Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 11:09 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,596,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Okay, let's take that a bit further...what did the baby resulting from a violent act against its mother do to warrant its own death? Where is the act of self-defense in this situation? Do you recognize the inconsistency in your argument? It's not about sanctity of life. The baby doesn't even come into it for you except as a punitive measure for what you believe to be the mother's sexual impropriety. You write that it's depraved to end the life of the vulnerable for convenience. How is it not then also depraved to end the life of a child conceived through an act of violence? Why is rape an exception? To be clear, I am pro-choice, but I respect someone who argues against abortion on the basis of the baby's innocence in its conception. In your argument, there's no goal of protecting an innocent life; there's only vengeance against the woman who conceived. To me, that is depraved.
A prohibition on the termination of a pregnancy from rape is effectively a case of a woman being forced to carry a baby to term and give birth against her will. This doesn't seem any more justified than forcing a person to donate a kidney, part of their liver, etc. even if it would save a life.

You don't get to commandeer someone else's body to be a life support machine for 9 months.

Old 08-15-2022, 11:11 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
IC, I have likely read all of your posts on this subject multiple times. I am very aware of your position and the words you use to defend your position. I find them unprincipled and have discussed in detail why I find them so. There's no requirement that we agree.
I'm well aware that you disagree with the Non-Aggression Principle and prefer to allow women to kill their babies just for the sake of convenience.

Old 08-15-2022, 11:13 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
A prohibition on the termination of a pregnancy from rape is effectively a case of a woman being forced to carry a baby to term and give birth against her will. This doesn't seem any more justified than forcing a person to donate a kidney, part of their liver, etc. even if it would save a life.
You don't get to commandeer someone else's body to be a life support machine for 9 months.

I agree.

Old 08-15-2022, 11:33 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:

The thing is that is no different from any other women who does not want to carry a baby to term and give birth. The only difference is some random strangers with no dog in the race get to pass judgement and decide who is worthy of abortion.

Old 08-15-2022, 11:35 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Being pro-choice does not mean one is pro-death. I am pro-choice, which means I support any path forward a woman chooses in the event of an unwanted pregnancy, as long as it is lawful.
Pro choice = pro abortion.

How do I know this?

I support BC, abstinence, motherhood and adoption. I have said HEY! Look at all the choices I support!! I'm PRO CHOICE!!!!

But apparently, I, by definition, can never be pro choice -- even though I support 4 different options -- because I do NOT support abortion. I've had many, many, many pro choicers tell so.

Abortion = death

Which makes pro choice a pro death view point.

Just own it already. Stop pretending.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:20 PM

1,929 posts, read 559,472 times
Quote:
Okay, let's start over then. Informed Consent's argument to me, into which you deliberately inserted yourself and now want to claim otherwise, is based on the principle of protecting the vulnerable. She has backed herself into a corner because she makes an exception for a baby conceived from rape. How is a baby conceived via sexual assault any less vulnerable than one conceived via a consensual act of intercourse? There is no difference, yet IC treats them differently. The code of conduct informed by the set of values she claims to use in determining that abortion is not justified when intercourse is consensual is undermined by permitting abortion for a pregnancy that results from rape. That's what I mean when I stated that her argument was all or nothing. And then IC turned to self-defense to justify her inconsistency in an attempt to win the debate. That doesn't work either because the fetus is not the perpetrator in a sexual assault.
My claim is my debate is with you, no one else. It is you who is making it about others. Why you choose to reference any others in regard to the debate between you and I is strange. I have responded to your statements without reference to anyone else. The same by you would be more beneficial.

I have two previous unanswered questions I have asked of you. Of course you have no obligation to respond, but it may make your position more clear if you would. I will ask them once more.

"Choice in consensual sex.....no choice in forced sex. See no difference?

1. What other common areas about consensual sex and being raped do you think women should share?"

2. How many topics can you name that doesn't include exceptions?
Quote:
Back to the copy and paste portion of your previous post, proper attribution requires more than just quotation marks. Please include sources either through a citation or a link, so readers can find the original material if desired.
Point taken. The link was a reference to "ethics". Do you object to the material? Perhaps a contradictory statement....with links since that is your format.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:24 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:

Explain what the baby did that was wrong enough to sentence him/her to death via abortion.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:56 PM

1,065 posts, read 598,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Explain what the baby did that was wrong enough to sentence him/her to death via abortion.

Probably the same reason why Christians baptize infants - born with the stain of sin. Evidently they're not innocent after all.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:58 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
My claim is my debate is with you, no one else. It is you who is making it about others. Why you choose to reference any others in regard to the debate between you and I is strange. I have responded to your statements without reference to anyone else. The same by you would be more beneficial.

I have two previous unanswered questions I have asked of you. Of course you have no obligation to respond, but it may make your position more clear if you would. I will ask them once more.

"Choice in consensual sex.....no choice in forced sex. See no difference?

1. What other common areas about consensual sex and being raped do you think women should share?"

My perspective was from that of the fetus, not the woman, so the question does not apply. I have explained this repeatedly.

2. How many topics can you name that doesn't include exceptions?

I'm not trying to play dumb, but I honestly have no idea what this question has to do with my previous posts.

Point taken. The link was a reference to "ethics". Do you object to the material? Perhaps a contradictory statement....with links since that is your format.

I have no complaint about the information or its source. I simply wanted to see the quoted material properly cited, so it is easier to find and can be read in context.

Answers in red.

Old 08-15-2022, 01:35 PM

1,065 posts, read 598,495 times
Age 52 -12 equals 40 years of fertility
This is approximate from onset of menses to menopause.
With twelve cycles in a year, that's 480 opportunities to be impregnated in a lifetime. And that is being conservative. Everyone should be grateful there's only one in three women who abort - like it's our business anyway if someone aborts. Conception as most know is linear - the couple chooses each other. That's their first choice. That's 50/50. But the second choice, that's on him for consciencely deciding to impregnate her with his orgasm. Unfortunately, her second choice is biologically not tied to her orgasm and darn that egg could arrive the day after when those little swimmers are loitering about. If women could control their eggs, we wouldn't have ectopic pregnancies. The math proves women are exceptionally phenomenal with their sexual health. Leave them alone. Mic drop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies