Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 08:34 AM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just more excuses for irresponsible behavior. "I just couldn't help myself".

So having laws against murder is meddling in people's lives?
You prefer irresponsible people forced to be parents, role modeling irresponsible patterns to their children so the pattern continues?

Your opinion abortion is murder, is just that subjective judgment. Doesn’t make it true for all.

Women live their lives by their own morals and standards. They don’t want or need anyone’s approval.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:35 AM

41,970 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Is it your assertion that instead of this happening voluntarily, "someone" is forcing all those women (over 914,000 per year) to not use birth control each and every time and then forcing them to have sex anyway?
It's my assertion that no one should be including words to describe results of a study that aren't included in the actual study.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:40 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
140 pages later this topic is still raging? People who talk about responsible behavior and making logical choices obviously have never had mind blowing sex with a person you found so attractive your biology just wanted to get them pregnant or get pregnant at any cost. Throw in mind altering substances like alcohol and marijuana that remove inhibitions and self control and it's easy to see how unwanted pregnancies occur.

Unless we institute an authoritarian society you will never stop people from engaging in their hedonistic animal impulses, and sex is the strongest craving in nature.. it's the most basic and dates back to the earliest days of evolution. You are not going to shame people into behaving properly unless you punish them for bad behavior, and we don't do that any more in America. In any case, I don't believe the puritans who want total abortion bans will ever gain any significant long term power... their positions will only drive moderates to back voting democrat.

People want a political party that stops meddling in their lives and leaves them alone. Obviously neither one qualifies. Each one wants to fact check, moralize, and assimilate you into their collective. That's why I'm independent, though I vote republican most of the time. After watching the blue side the last 2 years, I want none of that.
No one said anything about not giving in to biological urges, hedonistic impulses, etc. It's fairly predictable that's going to happen, we're human after all. So WHY NOT use a long-term form of birth control (implant, shot, patch, vaginal ring, etc.) if you don't want to get pregnant and you know you're not good at being consistent about using birth control each and every time, instead of using no birth control at all? Why are there STILL so many women not even taking the most basic care of their own reproductive health?

Old 08-17-2022, 08:44 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
140 pages later this topic is still raging? People who talk about responsible behavior and making logical choices obviously have never had mind blowing sex with a person you found so attractive your biology just wanted to get them pregnant or get pregnant at any cost. Throw in mind altering substances like alcohol and marijuana that remove inhibitions and self control and it's easy to see how unwanted pregnancies occur.

Unless we institute an authoritarian society you will never stop people from engaging in their hedonistic animal impulses, and sex is the strongest craving in nature.. it's the most basic and dates back to the earliest days of evolution. You are not going to shame people into behaving properly unless you punish them for bad behavior, and we don't do that any more in America. In any case, I don't believe the puritans who want total abortion bans will ever gain any significant long term power... their positions will only drive moderates to back voting democrat.

People want a political party that stops meddling in their lives and leaves them alone. Obviously neither one qualifies. Each one wants to fact check, moralize, and assimilate you into their collective. That's why I'm independent, though I vote republican most of the time. After watching the blue side the last 2 years, I want none of that.
If a person just HAS TO HAVE drugs and alcohol and has to drive fast, are they allowed to kill people when they run them over?

Since they just HAD to drive recklessly while under the influence of drugs?

Ooopsie sorry I killed your grandma. My bad, you understand though right? I just couldn't;t help myself, it's alllll gooooood man!!!! Peace and love, oh yeah, sorry gam gams is dead. Oh well.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just more excuses for irresponsible behavior. "I just couldn't help myself".

So having laws against murder is meddling in people's lives?
That's what they actually believe. Astonishing, isn't it? And then they whine about how they don't get this, that, and all kinds of other benefits handed out by the government for free because they claim that's what a "civilized" society provides for its people. Well, what kind of a supposedly "civilized" society allows anyone to kill its most vulnerable members just for the sake of their own convenience?

Old 08-17-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If a person just HAS TO HAVE drugs and alcohol and has to drive fast, are they allowed to kill people when they run them over?

Since they just HAD to drive recklessly while under the influence of drugs?

Ooopsie sorry I killed your grandma. My bad, you understand though right? I just couldn't help myself, it's alllll gooooood man!!!! Peace and love, oh yeah, sorry gam gams is dead. Oh well.
That is exactly their mindset.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That is exactly their mindset.
Driving under the influence and killing someone is parallel to killing a human by abortion.

Both deaths are 100% preventable if the the person simply took precautions.

I've yet to see anyone defend a drunk/drugged driver though. Why is that? Seems it would be much harder to find a designated driver than go get BC. And Uber home is a LOT more expensive than a condom.

Go figure.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:50 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,706 times
Quote:
It's mainly low IQ folks having unwanted pregnancies.
The lower the general IQ of a nation's population, the higher the teen pregnancy rates.

The wealthier and more educated a population is, the lower the teen pregnancy rates.
Wealth accumulation is also strongly correlated with higher IQ's.

Lower IQ people tend to abuse alcohol and drugs more than higher IQ folks.

Most of the problems in the human world are an intelligence problem, e.g. stupid people create problems.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:50 AM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Driving under the influence and killing someone is parallel to killing a human by abortion.

Both deaths are 100% preventable if the the person simply took precautions.

I've yet to see anyone defend a drunk/drugged driver though. Why is that? Seems it would be much harder to find a designated driver than go get BC. And Uber home is a LOT more expensive than a condom.

Go figure.
Your opinion abortion is murder is just that an opinion not fact.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Your opinion abortion is murder is just that an opinion not fact.
They are the same circumstances.

Deaths are entirely preventable and caused by the actions of other people. That's a FACT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies