Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 09:28 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times

Advertisements

Problem is, there are allegedly "infinite gender identities." Given that, if you initiate conversation with anyone, if you use ANY pronoun, word, letter, sentence, paragraph, whatever, you run the risk of misgendering someone and then being sent to the Green Table for a hate crime.

So, based on my post-Tail Hook methods back when I was in the submarine force...best bet, speak to nobody, look down while walking, if you see khaki, look up long enough to see if you need to salute, then look back down at the ground. Speak to nobody, be friends with nobody, socialize with nobody.

The hypersensitive, perpetually offended will FIND an offense if you so much as say hello. So don't. Speak ONLY when spoken to, use as few words as possible, and if possible, never ever speak to anyone you don't already know without at least one witness.

In my post-Navy corporate life, the rule is even easier - if I don't know you, I am never alone even in a hallway with you, I speak only about business, and only if you engage me first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2022, 09:30 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Problem is, there are allegedly "infinite gender identities." Given that, if you initiate conversation with anyone, if you use ANY pronoun, word, letter, sentence, paragraph, whatever, you run the risk of misgendering someone and then being sent to the Green Table for a hate crime.

So, based on my post-Tail Hook methods back when I was in the submarine force...best bet, speak to nobody, look down while walking, if you see khaki, look up long enough to see if you need to salute, then look back down at the ground. Speak to nobody, be friends with nobody, socialize with nobody.

The hypersensitive, perpetually offended will FIND an offense if you so much as say hello. So don't. Speak ONLY when spoken to, use as few words as possible, and if possible, never ever speak to anyone you don't already know without at least one witness.

In my post-Navy corporate life, the rule is even easier - if I don't know you, I am never alone even in a hallway with you, I speak only about business, and only if you engage me first.

Promote isolation.

Old 06-21-2022, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Promote isolation.
absolutely.

But the Navy has been doing that since I joined in 1988. After TailHook, simply making eye contact with an unfamiliar female (cis-female as identified at birth according to their authentic truth and lived experience) sailor, you ran a decent chance of standing tall before The Man for sexual harassment.

I learned way back then...isolation, speak only when spoken to, always have witnesses, and keep all conversation restricted to the minimum and only about the mission.

First rule of survival in the Hysterical States of America - treat everyone as lethal enemy who seeks your destruction until they prove otherwise.

None of these people are your friends, so you owe them no friendliness. They seek to be offended, and they need offensive scalps on their wall. Don't offer yours.

Old 06-21-2022, 09:47 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,714,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...nder-pronouns/

Glad to see the Navy is focused on the big issues!

It was bad enough when President Biden got thirteen service members killed because of his stupidity in Afghanistan, but we look so pathetically weak in the eyes of the enemy... This crap needs to stop!

From the article:

Quote:
The nearly four-minute Navy video emphasizes how members can create "a safe space" for their colleagues by using "inclusive language" that signals they are "allies" who "accept everybody." Service members must take these steps to ensure they do not "misgender someone." The Navy also warns staff against pressuring an individual to disclose his or her gender pronouns, saying that colleagues may still be in "the process of discovery" and not yet ready to provide this information
So this is what got me.

According to this, they are supposed to use the correct pronouns, but they can't ask what pronouns the person wants to be used, all of this while not "misgendering" someone.

Wouldn't the uniform they are wearing be more of an indication that you are an "Ally"?

Old 06-21-2022, 09:51 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
When do the military plan to move to rainbow military dress ?
They're ordering rainbow camo for immediate post-thunderstorm combat.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 06-21-2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Wouldn't the uniform they are wearing be more of an indication that you are an "Ally"?
Rank and name tag. Done.

But that only works for the military folks at your command. What about hysterical, easily offended snowflake civilians?

Back to Petty Officer Volobjectitarian's advice - never, ever speak to anyone you don't already know & trust unless spoken to first, only with/near witnesses, only about business, and only for as long as is required to accomplish mission.

If interaction with anyone you do not already know and trust does not help achieve The Mission, then interaction with them is a useless, unnecessary personal risk.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:17 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Using the military for a social experiment was a bad idea from the beginning. Wait until an officer has to give an order and the subordinate refuses that order because he didn't using inclusive language. The subordinate will then run off the Equal Opportunity Office to file a formal complaint about how their civil rights are being violated once they are disciplined for disobeying the direct order.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
So this is what got me.

According to this, they are supposed to use the correct pronouns, but they can't ask what pronouns the person wants to be used, all of this while not "misgendering" someone.

They seem to be promoting "the enemy among us" instead.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:24 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
I'd stop using pronouns. Everything would be ensign smith or private jones etc.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:34 AM

The US has some serious problems if we can get in legal trouble for using the wrong pronoun.

All that comes to mind when I read stories like this is:

Divided we fall.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies