Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 11:20 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If a person just HAS TO HAVE drugs and alcohol and has to drive fast, are they allowed to kill people when they run them over?

Since they just HAD to drive recklessly while under the influence of drugs?

Ooopsie sorry I killed your grandma. My bad, you understand though right? I just couldn't;t help myself, it's alllll gooooood man!!!! Peace and love, oh yeah, sorry gam gams is dead. Oh well.
Thanks for the good laugh and you're right on!

Old 08-17-2022, 11:38 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Does abortion kill humans?

Yes.
Human what?

Old 08-17-2022, 12:06 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Unfortunately, it's not a legal reality everywhere. Shockingly, to me at least, Georgia just passed a law that extends a tax deduction for a fetus. I don't even know how that's supposed to work. Is the state just going to take a woman's word for it?
I'm sure that is not going to be the last unintended consequence.
Honestly, I hope its pushed to the limit in states that are pushing 6 week or "heartbeat" abortion limits and especially those pushing for personhood. Tax deductions, welfare benefit (counting a fetus as member of hh), census, HOA lanes, health and life insurance mandates, child support, social security numbers, burial/cremation regulations.

Of course this could also spill over into murder charges for abortions, involuntary manslaughter charges for women who miscarry or physicians who misdiagnose, even lawsuits against the state for not guaranteeing proper nutrition and prenatal care to every pregnant woman. Lawyers will also be able to put on quite a show in cases where the pregnancy is a grave risk to the mother. How do we determine which person has the right to live and which one should be let die. Aborting would be murder but just letting nature take it course and letting the mother die would not. And what a greater conundrum for separating conjoined twins. And lets not forget those little embryos created for IVF. Is it even legal to freeze a minor without their explicit consent. I mean can a parent choose to freeze their living minor child through crypto preservation?

Old 08-17-2022, 03:54 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Not arguing from a legal standpoint. Not sure what point you think you are making or why you think it's relevant.

Abortion kills humans. No legal argument there. Just facts.
So does miscarriages. Lots and lots of those, but not much handwringing over those dead humans by the crowd. Where are the rallies and outrage about how tragic that is, all those dead in the first trimester? They don’t even end up in a box, or cremated, with some form of ceremony, just usually end up in the toilet.

It’s hard on the prospective parents, for sure. But society couldn’t give a crap. I mean, what are we doing about that? Between 10 to 20% of all pregnancies in the US end in spontaneous abortion.

If we’re going to treat 6 week foetuses like babies, then let’s go the whole hog.

Let’s afford them all funerals and give parents grief leave. Let’s all send cards on the anniversary of that baby’s demise. Let’s do investigations into every miscarriage like we would if it was a live breathing baby.

Make sure Mom didn’t do anything to cause it, right? I mean if foetuses equal born breathing babies, then we’ve been going about this all wrong.

Old 08-17-2022, 04:33 PM

1,065 posts, read 598,325 times
Quote:
Not arguing from a legal standpoint. Not sure what point you think you are making or why you think it's relevant.

Abortion kills humans. No legal argument there. Just facts.
The egg I ate was a chicken.

Old 08-17-2022, 04:47 PM

1,929 posts, read 558,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Human what?
Looking at it from the standpoint of the human fetus, his/her life.

Old 08-17-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So does miscarriages. Lots and lots of those, but not much handwringing over those dead humans by the crowd. Where are the rallies and outrage about how tragic that is, all those dead in the first trimester? They don’t even end up in a box, or cremated, with some form of ceremony, just usually end up in the toilet.

It’s hard on the prospective parents, for sure. But society couldn’t give a crap. I mean, what are we doing about that? Between 10 to 20% of all pregnancies in the US end in spontaneous abortion.

If we’re going to treat 6 week foetuses like babies, then let’s go the whole hog.

Let’s afford them all funerals and give parents grief leave. Let’s all send cards on the anniversary of that baby’s demise. Let’s do investigations into every miscarriage like we would if it was a live breathing baby.

Make sure Mom didn’t do anything to cause it, right? I mean if foetuses equal born breathing babies, then we’ve been going about this all wrong.
Anyone want to take the time to explain to FR the difference between elective abortions and miscarriages?

Old 08-17-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
The egg I ate was a chicken.
Was it still in the hen?

Old 08-17-2022, 05:39 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Looking at it from the standpoint of the human fetus, his/her life.
They dont believe 1) it's human or 2) it's a life.

I have no idea what they think doctors do during an abortion. But they are pretty adamant that women have them.

Per their above "logic" abortions aren't needed.

Old 08-17-2022, 07:27 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Anyone want to take the time to explain to FR the difference between elective abortions and miscarriages?
I know the difference. I’ve had a miscarriage. You?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies