Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 07:52 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,950,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinglegend View Post
Don’t have a stroke from your crazy mental illness.

So, it takes one person to create life according to you, right?

Baby killers are such angry people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
What state is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
confusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinglegend View Post
And mental illness...
My my, gentlemen. Your attitudes are duly noted. As Gloria Steinem once observed, "If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament." Do you really think that your scintillating observations along with all the other other BS from the Republican party will be forgotten come midterms? Don't count on it.

And as for states, you can start with the state of Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2022, 07:55 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,432,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It may be a baby to some but it's not a baby to others. It's all a matter of opinion.
I think it depends a lot on imaging technology, which has gotten better. Now we can all see the cute little babies only weeks after conception. So I get that. But a reasonable line has to be drawn. And the moment of conception is NOT it. A fertilized egg is NOT a baby. It just IS NOT.

Old 06-25-2022, 08:00 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,950,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Ok, I guess I can understand getting rid of Roe v Wade and leaving it up to the states. But I CANNOT understand all those red states that are making abortion illegal, EVEN THE PILLS!!

Tell me WHY this is ok, if you think so. I agree with conservatives on a lot of things, but NOT THIS. I understand why abortion should be restricted, but NOT THE PILLS DAMMIT.

It won't affect my life because I'm too old to get pregnant. But it really makes me mad. It makes it so much harder to hate the Democrats, now that the Republicans are proving to be just as bad.

Men should not be allowed to say anything at all about abortion. Only women, whether they are for or against, should be allowed to make these laws.

I am not a feminist, and never was. But you know what, these abortion bans will just ignite a new and angrier feminist movement. And I am glad. Women have to fight this madness.

They are making the goddam PILLS illegal in some states. An abortion pill DOES NOT KILL A BABY. Just stop, it does not kill a baby.
I could not agree more, especially after reading the ignorant and rude comments made by some of the male members here.

I am a feminist and I am proud to be one. As you can see from the replies in this thread, the only people we can count on to help overturn this obscene decision made by the so-called Supreme Court are other women. I am going to fight this one for all I am worth.

Old 06-25-2022, 08:01 PM

15,652 posts, read 10,421,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
My my, gentlemen. Your attitudes are duly noted. As Gloria Steinem once observed, "If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament."
I have been reliably informed that men can get pregnant and menstruate, too.

Old 06-25-2022, 08:04 PM

32,131 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
I think it depends a lot on imaging technology, which has gotten better. Now we can all see the cute little babies only weeks after conception. So I get that. But a reasonable line has to be drawn. And the moment of conception is NOT it. A fertilized egg is NOT a baby. It just IS NOT.
There are no little babies being seen weeks after conception though. It's an embryo no bigger than your thump nail.

Old 06-25-2022, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I could not agree more, especially after reading the ignorant and rude comments made by some of the male members here.

I am a feminist and I am proud to be one. As you can see from the replies in this thread, the only people we can count on to help overturn this obscene decision made by the so-called Supreme Court are other women. I am going to fight this one for all I am worth.
I am sure a lot of women will feel the same. The Republicans will lose a lot of conservative women over it. I can't imagine myself getting involved in fighting it, because I have so very little in common with most progressives and most feminists. But I will be hoping they can find a way to get men the heck out of the whole abortion debate.

Old 06-25-2022, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I have been reliably informed that men can get pregnant and menstruate, too.
Yes, and that is why we no longer call our mothers "mother." We now call them our Birth Parents.

Old 06-25-2022, 08:08 PM

11,626 posts, read 6,086,967 times
Quote:
It is crazy to equate surgical abortions with early chemical abortions. Yes, should have named it differently.
I was being facetious but my point was based in reality. Often, it matters not what something does but what everyone thinks it does or is willing to believe it does. So calling something an "abortion" pill means killing a baby Noming something a "contraception" pill means preventing a fertilized egg. It matters not the truth. Most people are too lazy to actually learn what things are and what they do and go by how it sounds.

I have no doubt that had they named it the "prevention pill", and not used the inflammatory word "abortion", most of these states wouldn't be under pressure to ban it. Right or wrong. Even as it is not mis-named, since I understand you can use it anytime before 10 weeks, which truly is an "abortion".

Buy my point is, had they marketed it as a "contraceptive", many states would probably not bother looking into it.

Just human nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
There are no little babies being seen weeks after conception though. It's an embryo no bigger than your thump nail.
At 8 weeks it's already starting to look sort of like a baby, with little fingers and toes, and a sort of ET looking face.

https://www.istockphoto.com/photo/8-...8356-280545016

8,420 posts, read 4,588,255 times
Quote:

I assume you are in Colorado. Nothing changes for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies