Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 08:06 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times

Advertisements

They really need to get Jamie Farr to reprise his Klinger role for this. But instead of his wearing dresses to get a Section 8, have him do it to get promoted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 08:10 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
absolutely.

But the Navy has been doing that since I joined in 1988. After TailHook, simply making eye contact with an unfamiliar female (cis-female as identified at birth according to their authentic truth and lived experience) sailor, you ran a decent chance of standing tall before The Man for sexual harassment.

I learned way back then...isolation, speak only when spoken to, always have witnesses, and keep all conversation restricted to the minimum and only about the mission.

First rule of survival in the Hysterical States of America - treat everyone as lethal enemy who seeks your destruction until they prove otherwise.

None of these people are your friends, so you owe them no friendliness. They seek to be offended, and they need offensive scalps on their wall. Don't offer yours
Sadly, that seems to be the case.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:12 AM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Geeze..the last thing we need in our military is a bunch of woke snowflakes that get triggered over pronouns.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:14 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
We need to go the other way on all this BS. We are creating generation after generation of weak people that have to have things their way or else.
We need to adopt the Gunnery Sergeant Hartman method of teaching/training. Start toughening people up some.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:35 AM

60 posts, read 21,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I plan to do my part, on November 8, 2022 and November 5, 2024, with my vote to remove every Progressive Democrat from Federal office!

Ditto here.

Just under a year ago, I moved from the West Coast to a little rural podunk farming town in the Midwest and when I voted in our midterm a few weeks ago, I looked down at the voter roll where the poll worker wrote my information, and of the twenty-or-so names already on the sheet, all were "R's" with the exception of a few "N's".

We are doing our little hicktown best!

Old 06-22-2022, 08:36 AM

60 posts, read 21,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
We need to go the other way on all this BS. We are creating generation after generation of weak people that have to have things their way or else.
We need to adopt the Gunnery Sergeant Hartman method of teaching/training. Start toughening people up some.

Well said!

Old 06-22-2022, 03:46 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...nder-pronouns/

Glad to see the Navy is focused on the big issues!

It was bad enough when President Biden got thirteen service members killed because of his stupidity in Afghanistan, but we look so pathetically weak in the eyes of the enemy... This crap needs to stop!

From the article:
I'm sure the Chinese will be terrified!

When DeSantis is president, he is going to have to fire most o fthe senior officers in the military and all the Obama deepstate plants.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:06 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyGirl View Post
Ditto here.

Just under a year ago, I moved from the West Coast to a little rural podunk farming town in the Midwest and when I voted in our midterm a few weeks ago, I looked down at the voter roll where the poll worker wrote my information, and of the twenty-or-so names already on the sheet, all were "R's" with the exception of a few "N's".

We are doing our little hicktown best!
Keep it up. We need every R vote from every hicktown in America.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:22 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
"Are you my ally?" That's their thing now. A bizarrely twisted half threat, half cry for help from an aggressive victim culture. If your answer is 'No' then that's hate and Jane's Addiction or some such violent organization may visit your house. If your answer is equally unwisely 'Yes' then you have fully underwritten every tenet of their collectivist doctrine. Fall off of that line by one step and it's back to hate and a visit from Jane. This little question is emblematic of a weak generation's need to conform and be a part of a hive. There is only safety in numbers. There is only safety with allies. Life on one's own is too terrifying to contemplate.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:11 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
This bilge of "gender identity" has as much place there as a screen door on a submarine. The armed forces are just that. Armed forces. MEN and WOMEN who are trained and disciplined for combat I defense of the nation and its citizens. The enemy soldier with the AK 47 downrange could care less what pronouns you want to go by. I can only imagine the outright open contempt and complete lack of anything resembling respect our enemies have for our armed forces and for the US as a whole for allowing this sort of absolute idiocy and lunacy to happen. At the highest levels of leadership military and civilian.

In the military you know someone is your ally when they're wearing the same uniform under the same flag as you. That's enough. "Signaling" using keywords and calling ANYPLACE in the military a "safe space" is beyond asinine. To quote our great and most wokest leader "C'mon man!!"

And this is the leadership the Dems said was going to bring back respect for the US on the world stage. Alrighty then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies