Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 11:41 AM

36,972 posts, read 31,239,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That's too bad. If someone doesn't want to be a parent, then that decision should be made before they have a child. Once the child is born, it is too late. It is time to make sacrifices in life, because that is what parenting requires.

If it can be proven that it is an abusive relationship, then divorce can be allowed. But otherwise, the parents need to stay together for the sake of the children. No fault divorce has to be done away with. Life is not about "choices." Life is about sacrifices.
Too bad for the child. You can preach all you want about should of, could of, would of. You cant force a person to be a parent. There is already too much neglect, abuse, torture and murder of children by their parents going on.

there is a reason no fault divorce came about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2022, 11:43 AM

2,953 posts, read 1,002,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Buckle up, people, because the SCOTUS is about to overturn Roe, and that will do nothing but exacerbate the current crisis. It's certainly not going to make things any better.
Curse those leftists and the violence they will inject into our society. They so easily throw away the law when it doesn't suit them. It's their blindered certainty that they are in possession of a moral monopoly. If the law or elections don't go your way it's not a teaching moment or a driver for redoubling your efforts it's an assault upon you by forces of immorality which are justifiably opposed by any means including violence. People who think this way do not deserve to be Americans. They are part of a different and incompatible culture that should exist somewhere else or in some other time. Maybe France towards the end of the dark ages so that they can join the crusades to exterminate non-believers. Maybe the Levant in 2015 for an opportunity to jihad for the caliphate. F em.

Old 06-23-2022, 11:46 AM

15,953 posts, read 12,393,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
70% of black children are born out of wedlock.

That is a MASSIVE problem.
Why are they born out of wedlock? People aren't willing to embrace the fact that the lower on the socieoeconomic scale you go, or when an individual is stressed and put under pressure and their fight or flight system is activated, the more people rely on their genetically driven animal instincts for behavior, and those instincts include women wanting to breed with the dominant male to the exclusion of the weaker male. Thus they get turned on by men who all the women want, and these men are not loyal because they get so much attention from women. These men can't be "locked down" and we used to have societal and cultural constraints to keep our nature in check, but with those constraints gone, we behave more on our animal impulses than in the past.

It's amazing how many alcoholic men who are not around for their kids manage to get dozens of women to bed with them even where I live in red country. You can't negotiate attraction, but you can research and understand our nature. The problem with swallowing that pill is it often results in taking a dim view on the species. We have some evolving to do yet. In the meantime people experiment when they are young and mature as they age. Not all men want to raise some other man's kid or have the father always coming around, and that presents a problem. Ideally people would wait until their late 20's at earliest before they let themselves become pregnant and hopefully mature a bit and get those youthful hormones out of their system and figure out a partner that can balance those dominant traits that make women turned on but still stick around and be responsible. As dominant males become more scarce in a society where men are being emasculated, the ones that remain get ridiculous amounts of attention. Of course with social media the temptation to want to cheat is always there. It often seems like every woman these days has a half dozen men she texts every day, her "orbiters." There is simply a lot about human behavior people are naïve too, or don't want to see.

It's either we control our nature through cultural restraints, or we allow individuality and freedom of choice and this problem of "fathers" will continue and likely get worse over time. There really is no easy solution with the way our genetics are. Most people can find healthy, stable relationships but if even 20% cannot, that's still a lot of people. The numbers seem to be higher then that in many cases. Oh no, queue the incel post! No, it's just basic biology.

Last edited by sholomar; 06-23-2022 at 11:56 AM..

Old 06-23-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
There are a lot of mothers at fault also. Turning their kids over to Grandma to care for their kids isn't helping either. Neither is having more kids than you can care for yourself!
What has any of that got to do with absent fathers?
If mom abandons her kid(s) at their grandma where is dad?
That is exactly what happened to my grands. And when she did, Dad moved in with us to be there for his kids.

It takes both ovum and sperm to create a child.
There is that attitude again that kid are the sole responsibility of the mother.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Why are they born out of wedlock? People aren't willing to embrace the fact that the lower on the socieoeconomic scale you go, or when an individual is stressed and put under pressure and their fight or flight system is activated, the more people rely on their genetically driven animal instincts for behavior, and those instincts include women wanting to breed with the dominant male to the exclusion of the weaker male. Thus they get turned on by men who all the women want, and these men are not loyal because they get so much attention from women. These men can't be "locked down" and we used to have societal and cultural constraints to keep our nature in check, but with those constraints gone, we behave more on our animal impulses than in the past.

It's amazing how many alcoholic men who are not around for their kids manage to get dozens of women to bed with them even where I live in red country. You can't negotiate attraction, but you can research and understand our nature. The problem with swallowing that pill is it often results in taking a dim view on the species. We have some evolving to do yet. In the meantime people experiment when they are young and mature as they age. Not all men want to raise some other man's kid or have the father always coming around, and that presents a problem. Ideally people would wait until their late 20's before they let themselves become pregnant and hopefully figure out a partner that can balance those dominant traits that make women turned on but still stick around and be responsible. As dominant males become more scarce in a society where men are being emasculated, the ones that remain get ridiculous amounts of attention.

Do you actually believe that BS.

If women wanted to breed with that dominant alpha male they would all be after men with money and good jobs instead of unemployed alcoholics.

You hit the nail on the head with the relationship between out of wedlock births and socioeconomic scale though.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:16 PM

14,176 posts, read 8,294,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I don't either but have known plenty of men from absolute refusal from the start to be in months of negotiations where it was agreed on at first and suddenly say No to even one where we both were hot, bothered, and undressed in the hotel room when he says he left them out in the car......fortunately, I always carry my own supply.

Another thing is, if we put aside for the moment the human need for intimacy (it is very hard to go through life without it), one must remember that in many cases, the woman is dealing with someone who is bigger and stronger than she is, where if he doesn't get what he wants, he may turn violent or at least unpleasant. Her only choice in that situation, to get out okay, maybe to kill him......and that's a massive headache. Getting him off, deactivating him as it might be, maybe be the "more preferable" course of action.

America may have a lack of fathers....but it is also pretty well lacking in decent men.

But that doesn't hold true across racial lines. If it did we'd see roughly an equal number of women regardless of racial background raising children alone. However, this isn't the case.

Old 06-23-2022, 12:26 PM

14,176 posts, read 8,294,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
5 more mass shootings on juneteenth.

All the most common types, drivebys\nightclubs etc.

Those are kids not raised right, or not raised at all...but let's just blame guns.

If shootings were spread out equally among the various races I suspect something might be done. But they aren't and after decades of programs/money spent things have only gotten worse. Such problems can only be remedied within the family and the local communities.

There's not much I can do except stay away from the "hot spots."

Old 06-23-2022, 12:37 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,170,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What has any of that got to do with absent fathers?
If mom abandons her kid(s) at their grandma where is dad?
That is exactly what happened to my grands. And when she did, Dad moved in with us to be there for his kids.

It takes both ovum and sperm to create a child.
There is that attitude again that kid are the sole responsibility of the mother.

Sometimes Dad is dead. My father and grandmother were left in this exact situation. My g-grandmother raised my father because my grandmother went to work to support all three of them, and thank God she did.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Sometimes Dad is dead. My father and grandmother were left in this exact situation. My g-grandmother raised my father because my grandmother went to work to support all three of them, and thank God she did.
Yes back not so long ago, families supported one another and helped with the child rearing. Especially when mom died. Men could not work and care for their children so grandma essentially raised the kids. Womens wages, if they could find work, were often not enough to support kids so many women had to move in with family or relinquish her kids to family members.

I see too much relinquishing to grands today because both parents dropped out of the picture. But that is another topic.

Old 06-23-2022, 09:15 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,250,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
............... but the democrats have convinced a whole cohort that no fathers, showing contempt for education, and condemning hard work is perfectly fine- "racism" is the reason for their lower standard of living!

Until racial and ethnic groups are HONEST with themselves and become accountable, they will always fall to the lowest rungs of society.
Huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies