Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 08:33 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No one is arguing they are not human embryos/fetuses. No one is arguing that oocyst, embryo, fetus, infant, toddler, child, Adolescent, adult and senescence are not stages of human development or life cycle.

An embryo is not a baby. An embryo is not a toddler, not an adolescent, not an adult.
An infant and an 85 year old are both in a viable and sentient state of human development, an embryo and fetus in early stages of development is not.
If one were to compare a picture of an infant and a 6 week embryo, would you say they look alike?

We are talking about Homo sapien abortions/pregnancies. I see no need to specify human embryo/fetus instead of just embryo/fetus. I really dont think anyone will be confused and think the discussion is about Canis familiaris.
There seems to be a HUGE objection to calling a human a baby while in the womb.

So let's just call it a human being. Since that description applies from time of conception onward.

I assume you have no objection to 'human being' since that is biologically accurate?

And as such, abortions kill human beings.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:34 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No one is arguing they are not human embryos/fetuses. No one is arguing that oocyst, embryo, fetus, infant, toddler, child, Adolescent, adult and senescence are not stages of human development or life cycle.

An embryo is not a baby. An embryo is not a toddler, not an adolescent, not an adult.
It's a human life. An embryo is a stage in the human life cycle.
Quote:
An infant and an 85 year old are both in a viable and sentient state of human development, an embryo and fetus in early stages of development is not.
There are many humans that are not viable on their own. Does that mean we can kill them if we decide they're an inconvenience?

Old 08-16-2022, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's a human life. An embryo is a stage in the human life cycle.
There are many humans that are not viable on their own. Does that mean we can kill them if we decide they're an inconvenience?
Yes.

I am calling them human beings. Seems to be the most accurate definition.

And, abortions kill human beings.

Waiting for the argument that pregnant woman do not have human beings in their womb.

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
That's not the argument.

The argument is that it is a very special and "private conversation between a woman and HER doctor," implying this is a trusted long-term relationship.

So what does that look like? Since 600,000+ woman go to PP for abortions and there are NO OBGYNs on staff.

Explain. The. Lie.
Yes there are OBGYN at PP

3,048 posts, read 1,153,697 times
Quote:
That's not the argument.

The argument is that it is a very special and "private conversation between a woman and HER doctor," implying this is a trusted long-term relationship.

So what does that look like? Since 600,000+ woman go to PP for abortions and there are NO OBGYNs on staff.

Explain. The. Lie.
Since when does PP not have OBGyns on staff? Planned parenthood also employs nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and nurses. Now, you may have a point about there not being a long-term relationship between a PP provider and the client, but I'm not sure why you think there should be. Abortion, for which a referral is made, is a medical or surgical procedure that does not necessarily require a long-term relationship. Some general practitioners, my husband's for example, will prescribe abortive medications for their patients and provide follow-up, but that's not typical, and that's entirely by design. For decades, pro-life groups have been pushing to separate abortion from other health care services. That's why it's a rare abortive procedure that takes place anywhere but a clinic that specializes in abortion. It makes the providers and their patients incredibly vulnerable, and it's deliberate.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:37 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Incest. You work in the mental health field you see a LOT of situations. There were brother and sister Consumers in their 30's born 3 years apart who were severely impaired mentally and physically. Their parents were teenage brother and sister. Grandparents put them up for adoption, but they never were adopted and became Wards of the State, needing round the clock care for the rest of their lives.

My first reaction (as a parent myself) was not about ABORTION, but why the hell did these irresponsible parents allow their son and daughter to have sex with each other? Then to let their daughter give birth not once, but TWICE to her brother's child??? Sorry, but giving their children contraceptives was NOT the solution. Abortion is just the secondary issue. Sure teens will have sex but with their own SIBLING?

As an aside, the majority of the Wards of the State Consumers who were severely impaired, were given up by their parents, and never adopted. Prospective adoptive parents do not want to be taking care of an adult child like these in their own OLD AGE.

Very, very sad. So what is your solution for these people? Bring back those horrible, and overcrowded, Insane Asylums?
Then you know from personal experience that there is, was, and always will be a percent of the population that does not think, act, and respond as a reasonable, responsible person would, be it genetics, environment, mental health issues, etc.

IDK what the solution is or if there is one. At one point in our history incest was not considered a bad thing especially among the aristocrats.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Since when does PP not have gynecologists on staff? Gynecologists are doctors. Planned parenthood also employs nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and nurses. Now, you may have a point about there not being a long-term relationship between a PP provider and the client, but I'm not sure why you think there should be. Abortion, for which a referral is made, is a medical or surgical procedure that does not necessarily require a long-term relationship. Some general practitioners, my husband's for example, will provide abortive medications for their patients and provide any necessary follow-up, but that's not typical, and that's entirely by design. For decades, pro-life groups have been pushing to separate abortion from other health care services. That's why it's a rare abortive procedure that takes place anywhere but a clinic that specializes in abortion. It makes the providers and their patients incredibly vulnerable, and it's deliberate.
Then why don't these abortion clinics car enough about women to hire OBGYNs on staff for all shifts every day?They do not have them on staff for intake.

They are only there to do the abortions. A client of PP will never see a OBGYN until the procedure. Feet up in stirrups.

The client does not have a conversation about whether "an abortion is right for me with my trusted doctor so we can make an informed decision together" like the lie portrays.

Explain. The. Lie.

Explain why abortion providers refuse to hire OBGYN as regular staff since they care SO MUCH about women's health.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:50 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Since when does PP not have OBGyns on staff?
Is that a joke? They frequently have no MDs. Maybe NPs (Nurse Practitioners), but not MDs. This has happened more than once at this particular PP abortion clinic in Reno:

Reno, NV 911 Transcript

Old 08-16-2022, 08:57 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,697 times
Quote:
Then why don't these abortion clinics car enough about women to hire OBGYNs on staff for all shifts every day?They do not have them on staff for intake.

They are only there to do the abortions. A client of PP will never see a OBGYN until the procedure. Feet up in stirrups.

The client does not have a conversation about whether "an abortion is right for me with my trusted doctor so we can make an informed decision together" like the lie portrays.

Explain. The. Lie.

Explain why abortion providers refuse to hire OBGYN as regular staff since they care SO MUCH about women's health.

For the same reason that non-PP doctors have office hours. Is your GP in his office 24 hours a day?

The type of abortion you refer to above is a surgical procedure, and it's not uncommon that a surgeon meets his or her patient for the first time immediately prior to the procedure. I was referred for a colonoscopy a few months ago. First time I ever saw the gastroenterologist was in the procedure room. Woke up in recovery and never saw him again. Who took care of me in recovery? A nurse. And last week, I was out of town, taking care of an elderly relative, who was hospitalized for a collapsed lung. The surgeon who placed his chest tube? Saw him once after the procedure. Never saw him again. Saw the same few nurses around the clock, though.

My point? Most of the doctors you'll see in your life are fly-bys. They are there to diagnose a condition, perform a procedure, and then move on to the next patient. So while you're not wrong, your anger is misplaced. What you describe is simply the way health care works today. It's by design!

And, btw, if you are lucky enough to receive exceptional care during a health crisis, be sure to thank your nurses.

Old 08-16-2022, 09:04 AM

Quote:
For the same reason that non-PP doctors have office hours. Is your GP in his office 24 hours a day?

The type of abortion you refer to above is a surgical procedure, and it's not uncommon that a surgeon meets his or her patient for the first time immediately prior to the procedure. I was referred for a colonoscopy a few months ago. First time I ever saw the gastroenterologist was in the procedure room. Woke up in recovery and never saw him again. Who took care of me in recovery? A nurse. And last week, I was out of town, taking care of an elderly relative, who was hospitalized for a collapsed lung. The surgeon who placed his chest tube? Saw him once after the procedure. Never saw him again. Saw the same few nurses around the clock, though.

My point? Most of the doctors you'll see in your life are fly-bys. They are there to diagnose a condition, perform a procedure, and then move on to the next patient. So while you're not wrong, your anger is misplaced. What you describe is simply the way health care works today.

And, btw, if you are lucky enough to receive exceptional care during a health crisis, be sure to thank your nurses.
If you know that the "conversation and private decision between a woman and HER doctor" is a lie why are you continuing to argue with me?

You know It's. A. Lie.

The pro abortion argument is a LIE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies