Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2022, 04:21 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Not a definition. Why should a woman test every month if she is consistently taking her bc? Missed period? Again woman cycle is individual, one size does not fit all.

Which is why it’s best for the individual to deal with her own body not the expectations of strangers.
It is deflection. Because we’re talking about detecting pregnancy asap. Why not take 5 minutes to find out?

So missing a period for 2,3,4,5 months is normal and no need to test for pregnancy?

Old 08-28-2022, 04:24 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
A woman’s fertility is private period. Doesn’t matter if she gives birth or aborts. Her choice.

Lots of women use one method of bc don’t test every month and manage to not get pregnant.
It’s not private when she gets pregnant because another person becomes involved because she got pregnant and the matter now involves more than just herself.

Why are you so against testing?

Old 08-28-2022, 04:25 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Depends on the woman and her personal cycle. You want to police all women from age 12 to 45, for their entire reproductive life to see if they’re doing it right?
How is a woman taking a test in the privacy of her own home being “policed”? It’s for her own benefit.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:26 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. Quite the deflection from answering such simple questions.

Why is taking 5 minutes of one’s time to test once a month unrealistic?

How long should one wait to test after missing their period, 2,3,4,5 months?
It's not, but I wonder if you're aware of the various conditions that lead to irregular periods. I frequently went nine months between periods when I was in my twenties because of PCOS. After seven years and a couple of first trimester miscarriages (I did not know I was pregnant either time), I ended up in fertility treatment.

My daughter started missing her periods when she was eighteen. Her doctor assumed it was also PCOS and gave her birth control pills to force a menstrual cycle. Over a couple of years, she gradually stopped having withdrawal periods. It took a total of five years for her to be diagnosed with a prolactinoma, a benign tumor on her pituitary gland that interferes with reproductive hormones.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
It's not, but I wonder if you're aware of the various conditions that lead to irregular periods. I frequently went nine months between periods when I was in my twenties because of PCOS. After seven years and a couple of first trimester miscarriages (I did not know I was pregnant either time), I ended up in fertility treatment.

My daughter started missing her periods when she was eighteen. Her doctor assumed it was also PCOS and gave her birth control pills to force a menstrual cycle. Over a couple of years, she gradually stopped having withdrawal periods. It took a total of five years for her to be diagnosed with a prolactinoma, a benign tumor on her pituitary gland that interferes with reproductive hormones.
Quite the anecdotal experiences, and testing takes 5 minutes. So simple to find out if one is pregnant or not.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:31 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
It is deflection. Because we’re talking about detecting pregnancy asap. Why not take 5 minutes to find out?

So missing a period for 2,3,4,5 months is normal and no need to test for pregnancy?
I responded in general how a woman runs her reproduction is her business. I responded to people thinking a woman should have to test every month when she takes bc. Women should use bc. To expect them to use two, three methods and test for pregnancy every month is unrealistic. Then what? Let’s say she’s pregnant, anti choice still wants her to give birth despite all she’s done not to get pregnant.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How is a woman taking a test in the privacy of her own home being “policed”? It’s for her own benefit.
It’s not. It’s simply easier to make excuses than to take 5 minutes out of one’s time.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:33 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Do you expect all fertile women to test monthly to see if she’s pregnant even when she’s consistent on her bc?

Old 08-28-2022, 04:34 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Quite the anecdotal experiences, and testing takes 5 minutes. So simple to find out if one is pregnant or not.
Anecdote or not, it's been my life. We have lots of reproductive troubles in this family. I wish I understood why. My great-aunt also had a prolactinoma, although they aren't known to run in families. I often look at my children in wonder and gratitude that are even here given what a difficult journey it was to bring them into the world.

My daughter recently got an IUD, although she is not in a relationship and is not sexually active. As has been driven home over and over in this thread, being conscientious about one's fertility is essential, and that goes for both men and women.

I must say, though, that I'm confused about the purpose of pregnancy testing. Whether she knows at 4 weeks or 10, she can still abort, at least where it's still legal.

Old 08-28-2022, 04:35 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,324,092 times
So you people want every sexually active woman using BC, to also test every single month until menopause, and maybe after? Are you INSANE?

A woman may not know she is pregnant at 6 weeks. At that point in time she may not even know she is having a miscarriage. Embryo too small see anything.

I would like Suzy Q, medical professional, to comment on this. I was taking the Pill (husband not using condom), did not miss any, and got my period exactly on time with no excessive bleeding. Everything seemed perfectly normal.

Happened to have a GYN exam soon after. My doctor in examining me asked if I had been trying to get pregnant. No. Your period was on time and normal? Yes. He said from my exam that he thought I might have been pregnant and had a miscarriage because my "parts" looked blue instead of pink. Imagine THAT?

Re-read my first paragraph. I suppose some of you posters think you know more than an OB/GYN does. In the early weeks of pregnancy a lot is unknown, and anything can happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies