Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 08:08 AM

15,876 posts, read 21,472,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
What movie was that?

Disney's last movie I liked was Coco, too many of their films in the last few years have content I don't agree with for a children's film. The new Disney agenda is even worse.
Encanto is excellent, though maybe you disliked how sexually explicit it was, what with showing not one, not two, but three couples having (obviously, by their animation) biological children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 08:12 AM

27,633 posts, read 28,738,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
That the thing. No one is forcing you or others.

This begs the question, why do some care?
Why do some people care or even feel offended if others prefer not to watch certain content in movies and entertainment?

I think that is the relevant question here. It seems rather strange to me.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:22 AM

291 posts, read 160,188 times
Remember when Disney was focused around Mickey, Minnie, Donald, & Pluto?

And that was a cash cow. There are hundreds of thousands of babies every single day. Those are potential customers. My kids absolutely loved Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and all of the versions involving those characters. Families are yearning for wholesome content. Disney used to fill that void.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:40 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,634,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
How do you plan to force people to watch a movie they don’t want to watch because of its content?
How do you think public opinion was changed on Homosexuality or interracial?

It didnt happen overnight, they didnt force anyone to watch movies or TV shows that depicted them in positive ways...it was done very SLOWLY and Subtlety, and eventually over time, opinions change.

We can literally look back in recent history and watch opinions change on these things! I can name numerous popular movies, TV shows in the 70s that depicted homosexuality in negative ways...but you wont see that today!

This is how public opinion changes over time on these topics, its a slow and subtle process.

Ive brought this up before, that the same thing is being done with the kiddies now, I see it in many movies and TV shows, just like the past, its not bold and direct, it takes many many years to change public opinion, but I do think within 20 yrs, public opinion will have changed in regards to kids, we are seeing the first stages of it right now and naturally, people do not like it, and try to resist it...the same thing happened when they sought to change opinions on homosexuality and interracial, its the same exact thing!

Old 06-22-2022, 08:55 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,585,263 times
Quote:
Why do some people care or even feel offended if others prefer not to watch certain content in movies and entertainment?

I think that is the relevant question here. It seems rather strange to me.
I'm not offended.

Care? Only as much as people care about people who hold any prejudice. Trying to find out why.

Old 06-23-2022, 11:01 AM

11,592 posts, read 6,072,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Disney is going for the most obvious faux righteousness.

Wasnt going to see it anyway.

Just wait until Chewbacca starts making out with Jabba...
That is preferable to making out with Jar Jar Binks.

Old 06-23-2022, 11:05 AM

8,784 posts, read 5,083,464 times
"Strange World".....at least they got the title right.

Old 06-23-2022, 11:19 AM

11,592 posts, read 6,072,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
"Strange World".....at least they got the title right.
In 20 years it will be "Normal World". They are pushing for every deviancy to become normalized and accepted.

30 years from now, Disney will make a Science Fiction film called, "Moral World", but nobody in the audience will believe it because the idea of morally pure people will seem so far-fetched. "Nobody could ever be that good," they will say.

We are a looong way from the Boy Scout creed.

"On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."

Honor? Duty" God? Morally straight" Pffffttttmmmuuuahhh guffah. Not these woke days.

Old 06-24-2022, 01:17 AM

27,633 posts, read 28,738,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I'm not offended.

Care? Only as much as people care about people who hold any prejudice. Trying to find out why.
What people really want to say is that you have to watch degenerate stuff snuck in movies, whether you like it or not.

That is what you get reading between the lines.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:39 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,585,263 times
Quote:
What people really want to say is that you have to watch degenerate stuff snuck in movies, whether you like it or not.

That is what you get reading between the lines.
Poor you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies