Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 11:02 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
In biblical times it was done if the husband believed his wife may have committed adultery.
It was done because an unmarried woman could be killed, mutilated or abandoned for being pregnant.
To hide sexual activity
for the good of the tribe in times of famine for population control.
for the good of the family for financial reasons.
It was done to reduce the number of weaker children or just the number of children
It was done to prevent bodily disfigurement
to reduce the number of heirs
There is a multitude of reason throughout history that men and women sought abortion and supported abortion.

Some animals also abort their pregnancies. Many other species have the ability of diapause. So abortion/diapause is actually a tactic for survival used by a large array of species.
We're at BELOW replacement level birth rates here in the US so why are there even any abortions at all? It's certainly not for any of the reasons you've listed. 98.3% of abortions are performed solely for the sake of convenience, not out of necessity.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:04 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It demonstrates how deep the psychosis is.

Truly.

"Women in the US today, a first-world country, are faced with survival threats so deadly that they have to kill their babies."

Just when you think you've seen it all.
You did not specify 2022 and I did not specify historically. I did however mention biblical. I guess I should not have assumed reasonable person standard.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
You did not specify 2022 and I did not specify historically. I did however mention biblical. I guess I should not have assumed reasonable person standard.
If ww were going by reasonable person standard, it would be quite clear that using "survival threat" in a abortion thread is idiotic.

What was the response you were seeking?

I think I'm done with this thread. The level of psychosis used to support and champion the killing humans is too high for me. Survival threat????

Good grief.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:08 AM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
Many states have abortion bans at 6 weeks. Most abortions are performed in the first trimester, ~65% <9 weeks, ~93% <=13 weeks.
A fetus is not significantly developed at this stage.

You know what is probably traumatic for the fetus is birth. I know my two natural births were excruciatingly painful and traumatic for me. I would imagine the were also for my children. But no one remembers being born.
Except the mother of course. Coincidentally, no one remembers being killed, except the mother. Good thing, huh.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
We're at BELOW replacement level birth rates here in the US so why are there even any abortions at all? It's certainly not for any of the reasons you've listed. 98.3% of abortions are performed solely for the sake of convenience, not out of necessity.
Each woman who seeks an abortion has her own reason. You need but to ask them. I am sure it is based on personal reasons not fertility rates although I'm sure you won't accept any answer so just go with convenience. I am glad you admit women are actually more responsible as reflected in the replacement birth rates, which are at an all time low.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:11 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Each woman who seeks an abortion has her own reason. You need but to ask them. I am sure it is based on personal reasons not fertility rates although I'm sure you won't accept any answer so just go with convenience. I am glad you admit women are actually more responsible as reflected in the replacement birth rates, which are at an all time low.
To kill the human.

One reason. It's the same for all of them. Every single one.

Last post.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:
If ww were going by reasonable person standard, it would be quite clear that using "survival threat" in a abortion thread is idiotic.

What was the response you were seeking?

I think I'm done with this thread. The level of psychosis to championing killing humans is too high for me. Survival threat????

Good grief.
You asked why would anyone kill (abort) a healthy baby (fetus). I listed reasons people historically and currently have abortions. The reasonable person standard would assume a reasonable person would understand a general question and general answer not specific to 2022.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
To kill the human.

One reason. It's the same for all of them. Every single one.

Last post.
Well, I thought you actually wanted people's reasons but you just wanted to tell people what their reasons are.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:24 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Well, personally, hypothetically I don't want to have to pay my roofing contractor because it's inconvenient for me to part with thousands of dollars and I'd rather use that money for something else like a tropical vacation, etc. Can I just kill him instead so I don't have to pay, like the argument many of you make for letting women kill their babies?

Old 08-18-2022, 11:26 AM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
Pardon, I thought we were concerned with the life of the fetus, not the sin of the mother.
Perhaps you should re read your question. You asked the difference in the life of the fetus.

"First you explain the difference in the life of the aborted fetus and the miscarried fetus. How is one an actual important life and one not an actual important life?
If one person dies from a gunshot wound and one dies of cancer is the one's life who died of cancer not equally important as the one who die of a gunshot wound?"

I said both lives are important. Choosing to end one is the difference.

So the question is, why do you think the life of the aborted not equally important as any other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies