Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 06:40 AM

350 posts, read 229,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Israel is a country with very high vaccine rates.
Yes it is! Funny how they are all jabbed and are still getting sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 06:53 AM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolceVita67 View Post
No. Gabon has a higher GDP per capita (PPP) than South Africa, its death rate from COVID is 171/200 and its vaccination rate far lower (10%).

South Africa and Seychelles are outliers in SSA for both vaccinations and deaths but not in a favorable direction.

Your stated correlation between income and death does not exist as evidenced by Gabon but also Botswana and a few other great examples.

Data is what it is. Does not agree vaccines are saving anyone.
The wealthiest countries in SSA based on per capita GDP and their ranking on covid deaths per capita. 46 countries in the SSA. Almost all the top 9 wealthiest countries are also at the top of per capita deaths. All are in the top half. Note Botswana and Gabon.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...alue_desc=true

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Seychelles #1
Mauritius #7
Equatorial Guinea #18
Gabon #19
Botswana #5
South Africa #2
Namibia #3
Eswatini #4
Cabo Verde #8

Quote:
For me that’s the CDC and I’m not joking. Everything they have said has been garbage or a lie or both.
Come on. What you are saying is total baloney.

Quote:
I went to Mexico 3 times during the pandemic. They were never ravaged. Cancun stayed open the entire. I had a huge NYE celebration with 100s of people, breathing and sweating on each other, in Tulum.
You went to tourist resorts who were doing everything to lure people to Mexico during the pandemic. I also went to Mexico during the pandemic. I know lots of people who live there including those in medicine, doctors, etc. Mexico was ravaged. Mexico wanted the optics that everything is fine, come on down during the pandemic. There was a travel ban of Americans and Mexicans crossing back and forth. The US enforced the ban, Mexico did not. You don't believe the hype of the CDC but you believe Rocket Man and the corrupt Mexican government. Amazing really.

Quote:
All this COVID scary talk is a big yawn, I never so much got a runny nose, and my friends and relatives who got it all had light symptoms. So yawn.
I got quite ill from covid. I know several people personally who died from it. I don't know your age but most people I know are 50's to 70 plus years old. I am 58. I got covid back in early 2021. Ended up in the ER and on oxygen. Just because you and those around you did just fine means nothing in the big picture.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:18 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
Israel was barely touched by omicron so it’s not shocking that BA5 is problematic there. It does reinfect some people who had BA1 but those infections are asymptomatic or minor. For those who never had omicron before it does seem BA5 is more severe than BA1 and 2 were on initial infection for some reason or another. That probably is largely because now people are further removed from Delta infections and vaccinations than they were 4-5-6 months ago. As we’ve seen before it’s sometimes advantageous to get Covid early than later or be exposed to it often. Those who sort of stay locked away from everyone can be more vulnerable to getting seriously ill later on

Old 06-29-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I don’t understand your list. Gabon has only 305 COVID deaths since the start of the pandemic, making it 171/200 countries in the world. Or better put 29/200 of the safest countries. It’s also richer than S. Africa and just by coincidence has a far lower vaccination rate - 10%. It’s certainly not due to means that Gabon is unvaccinated, the people don’t want it. Those 10% probably got it for travel.

Botswana has less than 3,000 deaths, putting it 88. It’s richer than South Africa, vaccination rate is similar but lower.
Deaths per million in SSA. Apples to apples. 7 of the top 9 wealthiest countries are also among the top 9 in covid deaths per million. Two not in the top 9 are in the top half of deaths per million including Gabon.

I provided the links. Feel free to check for yourself. You seem to be implying that more people vaccinated means more deaths. Even though millions died around the world they year before vaccines existed.

Old 06-29-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Gabon in deaths per million is ranked 171/200. It has 131 deaths per million. Only 29 countries in the world are better.

Most SSA are within 25% of this.

Ok now we are just repeating ourselves. I gave 9 examples. I asked you what your conclusion was as to why more affluent SSA countries also have more covid deaths and no response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies