Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should contraceptives be made illegal
Yes, the purpose of having sexual relations is to produce children 20 12.20%
No, there’s sexual relations for any other reason 144 87.80%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 08:47 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,166,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
More misinformation. Show me their attempt to ban or make it illegal.
If you want shivers down your spine, read Clarence Thomas' concurrence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 08:57 PM

1,933 posts, read 562,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If you want shivers down your spine, read Clarence Thomas' concurrence.
If you want any credibility, show me proof of your allegations against Hobby Lobby.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:19 AM

834 posts, read 531,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
There are people that do think like that. Some Catholics and Mormons, some Evangelicals.....
The Pope knows that condoms are necessary. So did the previous Pope. Us8ng Catholicism as an excuse doesn't hold up.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:13 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,983,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Yeah, I have heard that...but I just don't understand why. I've never been religious, so I don't see the logic in it.

Is sex supposed to be some dirty act if it isn't for the sole purpose of reproducing?
I remember hearing people say that back in the day. Sex was dirty until married. Then it was assumed married people did it but did not talk about sex.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:49 AM

5,797 posts, read 5,126,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Yes, or well it should be very limited.

Women I talk to... secretly... realize the folly of their ways with regard to unlimited sexual activity. They also realize they probably won't be able to convince young women of the need to curtail it.

Why should men buy the cow when the milk is free? And we start to see more and more women alone... birth rate... in the trash.

Why shouldn't men in relationships cheat when most women they meet are offering... and they do and either break up their marriage or the woman just has to deal with it.

The government reducing access would actually be a favor to women so the irresponsible might have to curtail their activities.
Wow.....limiting folks' decisions and options because it's for their own good!!!! Gilead here we come.

Old 07-01-2022, 07:09 AM

1,933 posts, read 562,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Wow.....limiting folks' decisions and options because it's for their own good!!!! Gilead here we come.
Not everyone wants to go through the 'thinking' process.

The Do not interfere with my right for selfish, self centered decisions mindset is always prevalent.
Most laws of the land are for "limiting folks' decisions and options because it's for their own good".

You may disagree all you want, but adultery is still grounds for divorce, fraudulent behavior is still a crime and punching someone in the face or pinching someone on the butt can still bring an assault charge.

Sorry to limit your activities but following laws could keep you from being fined or tossed in jail. That is for your own good, nothing new.

Now, there are good laws and bad laws, but they are still laws put in place to guide your decisions.

Old 07-03-2022, 04:26 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,664,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Not everyone wants to go through the 'thinking' process.

The Do not interfere with my right for selfish, self centered decisions mindset is always prevalent.
Most laws of the land are for "limiting folks' decisions and options because it's for their own good".

You may disagree all you want, but adultery is still grounds for divorce, fraudulent behavior is still a crime and punching someone in the face or pinching someone on the butt can still bring an assault charge.

Sorry to limit your activities but following laws could keep you from being fined or tossed in jail. That is for your own good, nothing new.

Now, there are good laws and bad laws, but they are still laws put in place to guide your decisions.
Most states are no-fault divorce states anymore. Yea, adultery probably break up a marriage, but kinda meaningless for the actual divorce. You dont have to prove your spouse broke one of the biblical commandments to get a divorce. Well unless the fundie justices reverse that too. Thing is all this judicial reversals just makes everything a political football. The other party gets a majority, guess what Roe is back with a vengence. LOL This Supreme Court back and forth based on political partisanship is a bad thing. They arent even pretending anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies