Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 02:44 PM

27,741 posts, read 16,250,450 times

Advertisements

Confusion therapy is what we should be banning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 03:02 PM

26,074 posts, read 22,278,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It’s weird that helping people accept the body they were born with is considered wrong but giving them experimental drugs and surgeries is considered right.

I don’t see anything at all wrong a man having long hair, wearing makeup, dresses, etc. or women shaving their heads and wearing traditional men’s clothes etc. but chemically and surgically altering bodies is a bad idea all around.
"Conversion therapy" doesn't sound like helping someone accept the body they were born with. I can certainly understand therapy to work through the issue of not accepting the body they were born with, and where they need to go from that point.

So, you don't think people should get face lifts, nose jobs, bust enhancement, etc., those things that make the person feel better about themselves? They would probably also benefit from talking over their issue with a therapist also to make sure they were doing it for the right reasons.

I don't think children should be subjected to chemicals and surgery. That should be an adult decision.

Quote:
I have kids in school and there have been numerous instances of woke agenda being pushed on them. It really depends on the school and the teachers but to claim it’s not happening anywhere is just not true.
Define "woke". And, what have you done about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Kids are being bombarded from both sides. They are too impressionable and these experts know that.
Many haven't even reached puberty when hormones kick in and then you really know which sex you are attracted to.
I could see that with same sex, but not so much with transgendered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Meanwhile, churches across America have become convinced Biden is the antichrist.
Boy, won't the next election be a joy; think I'll move to Mexico.
Where all of this flamer stuff is kept at bay by Latin American culture.
I thought Obama was the antiChrist, and Biden just a blubbering old fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Except for the Pope. He won't say a word against Biden or Pelosi who are both "devout Catholics".
Catholics are that way, they just are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Conversion therapy has been going on for years. There are even camps that do it. I've read many stories of gay people who were sent to them, and suffered the trauma of being exposed to such nonsense. Shame on these parents who are trying to deprogram their gay child instead of accepting who they are.
Agree, except what if the child wants this? I do think therapy in general would be good, as suicides and depression are higher for such children. "Exploring" feelings would not hurt.

Quote:
Sexual orientation is not the same thing as gender identity which is what this about.

Being gay is who you are, being the opposite gender of who you are is a whole different thing. Many in the LGB community do not agree what is happening with the T community and resent being lumped together with them because it’s not the same thing.
Disagree. Both are very much about "who you are". While not the same thing, both are subject to the same presecution.

Quote:
That famous trans person doesn’t support a lot of what is happening with the trans community these days.
I don't think it is the "trans community" as much as the "radical trans" that are in people's faces. Same with gays and blacks, the "radicals" are causing issues for everyone in their so-called "groups".

All heterosexuals do not agree on what is sexually appropriate or moral either. You have some real diversity there also that I would want to separate myself from, as would others. All heterosexuals do not..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Many mature Trans people don’t.
Probably just like many mature heterosexual, I think CIS, don't support all the things that younger CIS do as far as a whole lot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The term would be de-programming.

The left is determined to keep people, especially children, from getting the mental health treatment the so desperately need. Instead they want to "assist" them in permanently sexually mutilating their bodies. Read the stories from those that have been butchered and realized too late that they ruined their lives. It is incredibly sad.
I tend to think that before they mutilate their bodies, they will be in therapy. All the ones I have seen that had regret did this as adults, not children. Also, a lot of women regret having an abortion, but no one is having them go through therapy to try to change their minds about that.

"My body, my choice." sometimes has consequences. It should be an adult decision to chemically or surgically alter one's body, and that includes nose jobs, bust enlargement, etc.

Old 06-22-2022, 04:19 PM

18,567 posts, read 7,424,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
There is no credible evidence that self-affirmation helps kids and even less that hormone blockers yield anything good. Evidence is beginning to emerge that sex conversion therapy and surgery is causing kid suicides to increase.

No country in the world, even enlightened European countries, is hewing so tight to the travestite line as the US.
Of course. Like all other evil, it originates here and is pushed to all corners of the empire.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:54 PM

11,095 posts, read 6,042,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Confusion therapy is what we should be banning.
Yes, exactly.

But conversion therapy was alive and well in New Zealand until not too long ago. I signed the petition to ban it. I did read up on what it all entailed but I don't remember much about it other than it was quite cruel and resulted in a number of teen suicides. Not to be confused with confusion therapy.

Old 06-23-2022, 06:42 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,818,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
"Conversion therapy" doesn't sound like helping someone accept the body they were born with. I can certainly understand therapy to work through the issue of not accepting the body they were born with, and where they need to go from that point.
A definition in of what Biden is banning would be helpful.

Quote:
So, you don't think people should get face lifts, nose jobs, bust enhancement, etc., those things that make the person feel better about themselves? They would probably also benefit from talking over their issue with a therapist also to make sure they were doing it for the right reasons.
Trying to change one’s biological sex (impossible) with drugs that pose a danger to their long term health and surgery is different from a face lift.

Quote:
I don't think children should be subjected to chemicals and surgery. That should be an adult decision.
Well, thy are being subjected to drugs and surgery. I read an article the other day about a family in Canada who’s child was allowed to transition after one single meeting with a psychiatrist.

Quote:
Define "woke". And, what have you done about it?
I think we all know what woke means. A hyper focus on identity politics, gender identity, sexuality, race, etc. What I have done about it? I pulled my kid out of a school and homeschooled her for awhile and later put her in a different school that was not so focused on woke issues.

Quote:
Disagree. Both are very much about "who you are". While not the same thing, both are subject to the same presecution.
And I disagree with you. You cannot change your biological sex. It’s impossible.

Quote:
I don't think it is the "trans community" as much as the "radical trans" that are in people's faces. Same with gays and blacks, the "radicals" are causing issues for everyone in their so-called "groups".
Well, that small fringe radical group sure are powerful because they have managed to push trans women into women’s spaces pretty easily.

Quote:
I tend to think that before they mutilate their bodies, they will be in therapy. All the ones I have seen that had regret did this as adults, not children. Also, a lot of women regret having an abortion, but no one is having them go through therapy to try to change their minds about that.
You call it mutilation yet seem to be on board with it. The idea that they all get lengthy therapy prior to doing this is false.

Last edited by MissTerri; 06-23-2022 at 06:54 AM..

Old 06-23-2022, 08:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,691,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
OP, conversion therapy is actually the term used for the extremely harmful "therapy" to try to convince young people - mostly men - that they aren't actually gay and that homosexuality is a sin.

It's not been practiced by most therapists in years, because it's extremely harmful.
That is one method of conversion...what about the effort to make straight kids think they are gay or bisexual?

That is also a form of conversion, just in the opposite direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies