Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 08:58 AM

1,772 posts, read 775,220 times

Advertisements

DeSantis is getting more and more attention as he is presumed a potential Republican candidate for president. Because of that, I see more and more and hear more and more about him.

Here is an article that says that an expert says he is a dangerous fascist, because he doesn't have the antics that Trump has, but is a fascist like Trump.

I don't like some of his confrontations or abrasiveness, but I don't know if he is a true fascist. Certainly not in the mold of Germany 1930s.

Wealth wise, DeSantis seems....modest? Sure, he is younger, but he doesn't have a massive net worth.

DeSantis $319K

Trump 3 Billion
Obama 70 million
Pelosi 120 million
Biden 9 million
Kamala 5 million
Buttigieg 250K

DeSantis also had the dust up with 60 Minutes where they accused him of improper dealings with the vaccine roll out, but there wasn't good evidence for it.

I think there will be a lot of pressure for Trump to stand aside so DeSantis can get in for 2024.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 09:01 AM

4,904 posts, read 4,255,754 times
I wouldn't take the word of one very biased "expert".

Read some of the bills mentioned in the article and make up your own mind.

DeSantis would get my vote for President IF he chooses to run. For now, he claims to be focused on his current gubernatorial re-election. And he will get my vote for that.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:02 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,836,062 times
DeSantis is the best candidate and I hope he runs.

Of course he will be called all kind of inaccurate things like, “fascist” because he is a threat to the establishment.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:04 AM

4,339 posts, read 1,587,293 times
I think he's very thin-skinned and likely to have plenty of fallings out with the press, which probably plays well in the MAGA crowd. As a Floridian I have to say he's done a great job with the economy.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:06 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,989,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
DeSantis is getting more and more attention as he is presumed a potential Republican candidate for president. Because of that, I see more and more and hear more and more about him.

Here is an article that says that an expert says he is a dangerous fascist, because he doesn't have the antics that Trump has, but is a fascist like Trump.

I don't like some of his confrontations or abrasiveness, but I don't know if he is a true fascist. Certainly not in the mold of Germany 1930s.

Wealth wise, DeSantis seems....modest? Sure, he is younger, but he doesn't have a massive net worth.

DeSantis $319K

Trump 3 Billion
Obama 70 million
Pelosi 120 million
Biden 9 million
Kamala 5 million
Buttigieg 250K

DeSantis also had the dust up with 60 Minutes where they accused him of improper dealings with the vaccine roll out, but there wasn't good evidence for it.

I think there will be a lot of pressure for Trump to stand aside so DeSantis can get in for 2024.
Name me one serious Republican candidate that the left hasn't called a "fascist" in the last 70 years.

And what is the left's fascination with "experts?" How many times have "experts" been wrong in just the past 3 years. Yeeesh. Think for yourself.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:06 AM

27,786 posts, read 28,902,522 times
DeSantis is being called a fascist by the liberals even before he is able to run for President.

Looks like he has a good head start on Trump.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:11 AM

39,174 posts, read 51,475,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post

DeSantis $319K

Trump 3 Billion
Obama 70 million
Pelosi 120 million
Biden 9 million
Kamala 5 million
Buttigieg 250K

LOL. Trump is not going to just "stand aside". I fully expect the two of them to go at each other's throats very soon. Trump's ego is not going to let anyone take his seat away. Trump may not want to run, but if DeSantis shows any inclination to do so, Trump will be on him like a dog on a postman. Trump must "crown" him as his successor or its a no go for DeSantis.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:13 AM

6,242 posts, read 2,978,435 times
Every Republicans candidate for President, in the last twenty years, has either been called a racist or a fascist. Most of the media is biased towards the Democratic Party, so, therefore, any Republican automatically receives one or both of those labels.

I would challenge those who claim Governor DeSantis is a "fascist" to prove their claim. However, they, more than likely, cannot. It is rhetoric the left throws around because that is the only thing they have to attack him...

Here is the definition of 'fascism' from Merriam Webster: a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

Now, if anything, I have seen the Democratic Party act more like this than Governor DeSantis. It was the Democratic Party that tried to force vaccines on everyone. It is the Democratic Party that consistently puts someone's race over their qualifications. It is the Democratic Party that calls for the "redistribution of wealth"...

Old 06-17-2022, 09:17 AM

6,242 posts, read 2,978,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
I think he's very thin-skinned.
That is because he is a "tough guy" Italian!

(I am part-Italian. I am allowed to say this!)

Old 06-17-2022, 09:21 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,989,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
LOL. Trump is not going to just "stand aside". I fully expect the two of them to go at each other's throats very soon. Trump's ego is not going to let anyone take his seat away. Trump may not want to run, but if DeSantis shows any inclination to do so, Trump will be on him like a dog on a postman. Trump must "crown" him as his successor or its a no go for DeSantis.
You guys have such TDS that you misjudge even this.

You think republicans will do anything Trump wants, despite seeing some of his endorsed candidates lose.

Look at the poll just on this message board that shows Desantis leading by a wide margin on republicans preferred candidate for 2024.

It is VERY, VERY feasible that Desantis would beat Trump in the republican primary in 2024.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies