Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 07:07 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,679,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
The life of a fetus is not important? Tell that to the tens of thousand of mothers who are busily planning their care during pregnancy, thinking of a name, who in the family to tell first, and planning a nursery. Telling a woman her developing fetus is 'not important' is one of the cruelest things I can imagine.

Not recognized in an 'official' capacity? How much of an official capacity does a mother need to recognize her pregnancy? The fetus has its own unique DNA, produces ultrasound images that many mothers keep for a lifetime. Regular Medical records and checkups kept to determine the health of the mother and the fetus during the pregnancy. Think the mother gives a flip about 'official capacity'? I've not heard any detrimental remark over a miscarriage, here or anywhere else. I would imagine even the most hard core pro-lifer feels more compassion than contempt over a miscarriage vs abortion, for reasons some can't seem to grasp.
How is it that to some pro-life people, the fetus is important and the second the baby comes into the world, the mother is on her own with no support such as paid maternity leave (or pregnancy recovery leave), subsidized healthcare, or other assistance in helping raise the baby once the baby is born? Telling a woman she has to give birth to a baby, but no one is going to help her pay the $2,800 WITH INSURANCE she has to pay to give birth, give her paid leave to recover from delivering the baby and bond with the baby, and that she’s just going to have to scrape up the $2K a month to pay for childcare is equally cruel.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:26 PM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
How is it that to some pro-life people, the fetus is important and the second the baby comes into the world, the mother is on her own with no support such as paid maternity leave (or pregnancy recovery leave), subsidized healthcare, or other assistance in helping raise the baby once the baby is born? Telling a woman she has to give birth to a baby, but no one is going to help her pay the $2,800 WITH INSURANCE she has to pay to give birth, give her paid leave to recover from delivering the baby and bond with the baby, and that she’s just going to have to scrape up the $2K a month to pay for childcare is equally cruel.
To read your made up story is like saying she is homeless with no friends or family, living on the streets.

To pretend there are no agencies to help with everything mentioned above, you are just promoting a narrative.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:32 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Quote me where I have ever posted anything remotely like that. Because what you posted is a blatant LIE about my posts. Absolute lie. Why are you lying?

The questions asked in your posts are idiotic, which is why you rarely get responses.

They pose a scenario that YOU WANT -- generally about how YOU WANT all women to be punished and all killed -- and then YOU BEG posters to agree with you since it's a leading question.

They do absolutely nothing to further any discussion.

Stop LYING about what you claim are MY positions. Thanks.
Come on now, one can't lie by asking questions. The questions posed are about you, not me. So once again, since you keep insisting over and over again that abortion is murder, don't you as a matter of fact want women put to death who are convicted of abortion? Or would life in prison suit you fine? But what if the woman aborted twins? Should she get two lifetimes in prison? Or if not life in prison or death, then what.

If you want the questions to be asked about me, then I'm NO on all of them. I also don't support prison time.

By the way, my questions were certainly not idiotic. Because a number of people really do want as much as the death penalty for women convicted of abortions. In 2019, the Texas state capital was open until 3am to hear from hundreds of people who wanted it made law. It wasn't.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:38 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
The life of a fetus is not important? Tell that to the tens of thousand of mothers who are busily planning their care during pregnancy, thinking of a name, who in the family to tell first, and planning a nursery. Telling a woman her developing fetus is 'not important' is one of the cruelest things I can imagine.

Not recognized in an 'official' capacity? How much of an official capacity does a mother need to recognize her pregnancy? The fetus has its own unique DNA, produces ultrasound images that many mothers keep for a lifetime. Regular Medical records and checkups kept to determine the health of the mother and the fetus during the pregnancy. Think the mother gives a flip about 'official capacity'? I've not heard any detrimental remark over a miscarriage, here or anywhere else. I would imagine even the most hard core pro-lifer feels more compassion than contempt over a miscarriage vs abortion, for reasons some can't seem to grasp.
I very specifically did not say that.

I thought we were actually having an interesting conversation that went above knee jerk sound bites.

My bad.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:43 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
They are two unrelated things. Not wanting to unborn to be killed has nothing to do with the mother's responsibility to feed and care for it after it's born.

If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant and take care of a baby then she should use birth control correctly and constantly.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:48 PM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I very specifically did not say that.

I thought we were actually having an interesting conversation that went above knee jerk sound bites.

My bad.
If I misinterpreted what you were saying, I apologize. Maybe you could expound on what you are saying?
Quote:
It's not as "important" as any other. Neither is a the life of the spontaneously aborted.

You may disagree with that as an individual, but as a society we don't even recognise their existence in an official capacity.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They are two unrelated things. Not wanting to unborn to be killed has nothing to do with the mother's responsibility to feed and care for it after it's born.

If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant and take care of a baby then she should use birth control correctly and constantly.
As should her partner.

Women ain’t the bleedin’ Virgin Mary.

Old 08-18-2022, 08:09 PM

Quote:
If I misinterpreted what you were saying, I apologize. Maybe you could expound on what you are saying?
I did, in my post.

As a society, we keep no official record of foetuses as human entities. No name, no date of conception, no date of death, nothing.

Of course as an individual, we mourn the loss of our own pregnancy in our own way.

But as a whole, we do not act like a miscarriage is the same as the death of a born baby. We just don’t. I personally think that’s for self preservation reasons, it being so common.

So given that, we surmise that foetuses are not as important to society as born children.

And given that we don’t hold funerals etc for foetuses, equating abortion with murder like it’s a an actual born baby - is a huge leap as far as societal norms are concerned.

If we don’t treat foetuses when they organically die in the same way we treat born babies when they die, then we can’t equate abortion with murder, when a pregnancy is terminated.

It’s a complete dichotomy of rules.

Old 08-18-2022, 08:34 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
I did, in my post.

As a society, we keep no official record of foetuses as human entities. No name, no date of conception, no date of death, nothing.

Of course as an individual, we mourn the loss of our own pregnancy in our own way.

But as a whole, we do not act like a miscarriage is the same as the death of a born baby. We just don’t. I personally think that’s for self preservation reasons, it being so common.

So given that, we surmise that foetuses are not as important to society as born children.

And given that we don’t hold funerals etc for foetuses, equating abortion with murder like it’s a an actual born baby - is a huge leap as far as societal norms are concerned.

If we don’t treat foetuses when they organically die in the same way we treat born babies when they die, then we can’t equate abortion with murder, when a pregnancy is terminated.

It’s a complete dichotomy of rules.
Yes.

Old 08-18-2022, 08:51 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
For which human?

The one being killed? Being killed is not traumatic?
Do you remember being born. You know going down that birth canal and maybe the doc using forceps to get you out. Of course you don't remember so how would an embryo be traumatized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies