Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 06:50 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times

Advertisements

What I could never understand about Griswold (contraceptives banned for married people) was while you can prove you are married, how can you prove you are NOT married?

Bad, bad law in so many ways. Hopefully, a state won't start that again with what they consider abortifacient BC.

Old 08-07-2022, 08:00 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
The only way to really assure that is that if married men continue to wear condoms until their spouse is in their late 50's. As a way to backup any failure of BC the woman is using.

So let's get that out there. All married men need to wear condoms, unless they are willing to support a pregnancy that their wives are willing to carry to term.

Seems fair.
Sure seems fair to me to and their wives need to insist that they do so so that she doesn't get pregnant.

Old 08-07-2022, 08:05 PM

[quote=Jo48;63925407]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I reiterated the statistics and facts by another poster so just what is your problem? Why are you saying I have very little life experience based on that? You pro-abortionists just can't help but deny the facts and attack anyone who doesn't agree with you. Not a very attractive trait.

Oh my, life was just terrible before Roe? The birth control pill has been around since 1960 and condoms since who knows when. Roe was passed in 1973. So again, just what was the problem?[/QUOT

And you pro-BIRTH people don't get. I am 73 and was around in those days and know when those things happened. My life was just fine back in those days other than medical problems, but I knew other women whose lives weren't.

Just because I am old and it doesn't affect me personally, does not mean that I don't care about the younger generation and what will happen to them. I have two daughters. As I said in another post, my younger is having lot of physical problems with BC methods. My older daughter is married to a WOMAN. Doesn't affect her personally either, but she cares about her sister and her straight friends.
I'm around the same age as you are but as I said birth control pills have been around since 1960 and condoms for an even longer time. Most women do not have a problem with BC methods since there are many available and men can wear a condom so just what are you getting at here?

If a woman can't use any BC (which is doubtful) then condoms for her male partner are the answer or abstaining if she doesn't want to get pregnant.

Old 08-07-2022, 08:34 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Sure seems fair to me to and their wives need to insist that they do so so that she doesn't get pregnant.
Well it takes two to be irresponsible, amirite? Therefore, a wife (or longtime partner) of a man should not have to "insist" that their man wears a condom, while married, every time. (Unless a baby is wanted, of course).

We can expect to see more posts from men here calling out husbands for not wearing condoms during the many years their wives are fertile, then, excellent.

Let's make sure everyone is responsible for the "sexual health" of their marriage. Right up until about 60 or so.

Old 08-07-2022, 08:37 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:

I'm around the same age as you are but as I said birth control pills have been around since 1960 and condoms for an even longer time. Most women do not have a problem with BC methods since there are many available and men can wear a condom so just what are you getting at here?

If a woman can't use any BC (which is doubtful) then condoms for her male partner are the answer or abstaining if she doesn't want to get pregnant.
But really, the man needs to wear a condom because that's the only way to ensure if there's an issue with the woman's BC that pregnancy won't occur.

So men should wear condoms at all times, every time. Unless the two people want a baby.

Every time. Unless their partner is say, 65. Or 70, just to be safe.

Old 08-08-2022, 04:59 AM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
But really, the man needs to wear a condom because that's the only way to ensure if there's an issue with the woman's BC that pregnancy won't occur.

So men should wear condoms at all times, every time. Unless the two people want a baby.

Whooppeeee. Just got my first SS check in the mail and so honey we can stop using BC.
Men don't like condoms because it decreases pleasure? My husband said that me wearing a diaphragm was like having sex with a trampoline. Oh but to be perfectly safe he needed to wear a condom TOO. Double the pleasure!!!! Are hands a safe method method of BC?? Then there is always the Bill Clinton method of BC.

Old 08-08-2022, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

Reading between the lines, it seems some posters want to go back to the "good old" days of the 50''s and 60's when women got married out of HS, pregnant right away, had child after child and spent their lives in the house and catering to their man.

I was alive back in those days, would not want to go back, or let the younger generation have to live that way, if they did not choose to do so for themselves. Shotgun Weddings rarely lasted.
Reading between the lines? Then your reading comprehension stinks. Where are you getting that because we say the male and female should use birth control if they don't want to get pregnant that we want to return to the 50's and 60's in regards to the roles you are describing? Who in here has suggested that we have shotgun weddings? Your desperate attempts to defend abortion out of convenience is desperate and laughable to say the least.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:44 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Men still can and do spread STDs, as seen by the current monkey pox epidemic and the AIDS epidemic that started primarily in the gay community. It benefits everyone for men to take initiative too and wear condoms unless they are in a serious relationship with a person who is getting tested regularly for STDs. While I recognize that the monkey pox epidemic is not an STD and spread by close contact, it is still a risk that men need to think about.
No one is saying otherwise.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:53 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
How is a woman going to have an abortion or give birth if she isn't fertile to have a baby to begin with?
Exactly. That's why such women shouldn't be included in the abortion percentage calculation, but the other poster included them. You and I are agreeing on this point.

Quote:
Birth rate and Fertility rate are to separate calculations in determining population size of a country and/or number of abortions. No bun in the oven, no fertility to put it there to begin with.
Again, the ferility rate is the number of live births in a year per 1,000 women of reproductive age in a population. When the number of abortions increases, as it has been, the fertility rate decreases. More abortions = fewer live births.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:57 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:

BOTH parties have EQUAL responsibility to use birth control when pregnancy is an unwanted outcome.

BOTH parties have EQUAL responsibility to prevent transmission of STDs during casual sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies