politician and corporate media outlet telling us we are short on baby formula because of white supremacy and parents are bigots if they don't enthusiastically endorse their children to have mutilating medical interventions on their sexual development

So umm, they've completely blown their cover and weren't able to disarm the public in time and failed at their big ticket laws to control society

It's over, the gig is up. There may be a short civil war but they haven't gained enough to win and don't have enough support for the revolution to succeed
Nothing like an overdose of contrived hyperbole to start the day, eh.

“ EVERY Democrat politician and corporate media outlet telling us we are short on baby formula because of white supremacy and parents are bigots if they don’t enthusiastically endorse their children to have mutilating medical interventions on their sexual developments”

People believe anything that seems to validate their perceptions.

BTW, the most famous Trans person and influencer is a life long Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies