Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 11:27 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I think what bothers me here is that you assume the physician who performs an abortion should be having a heart-to-heart talk with a patient about whether or not abortion is right for her. Even an OBGyn in private practice who has a long-standing relationship with a patient and makes a referral for abortion should tread very, very carefully. Your description smacks of a situation vulnerable to coercion, and a doctor who performs an abortion should avoid that at all costs. His or her role is to ensure that the patient understands the procedure, consents to have it done, and knows when to call for help if there are complications after she goes home. A patient should seek help from a mental health counselor if she is unsure and wants to talk out her feelings before making a decision.
What bothers me is the LIE that pro abortion people use: The decision is between a woman and HER DOCTOR.

Which isn't the case for the majority of abortions. She doesn't speak with HER DOCTOR.

So just stop lying about it.

Pretty simple. Stop lying to promote abortions.

It's like that homeless guy ion the corner with the sign begging for money for food. He's not using the money for food. He wants a beer. So stop lying about. He'd probably get more money if he just said I need beer money.

Abortion is all about deceit.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:28 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Are you denying that what is alive and developing in the womb of a pregnant woman is human from conception?

Yes, it's a human.
No, it's NOT a human.

Those are the answer choices. What do you think from a scientific standpoint?
It is a developing human. Until it is born and breathes and can survive outside the woman's body it is not a baby.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:29 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Are you denying that what is alive and developing in the womb of a pregnant woman is human from conception?

Yes, it's a human.
No, it's NOT a human.

Show me where I denied that an embryo or fetus is alive and developing.
I already answered from a biological standpoint.
A fetus of the species Homo sapiens
Its not a secret. Its been said, explained, ad nauseum.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:31 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,697 times
Quote:

Yes, it's a human.
No, it's NOT a human.

I don't personally have any problem with describing the developing human as a embryo, fetus, or even baby. Embryo and fetus describe a stage of development during pregnancy, just neonate, infant, adolescent, and adult describe stages of human development after birth. Furthermore, I don't think the use of those terms is dehumanizing, and I don't believe anybody else thinks that either.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:32 AM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well, if it's a free country, you don't even need to worry about being pro-abortion, unless you want to get an abortion and need a pro-abortion doctor.
And if you're anti-abortion, the solution is simple: Don't have an abortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
States aren't making abortion illegal in rape cases.
Aren't they?

Quote:
It’s not religion, it's SCIENCE. A developing baby prior to birth is a stage in the human life cycle.
So is the egg, sperm, zygote, embryo, fetus. It's not a baby until it's born. That's SCIENCE.

Which part of the "human life cycle" are you not opposed to ending via SCIENCE? Why harp on only one? Birth control ends stages in the "human life cycle", doesn't it? Why aren't you opposed to that, too? The egg, sperm and zygote are all part of the same "human life cycle".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
This is just another example of how the abortion debate is about judgement of the woman and NOT about the life of the fetus.
Bingo.

Quote:
It's hard to argue or believe that a pregnancy is unwanted when a woman doesn't even bother to use birth control or at least make sure her male partner uses it when willingly participating in male/female sex.
Psssst .... People don't always have sex to procreate.

Quote:
For decades, pro-life groups have been pushing to separate abortion from other health care services. That's why it's a rare abortive procedure that takes place anywhere but a clinic that specializes in abortion. It makes the providers and their patients incredibly vulnerable, and it's deliberate.
Exactly. And the same people that pushed that separation are now crowing about typical gynecologists not performing abortions? They should make up their uninformed, judgmental minds.

Quote:
Women typically go to PP because they don't have a relationship with an OBGyn in private practice, often because they lack adequate health care insurance.
Planned Parenthood was a godsend for routine gynecological care when I didn't have health insurance in my early 20s. It amazes me that the same people who vilify Planned Parenthood also yammer about women being irresponsible and needing to be more vigilant about birth control. Boy Howdy, where do thes people think a lot of women get their birth control?

Quote:
Are you just making this stuff up?
You know the answer to that question.

Quote:
I think what bothers me here is that you assume the physician who performs an abortion should be having a heart-to-heart talk with a patient about whether or not abortion is right for her.
I'm not sure I've ever had a "heart-to-heart" talk with a doctor about anything. The whole idea is just another deflection.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
What bothers me is the LIE that pro abortion people use: The decision is between a woman and HER DOCTOR.

Which isn't the case for the majority of abortions. She doesn't speak with HER DOCTOR.

It's like that homeless guy ion the corner with the sign begging for money for food. He's not using the money for food. He wants a beer. So stop lying about. He'd probably get more money if he just said I need beer money.

They come to an agreement. It's a decision that both make to consent to the procedure -- one consents to have it while the other agrees to perform it. There is no deceit involved. Both know why they're present and what is going to happen. You're getting wrapped up in semantics, as Ansible90 pointed out in a recent post.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
It is a developing human. Until it is born and breathes and can survive outside the woman's body it is not a baby.
Every human is developing every second of their life from CONCEPTION. An adolescent human develops into an adult human. A middle age human develops into an elderly human.

Abortions kill humans.

When someone dies, there is one less human in the world.

Likewise--

Every time there is an abortion, there is one less human in the world.

Because abortions kill humans.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Every human is developing every second of their life from CONCEPTION. An adolescent human develops into an adult human. A middle age human develops into an elderly human.

Abortions kill humans.

When someone dies, there is one less human in the world.

Likewise--

Every time there is an abortion, there is one less human in the world.

Because abortions kill humans.

Agree that abortion kills a human, and I'm still pro-choice.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Agree that abortion kills a human, and I'm still pro-choice.
You are an honest pro-choicer, which is rare.

Most refuse to recognize that, yes, that is a person (human) who is being killed. One less human in the world.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:47 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:

Aren't all medical issues between the patient and their doctor? It was just pointed out to you that abortion is a decision made between a woman and the doctor. No one is saying it is a long emotional heart to heart.

I was not sure I wanted to continue my first pregnancy. I made this known to my OBGYN. He did not perform abortions and encouraged adoption. He gave me options and referrals to a facility that did abortions and to adoption services. That was a decision/conversation between me and my doctor, no one else. That is the basis of HIPAA.
In the end I chose to continue my pregnancy and keep my baby. I made the ultimate decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies