Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 07:54 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Explain the discussion between a woman and her OBGYN.

Like this?

OBGYN: Well, so glad you are here. You look well, you are healthy and your baby is healthy. Everything looks great.

Woman: Do you think an abortion is right for me? I mean, I kinda want to kill my baby. Can you do that in this office?

OBGYN: ... ... ...

This idea that a woman has a "conversation about abortion with her doctor" is a blatant lie.

How many doctors does PP have on staff? How much counseling do the MDs who perform the abortions at PP do with the women BEFORE the abortion is scheduled?

I can answer that for you: NONE.

And after the abortion is scheduled?

NONE.

There are so many lies used to prop up abortion.
You seem to have the strangest fantasies.

Old 08-16-2022, 07:55 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
[quote=ansible90;63974260]
Quote:

You seem to have the strangest fantasies.
What does that conversation look like?

Explain it.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:02 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,697 times
Quote:

What does that conversation look like?

Explain it.
It's been many years, but I can tell you with certainty that the conversation between my doctor(s) and me did not resemble your dialogue in any, way, shape, or form.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:04 AM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Incest. You work in the mental health field you see a LOT of situations. There were brother and sister Consumers in their 30's born 3 years apart who were severely impaired mentally and physically. Their parents were teenage brother and sister. Grandparents put them up for adoption, but they never were adopted and became Wards of the State, needing round the clock care for the rest of their lives.

My first reaction (as a parent myself) was not about ABORTION, but why the hell did these irresponsible parents allow their son and daughter to have sex with each other? Then to let their daughter give birth not once, but TWICE to her brother's child??? Sorry, but giving their children contraceptives was NOT the solution. Abortion is just the secondary issue. Sure teens will have sex but with their own SIBLING?

As an aside, the majority of the Wards of the State Consumers who were severely impaired, were given up by their parents, and never adopted. Prospective adoptive parents do not want to be taking care of an adult child like these in their own OLD AGE.

Very, very sad. So what is your solution for these people? Bring back those horrible, and overcrowded, Insane Asylums?

Old 08-16-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
It's been many years, but I can tell you with certainty that the conversation between my doctor(s) and me did not resemble your dialogue in any, way, shape, or form.
For the 600,000+ women who go to Planned Parenthood for abortions, where NO OBGYNs are on staff, what does that dialogue look like?

Since the "conversation between a woman and HER DOCTOR" is the second most used argument for abortion?

And they never have that conversation?

Explain. The. Lie.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:17 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,697 times
Quote:
For the 600,000+ women who go to Planned Parenthood for abortions, where NO OBGYNs are on staff, what does that dialogue look like?

Since the "conversation between a woman and HER DOCTOR" is the second most used argument for abortion?

And they never have that conversation?

Explain. The. Lie.
I only know for sure how the dialogue proceeded for me, and it involved my perinatalogist (because I was high risk), my spouse, my mother (an obstetrician herself, who was not directly involved in my care), and then two more doctors. But my situation was complicated.

But based on my experience, for someone looking to terminate a very early pregnancy, the conversation between the patient and the health care provider who provides the abortive medications would revolve around ensuring that the patient was not under duress and aware of the effects of the procedure, able to handle them independently, and aware of when to call for help.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I don't know. I only know how the dialogue proceeded for me, and it involved my perinatalogist (because I was high risk), my spouse, my mother (an obstetrician herself, who was not directly involved in my care), and then two more doctors. But my situation was complicated.

For someone looking to terminate a very early pregnancy, the conversation between the patient and the health care provider who provides the abortive medications would revolve around ensuring that the patient was not under duress and aware of the effects of the procedure, able to handle them independently, and aware of when to call for help.
That's not the argument.

The argument is that it is a very special and "private conversation between a woman and HER doctor," implying this is a trusted long-term relationship.

So what does that look like? Since 600,000+ woman go to PP for abortions and there are NO OBGYNs on staff.

Explain. The. Lie.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:28 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
We can all just agree to call them humans. Which is what they are.

Humans have long development, beginning in the womb, and continuing after they are born.

If one were to compare a picture of a baby who was just born to a picture of an 85-year-old terminally ill person, would you say that they look alike? Or do they look very different?
No one is arguing they are not human embryos/fetuses. No one is arguing that oocyst, embryo, fetus, infant, toddler, child, Adolescent, adult and senescence are not stages of human development or life cycle.

An embryo is not a baby. An embryo is not a toddler, not an adolescent, not an adult.
An infant and an 85 year old are both in a viable and sentient state of human development, an embryo and fetus in early stages of development is not.
If one were to compare a picture of an infant and a 6 week embryo, would you say they look alike?

We are talking about Homo sapien abortions/pregnancies. I see no need to specify human embryo/fetus instead of just embryo/fetus. I really dont think anyone will be confused and think the discussion is about Canis familiaris.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:30 AM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
That's not the argument.

The argument is that it is a very special and "private conversation between a woman and HER doctor," implying this is a trusted long-term relationship.

So what does that look like? Since 600,000+ woman go to PP for abortions and there are NO OBGYNs on staff.

Explain. The. Lie.
Any conversation with a doctor is private, even the doc in the box at the strip mall. A conversation with a doctor doesn’t imply a long term relationship.

Unless you have a long term relationship with the woman that’s pregnant her pregnancy is not your business.

Women have choice, that doesn’t need anyone’s approval

Old 08-16-2022, 08:32 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
That's not the argument.

Explain. The. Lie.
I'm sure if you tried you could find many stories/articles from women who have had that conversation with their OBGYN or health provider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies