Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2022, 02:21 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I think you understood my post perfectly. Most women, the vast majority, manage their sexuality without any problem at all, but the thread takes the tone that women (plural) need to take better care to avoid pregnancy. The thread heaps blame on women that is undeserved.
Well isn't it the woman's fault since she is the one that can get pregnant but doesn't use birth control and doesn't insist that her partner does to?

Old 08-20-2022, 02:22 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well isn't it the woman's fault since she is the one that can get pregnant but doesn't use birth control and doesn't insist that her partner does to?
Woman/Women

Do you understand the difference between those two words?

The overwhelming majority of women do perfectly well managing their fertility.

Old 08-20-2022, 02:39 PM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
I think you understood my post perfectly. Most women, the vast majority, manage their sexuality without any problem at all, but the thread takes the tone that women (plural) need to take better care to avoid pregnancy. The thread heaps blame on women that is undeserved.
Yes, I did understand your post perfectly. You obviously want the blame to be heaped on men, the vast majority of which also manage their sexuality without any problems. Men have stated in this thread it is also equally a mans responsibility.

I said everyone need take better care. I will ask again according to your response "No, EVERYONE does not", who do you think is exempt? Who does not need to take better care of their sexual health? To whom are you giving a pass? Are you intimating all unintended pregnancies are the fault of men? That is as bad as saying they are all the fault of women. I think you understood my question perfectly.

Old 08-20-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Yes, I did understand your post perfectly. You obviously want the blame to be heaped on men, the vast majority of which also manage their sexuality without any problems. Men have stated in this thread it is also equally a mans responsibility.

I said everyone need take better care. I will ask again according to your response "No, EVERYONE does not", who do you think is exempt? Who does not need to take better care of their sexual health? To whom are you giving a pass? Are you intimating all unintended pregnancies are the fault of men? That is as bad as saying they are all the fault of women. I think you understood my question perfectly.

The vast majority of women are handling their fertility perfectly well and have no problem avoiding pregnancy, STIs, and unhealthy emotional entanglements, and yet this thread talks about women as if all of us are failing to manage our fertility and sexuality well. Why is that? I'd say it's because there are a few men and women on C-D, who find their life's purpose in crapping --figuratively, of course-- on women (plural), and it's time we all stop giving them a stage and a megaphone to express their need to do so.

Last edited by kj1065; 08-20-2022 at 03:56 PM..

Old 08-20-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Woman/Women

Do you understand the difference between those two words?

The overwhelming majority of women do perfectly well managing their fertility.
Then why are so many getting abortions and why are so many worked up over Roe vs Wade being returned to the states?

Old 08-20-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Then why are so many getting abortions?
Are you suggesting that most women have abortions?

Old 08-20-2022, 03:19 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,103,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Waiting for the day that the word "responsibility" is deemed sexist or racist or demeaning etc. I'm sure it's coming eventually. Sadly we live in a world where nobody wants to take responsibility and it's always the other guys fault or we have a belief system that our beloved government is there to solve all of our problems.

If I step back and look at this situation I hang my head in shame. We live in selfish times.
Not just selfish times but bizarre times. Apparently condom jacking is a large enough concern for professional athletes that sports organizations like the NBA actually have sex classes that brief players how to properly dispose of a used condom. You can’t make this stuff up.

Here’s link to an older article.
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016...d-condoms.html

Ok, back on topic, whatever that is exactly.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:49 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Then why are so many getting abortions and why are so many worked up over Roe vs Wade being returned to the states?
You must not be listening. Our civil rights, our privacy, our right to determine our own body autonomy.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:54 PM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
The vast majority of women are handling their fertility perfectly well and have no problem avoiding pregnancy, STIs, and unhealthy emotional entanglements, and yet, this thread talks about women as if all of us are failing to manage our fertility and sexuality well. Why is that? I'd say it's because there are a few men and women on C-D, who find their life's purpose in crapping --figuratively, of course-- on women (plural), and it's time we all stop giving them a stage and a megaphone to express their need to do so.
Paranoia abounds I guess. I often hear various groups saying I'm being lumped into this class of (fill in the blank) and I'm not part of that. Not everything is about you (generically, not specifically). If you don't fit into the category discussed then it is obviously not about you. There is not a mutual topic in any group where everyone in that group is classed together.

This thread has been largely about using contraceptives. If you use contraceptives then it is not about you, men or women.

Old 08-20-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Are you suggesting that most women have abortions?
Where did I use the word "most"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies