Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 01:20 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
How is it any of your business to worry about the above every day about how other women are conducting their sex lives, unless you're a professional counselor hired to make it your business?
I don't give a crap what anyone does with their sex life as long as they don't kill another human just because they couldn't be bothered to use birth control.

Old 08-16-2022, 01:25 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,989,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
95% of unintended pregnancies are due to women voluntarily participating in unprotected sex, by their own admission.
Do you have a copy of the actual survey? I can't find a copy, but I've read nothing that says that it asks if they voluntarily participated in voluntary sex. I think that's an enormous assumption on your part.

Old 08-16-2022, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
This is such a garbage statistic when presented this way. You say "voluntarily participating," like it's all fun and games, but that is often not the case. Pregnancy coercion and birth control sabotage are real and they result in unwanted pregnancies, and that's not even considering coercion just to have sex.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...tive%20control.
Are you blind? 95% of women with unintended pregnancies ADMIT that they were either NOT using birth control at all, or failed to use it consistently each and every time they had male/female sex (Guttmacher).

Old 08-16-2022, 01:29 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Absolutely incorrect. It's a human life. Period. And that's easily proven so by just looking at those who have been convicted of homicide/murder and sent to prison for killing a child in utero. Even the federal law refers to them as "child" and "children."
It is alive. A life is when one is born.

An embryo or fetus is a potential life. You admitted it is a stage of human development. Many things can happen and do between conception and birth. Over one million known/documented miscarriages each year or 1/4 of all embryo. That is known miscarriages. Recent studies indicate it is more like 1/2 or 50% of all conceptions as most women never know they were even pregnant.
A human embryo has the potential to become a human baby.

You can believe whatever you choose but stop trying to demand that others deny science, logic, human development, and the legal system and telling them they are incorrect because they dont hold your unfounded beliefs.

Old 08-16-2022, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Do you have a copy of the actual survey? I can't find a copy, but I've read nothing that says that it asks if they voluntarily participated in voluntary sex. I think that's an enormous assumption on your part.
Yes. I've posted it many times. Here it is, again... Figure 1.3, here, pay particular attention to the pie chart on the right and the definitions in the article's text and the footnotes:

https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/def...lth-reform.pdf

Old 08-16-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
A life is when one is born.
What happens to an aborted baby? Does it continue to grow and develop after the abortion? Or does it die? It dies. Because it was a human life and abortion killed it.

Old 08-16-2022, 01:49 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,681,384 times
Quote:
Yes. I've posted it many times. Here it is, again... Figure 1.3, here, pay particular attention to the pie chart on the right and the definitions in the article's text and the footnotes:

https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/def...lth-reform.pdf
This appears to rely on data that is about 10+ years old. Do you have any up-to-date data?

Old 08-16-2022, 01:53 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
It is alive. A life is when one is born.

An embryo or fetus is a potential life. You admitted it is a stage of human development. Many things can happen and do between conception and birth. Over one million known/documented miscarriages each year or 1/4 of all embryo. That is known miscarriages. Recent studies indicate it is more like 1/2 or 50% of all conceptions as most women never know they were even pregnant.
A human embryo has the potential to become a human baby.

You can believe whatever you choose but stop trying to demand that others deny science, logic, human development, and the legal system and telling them they are incorrect because they dont hold your unfounded beliefs.
Is it human? Yes.

Human means person.

I have a potential million dollars. Can you rob me of it? Nope. Why? Because it doesn't exist.

If it were 'potential life" you couldn't do anything to it. Because it wouldn't exist. You couldn't have an abortion because there would be nothing to abort.

People need to start checking dictionaries for words that they don't understand.

Old 08-16-2022, 01:59 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
What happens to an aborted baby? Does it continue to grow and develop after the abortion? Or does it die? It dies. Because it was a human life and abortion killed it.
It is amazing how this point continues to be trotted out.

The epitome of cognitive dissonance.

If there is nothing there that is alive, there is nothing to terminate. So no abortion is needed.

Old 08-16-2022, 02:05 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Is it human? Yes.

Human means person.

I have a potential million dollars. Can you rob me of it? Nope. Why? Because it doesn't exist.

If it were 'potential life" you couldn't do anything to it. Because it wouldn't exist. You couldn't have an abortion because there would be nothing to abort.

People need to start checking dictionaries for words that they don't understand.
And there it is. I figured the personhood argument would find its way into this discussion eventually. Sigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies