Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 02:01 PM

30,202 posts, read 18,779,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Guess all these years later, Dan Quayle has been proven that he was right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

As our country commemorates Father’s Day this weekend, it is important that we recognize the millions of children throughout our nation who are growing up without their fathers. Data from the United States Census Bureau shows that nearly 18.5 million children grow up without their fathers, which has in return led to the United States owning the title of the world’s leader in fatherlessness.

We know that fatherhood is essential to the development of our children and that the increased involvement of fathers in the home leads to better results on a wide variety of outcomes. From economic prosperity, increased academic performance, to improved social mobility; fathers in their respective homes continues to be a key indicator of success for all children across racial, ethnic, and socio-economic groups. That is why we have joined forces to introduce a resolution into the U.S. House of Representatives that promotes fatherhood and its proven benefit to society.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/america-crisis-fathers
............... but the democrats have convinced a whole cohort that no fathers, showing contempt for education, and condemning hard work is perfectly fine- "racism" is the reason for their lower standard of living!

Until racial and ethnic groups are HONEST with themselves and become accountable, they will always fall to the lowest rungs of society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2022, 02:02 PM

36,792 posts, read 31,078,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
2 Mares, if I knew you personally, I'd invite you over. I would take out all the paperwork from the court and lawyer from my case. I took her personally to court for me to pay child support and for visitation. Show you all, yes, I kept ALL receipts from paying child support. Plus the journal that my lawyer told me to start when the mother would break court order. Dated, times, copies of police records that I've made in response to her keeping them away from me, text messages saved when she used the kids against me to get MORE money, twice the actual amount for what I paid, etc.

So yes, I WILL blame her for the abuse that my children and I went through.

On a happy note, once they graduated and went to college, we developed a much more positive relationship with each other. Their words? They were scared of her if they did speak up on my behalf. Plus, they understood and did not put me as a deadbeat dad.
If you go back and read my posts I never said it never happens. I never said if you fight you will always win. It is not the reason there is a crisis of lack of fathers. The majority of men never ask for custody or fight for adherence to court orders.
I can tell you stories too. Grab a cup of coffee.
My ex DIL put my son and grands thru He ll. Did everything she could to keep us from the kids when her knickers were in a bunch, moved out of state twice with no notification. Sheriff wouldn't do anything, judge would do anything, child services wouldnt do anything. Wasted money on attorneys.
I pushed my son to fight, but he had no fight left and I could not do it for him.

The exDILs baby daddy (my grands half sister) fought. Hard. When she was about 2 he won custody. During this time the exDIL dropped the grands at my house to be with her now soul mate. I tried to get custody for years, talked to a few lawyers. Finally, at 17 I got legal custody of the youngest.
Yes kids know what is what and you can be a wonderful, loving, caring father and be kept from your kids by no fault of your own. It has been 8 years since the grands have seen their mother. They have a relationship with their father, not their mother.

I understand all that. That is why I say men need to be forming advocacy groups for fathers, courts need to uphold fathers rights and give weight to the significance of fathers to their children. That is just one part of it. First though more men need to actually want the responsibility before they can fight for it.

Old 06-21-2022, 02:43 PM

1,665 posts, read 984,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If you go back and read my posts I never said it never happens. I never said if you fight you will always win. It is not the reason there is a crisis of lack of fathers. The majority of men never ask for custody or fight for adherence to court orders.
I can tell you stories too. Grab a cup of coffee.
My ex DIL put my son and grands thru He ll. Did everything she could to keep us from the kids when her knickers were in a bunch, moved out of state twice with no notification. Sheriff wouldn't do anything, judge would do anything, child services wouldnt do anything. Wasted money on attorneys.
I pushed my son to fight, but he had no fight left and I could not do it for him.

The exDILs baby daddy (my grands half sister) fought. Hard. When she was about 2 he won custody. During this time the exDIL dropped the grands at my house to be with her now soul mate. I tried to get custody for years, talked to a few lawyers. Finally, at 17 I got legal custody of the youngest.
Yes kids know what is what and you can be a wonderful, loving, caring father and be kept from your kids by no fault of your own. It has been 8 years since the grands have seen their mother. They have a relationship with their father, not their mother.

I understand all that. That is why I say men need to be forming advocacy groups for fathers, courts need to uphold fathers rights and give weight to the significance of fathers to their children. That is just one part of it. First though more men need to actually want the responsibility before they can fight for it.
That is wow... I honestly can't see how people can be that cruel to children and their unsignificant other. The father..

I'm going to agree with you on advocacy groups. I actually thought about doing so while my current wife and I went through all that drama. It's very unsettling. They're mom used a vital part of info against me. I never knew my biological father. And I didn't want my children to go through that. I wanted to give them everything I didn't have. Well after we split, that was the ammunition she needed.

If ever there was to be a local group, I would be there. The responsibility aspect of the fathers really needs to be more. However, I'm speaking through personal experience and not answering for all fathers out there, but as a father, I dreaded to drag the children through the hurdles of court. We have a tendency to blurt out negative comments, especially when the ex starts to blah blah blah, and especially would not help us any in the court room. The justices and others would be like, ok, this father is getting all flustered, how is he in the real world, or be held in contempt of court.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
That is wow... I honestly can't see how people can be that cruel to children and their unsignificant other. The father..

I'm going to agree with you on advocacy groups. I actually thought about doing so while my current wife and I went through all that drama. It's very unsettling. They're mom used a vital part of info against me. I never knew my biological father. And I didn't want my children to go through that. I wanted to give them everything I didn't have. Well after we split, that was the ammunition she needed.

If ever there was to be a local group, I would be there. The responsibility aspect of the fathers really needs to be more. However, I'm speaking through personal experience and not answering for all fathers out there, but as a father, I dreaded to drag the children through the hurdles of court. We have a tendency to blurt out negative comments, especially when the ex starts to blah blah blah, and especially would not help us any in the court room. The justices and others would be like, ok, this father is getting all flustered, how is he in the real world, or be held in contempt of court.
I had to stop thinking about how people can be like that. It will drive you crazy. So much damage done and for what.

Family court is a circus. Those people dont really give a fig (or few of them do) about the kids so definitely no empathy for dad. That is why it is so important to be proactive and to stand your ground and fight. I'm sorry things were so bad for you and your kids but even though you got hammered at lest you, IMO, paved a portion of the way for other fathers and set a good example of what a parent does, or tries to do for their kids.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:15 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,099,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

The painter deserves to hang by his fingernails, be jailed and sentenced to eternal damnation. What then?
What??? What painter?

Old 06-22-2022, 07:10 PM

35,353 posts, read 17,265,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
What??? What painter?
If you read back a bit, a painter impregnated a 13 year old girl at an apartment he was painting. I doubt he played much of a part in the offspring's life.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:28 PM

78,788 posts, read 60,996,406 times
Meanwhile, while guns are all over the country....we blame them in the very few, teeny tiny areas where they produce the bulk of the US gun violence.

Despite those areas being rife with gang drug smuggling, we then blame the NRA and lack of *laws* that those groups will not follow as they import fentanyl, meth, coke etc.

Meanwhile, we institute Criminal Justice Reform to keep people out of prison, the gun violence rate explodes and? Well it's the NRAs fault and the fault of rural America!

Now let's just release the guy we caught with an illegal gun as a convicted felon and known gang member and hope they become an accountant in the next 2 years before trial without murdering anyone.

Oh well, if they murder anyone it will likely just be another young black guy also on release so we won't have to deal with it or protests if our police shoot them....so we'll again just blame guns and everybody else.

Hey, it's not like any community leaders will really call us out, we Have an army of folks on the payroll in the city and they know not to rock the boat or get fired and ostracized. Progress!

Old 06-22-2022, 10:08 PM

398 posts, read 208,671 times
Or Darrin White, a Canadian who hanged himself after being denied access because he could not pay child support that was twice his take-home pay. His 14-year-old daughter wrote a letter to the Canadian prime minister in which she pointed to "the frustration and hopelessness caused in dealing with Canada's family justice system" as the "biggest factor" in her father's death.

"I know my father was a good man and a good father. ... He obviously reached a point where he could see that justice was beyond his reach and for reasons that only God will know, decided that taking his life was the only way to end his suffering," Ashlee White wrote. Ashlee signed the letter "In Memory of My Loving Father."

Are family court systems deeply biased against fathers? I believe so. But discussing the matter is almost a taboo.

Read entire article https://www.foxnews.com/story/are-fa...n-male-suicide

Its called the war on fathers. https://www.google.com/search?q=war+on+fathers

Old 06-23-2022, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_too_sweet View Post
Or Darrin White, a Canadian who hanged himself after being denied access because he could not pay child support that was twice his take-home pay. His 14-year-old daughter wrote a letter to the Canadian prime minister in which she pointed to "the frustration and hopelessness caused in dealing with Canada's family justice system" as the "biggest factor" in her father's death.

"I know my father was a good man and a good father. ... He obviously reached a point where he could see that justice was beyond his reach and for reasons that only God will know, decided that taking his life was the only way to end his suffering," Ashlee White wrote. Ashlee signed the letter "In Memory of My Loving Father."

Are family court systems deeply biased against fathers? I believe so. But discussing the matter is almost a taboo.

Read entire article https://www.foxnews.com/story/are-fa...n-male-suicide

Its called the war on fathers. https://www.google.com/search?q=war+on+fathers
The article stated about White: His suicide may have been triggered by mental illness or by drug abuse.
IDK the laws in Canada, but in the US visitation/access to ones child has nothing to do with CS. You can not be denied access to your child by the court for non payment of CS. As well there is a cap on the amount/percentage of ones earnings that can be garnished from your pay, it can not exceed your take home pay.

I think your article is biased towards men.

Are family court systems deeply biased against fathers? I believe so. But discussing the matter is almost a taboo..........

...When did you last hear a discussion of whether a "father" should have any voice in abortion? Even raising the issue draws derisive and dismissive responses. Yet if men are forced to bear legal responsibility for children, then it is not absurd to ask whether they should have some prerogatives as well.

The writer is effectively stating men should not have any legal responsibility for their children. The supporting argument being potential father should have legal right to force/deny an abortion.

This is the prevalent attitude that is driving the lack of fathers to crisis point.
Another example of this attitude that stuck in my mind was watching a family feud. The question was :Name something you would do if your wife told you she was pregnant with triplets. The #4 answer was LEAVE HER. They laughed and laughed and high fived this answer.

Old 06-23-2022, 08:21 AM

78,788 posts, read 60,996,406 times
5 more mass shootings on juneteenth.

All the most common types, drivebys\nightclubs etc.

Those are kids not raised right, or not raised at all...but let's just blame guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies